10+ Year Old Account
    dem cyrodiil screenshots... dem oblivion feels

dem skyrim screenshots.... DOVAHKIIN DOVAHKIIN DODODODODODODODOIDOODODODODODODOD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shaley View Post
    "If the content is still getting cleared, my build is fine." I agreed with you, multiple times. As long as personal choice isn't hampering group progression, it doesn't matter. I've said this over, and over, but people are still disagreeing with me, calling ME elitist.

The word you're ALL looking for, as I've said, is "asshole".

The problem is this part:

If content is not being cleared, GENERALLY most players who make "free roam choices" like you're suggesting you're going to do, don't have a clue that they are part of the problem. When someone mentions it, it can be said in two ways.

1) This is a problem, I think you should switch from talent A to talent B

or 2) You're a %$#$%^$# how can you be so #$% #$%#$ %$#% at this game it's so easy.

Someone who "knows" the mathematical right and wrong. So, to me, 1 is the definition of an elitist. 2, is an asshole.

Now, the second part of that statement is what turns Elitists into Assholes.

You claim to be able to make the choices for yourself, but in a progression encounter, you've already lost the first battle. You specced incorrectly. Saying, "I'll take your advice when I ask for it" is -extremely- arrogant. That's what drives the "mathy elitists" up the wall. We want to succeed, and we want everyone to know why things work better certain ways.

But then you get people responding with, "I don't give a shit, I'll play however I want. If I want your opinion, I'll ask for it."

Those kinds of people can never get out of Warcraft's LFR. They lack the social skills, and/or personal responsibility or accountability to accept that someone else who is better at the game may have a better grasp at how to play better.

Again, before anyone confuses this, again, this only is applying to high end, bleeding edge, progression content. I don't think anyone gives two donkey dongs about what someone is doing in dungeons.

I'm saying that this "ill ask when I want to know" attitude isn't welcome on the high-end scene. But, if you're not interested in that scene at all, then this entire argument/discussion has been for no reason. Tomato, Tomato, Potato, Potato. Different strokes for different folks.

- - - Updated - - -

Except "gaming the system" and "playing a game" are two completely different words. These are called HOMONYMS.
    If you are doing what you call "high end, bleeding edge, progression content" you are doing this with a tight-nit group who knows how to play with each other (tee hee) and can take constructive criticism from each other. A group of people who can depend and trust on each other.

If you are doing normal content what I said stands. If content is getting cleared, so what.

In both these cases. A group/raid wide damage meter is not needed.

When there is only an individual damage meter:

In your group, the individual player will be more than happy to share his numbers with the group to recieve help. And the group will push harder to clear the content.

In my group, the individual players will take care of themselves (or even ask for assistance) and try again. If it looks like the content won't get cleared, the group dissipates and the individuals will try again with another group.

With group/raid wide damage meters:

In your group, not much changes. It only makes it slightly easier for others to help you.

In my group, everyone starts bitching about so and so not doing this and that right. While whoever is at top is bragging about his awesomeness and insulting everyone else. And then people either leave without even trying anymore, or people get pushed out.

I would really prefer the individual damage meters over the group/raid wide meter. Yes, it is slightly less convenient for your group, but it drastically increases the enjoyment for the other group.

As for the definition. The point I was trying to make is a word can have different meanings. "Game" is not always synonymous with "competitive".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post

dem skyrim screenshots.... DOVAHKIIN DOVAHKIIN DODODODODODODODOIDOODODODODODODOD
    Haven't seen any skyrim screenshots yet, can you link em?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by zylathas View Post
    Haven't seen any skyrim screenshots yet, can you link em?

they were in the reddit thing posted about 3 or 4 pages back. it showed a nordic barrow.

MY second trip in cyrodiil I went off trying to find Cheydinhal... I think I found bravil down near the eastern Elsweyr gate. But the 'slaughterfish' ate me before I could reach an edge of coast.

Quote Originally Posted by Grantji View Post
    no. The increased experience becomes completely useless once you hit maxlevel with your resto staff skills ... and that happens before you reach the maximum character level of 50 anyways.
    If you're really looking for the "best" healer race you should consider picking a Breton for the lowered spell cost and increased magicka or Altmer for magicka regeneration and increased magicka. Also multiple people already have figured out that the lowered spell cost is better than the magicka regeneration, because m.reg is tied to your magicka stat and once you hit the (soft)cap you won't benefit that much from the 15% ... or something like that.
    Isn't it only a 3 point racial totaling 3% reduction? For bretons

Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    holy shit it was?? omg that means i can finally tell people I got a MOTHER FUCKING LEGENDARY last beta weekend
    That's got to make combat awkward. I mean, what's the radius in which the weapon will actively go after go after a mother and start trying to hump her?
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Quote Originally Posted by zeuseason View Post
    Isn't it only a 3 point racial totaling 3% reduction? For bretons
    basically.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    That's got to make combat awkward. I mean, what's the radius in which the weapon will actively go after go after a mother and start trying to hump her?
    My weapon tends to have a huge range. (c'mon, you know someone was gonna say it)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post

on a side note ... when I started a Altmer character, the first rune i gathered on in the starter zones was also a legendary ... so ... yeah, I'm kind of a big deal.

10+ Year Old Account
    they were in the reddit thing posted about 3 or 4 pages back. it showed a nordic barrow.
    those were... hmmm.... i guess technically skyrim but not really skyrim >.> that's the starting area island for the ebonheart pact
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    If you are doing what you call "high end, bleeding edge, progression content" you are doing this with a tight-nit group who knows how to play with each other (tee hee) and can take constructive criticism from each other. A group of people who can depend and trust on each other.

If you are doing normal content what I said stands. If content is getting cleared, so what.

In both these cases. A group/raid wide damage meter is not needed.

When there is only an individual damage meter:

In your group, the individual player will be more than happy to share his numbers with the group to recieve help. And the group will push harder to clear the content.

In my group, the individual players will take care of themselves (or even ask for assistance) and try again. If it looks like the content won't get cleared, the group dissipates and the individuals will try again with another group.

With group/raid wide damage meters:

In your group, not much changes. It only makes it slightly easier for others to help you.

In my group, everyone starts bitching about so and so not doing this and that right. While whoever is at top is bragging about his awesomeness and insulting everyone else. And then people either leave without even trying anymore, or people get pushed out.

I would really prefer the individual damage meters over the group/raid wide meter. Yes, it is slightly less convenient for your group, but it drastically increases the enjoyment for the other group.

As for the definition. The point I was trying to make is a word can have different meanings. "Game" is not always synonymous with "competitive".
    I went the casual route in SWTOR, although I was still server first Nightmare Clear. Before we got to that point though, we were missing several DPS checks / berserk timers. Notably the last boss of the Hutt operation, and the Puzzle boss where you had to walk the boss down the ramp and light him on fire after a mini puzzle-circuitry game was completed up top.

SWTOR did not have a DPS meter. I don't know if it does now, but at least back then it didn't. It really, really, really needed it. There was no way for us to know who was doing bad damage. There was no way for us to know who needed to "play better". All you can do is take everyone's word that they aren't the ones playing like a potato.

It was the most terrible raiding experience I'd ever been through. We progressed despite the best efforts of some people doing their best to play the game as poor as they possibly could.

I don't disagree with a "personal meter" being on the UI, but strongly prefer everyone be able to see on a whim who is sucking dirt up off the floor and picking grass in the outfield.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    those were... hmmm.... i guess technically skyrim but not really skyrim >.> that's the starting area island for the ebonheart pact

still had nordic burial crypt

DOVAHKIIN DOVAHKIIIN!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Balte View Post
    The Argonian racials are so bad, they need a complete redo.

TBH, a lot of the racials are just strange and feel out of place.
    Agreed, I think they can do with a re-work.
    Start trying to work out who deserves what, and before long you’ll spend the rest of your days weeping for each and every person in the world.

Living breathing Tamriel ladies and gentleman.

Deleted
    I think that depending on race popularity that they might rework or nerf/boost racials after the release. During beta you can't really say which race will be more popular or which will not be popular. If in the end 70% of the tanks are imperial and just 0,1% of the playerbase is Argonian then they will definitely change something.

still had nordic burial crypt

DOVAHKIIN DOVAHKIIIN!
    Your last posts really made my night :P

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by c0da View Post
    Living breathing Tamriel ladies and gentleman.
    Yeah, this is Elder Scrolls alright.

10+ Year Old Account
    random naked people in a major settlement? Um sooo like anytime you're bored in skyrim or Oblivion?

Are the guards like Skyrim annoying or Oblivion overly zealous...

*accidently take cup in oblivion*

STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!

*skyrim*
    no lollygaggin

Deleted
    any mmoc guilds? or any guilds here recruiting pre launch?

10+ Year Old Account
    I should make a guild called Imperial Guard

and the only rule is to yell out STOP RIGHT THERE, CRIMINAL SCUM!