Quote Originally Posted by Bladeface View Post
    Why wouldn't you be able to send mail to alts? that makes no sense from a gameplay standpoint
    *shrug* I know the bank is shared across your account and mail wasn't registered as coming from my character but from my account.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    You can't mail to your alts, because mail is account-wide in this game. However you can put in your bank, it is account-wide as well.

There's a shrine in the 20-30 maps that you can use to reset. It resets all your skill points and your attribute stat points as well. But every reset becomes increasingly expensive. And gold is quite a high commodity in this game.
    Its 2 different shrines: one resets your stat points (sta/mag/hp) and the other resets the skill points.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    edit: I heard of a respecc altar being present in certain regions. I'd assume that it would reset skill points at the very least rather than resource stats.

however, I heard it resets skill points and magicka/stamina/health point spent. haven't heard of any restrictions or costs yet.
    Yes, their are respec shrines for both skill points and attribute points. You weekend testers weren't able to access them because they are found in the level 17 zones which you guy were not allowed into in the last few beta tests.

Quote Originally Posted by Malbabo View Post
    Its 2 different shrines: one resets your stat points (sta/mag/hp) and the other resets the skill points.
    Thanks for the correction, meant to say shrines

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mickybrighteyes View Post
    *shrug* I know the bank is shared across your account and mail wasn't registered as coming from my character but from my account.
    You use to be able to send mail to your alts, but ZOS disabled this because people were abusing the system and were using the mailing system as an "inventory system." People would basically just send their alts crafting materials and just keep it in the mail until they needed use for it.

since the mail is simply accessed effectively from your character sheet (basically), that was the eventual outcome.

10+ Year Old Account
    Time for another round. http://i.imgur.com/T61a1qa.png
    It's pronounced "Dur-av-ian."

Quote Originally Posted by Duravian View Post
    Time for another round.
    Should have put DAoC in there instead, and I would have agreed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharuko View Post
    Should have put DAoC in there instead, and I would have agreed.
    While it is for humor, I would admit that GW2's wvw map was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the Cyrodiil map.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing I love most about this game besides the crafting which is the reason I am actually buying imperial edition, is healing. I've always wanted to try healing but I dont have good enough micromanagement on wow to do that but the healing in ESO is amazing I love it
    My channel: Shirgadirth I used to do let's play's but now I do reviews, but not very often. Far too busy from school. Also too poor to buy games :P

Quote Originally Posted by SirRobin View Post
    While it is for humor, I would admit that GW2's wvw map was the first thing that came to my mind when I saw the Cyrodiil map.
    Unfortunately, GW2's maps are broken up into 4 separate smaller maps instead of one big frontier like DAoC.

If GW2 didn't cut the WvW map into 4 little pieces (now it's 5?) and allowed only siege equipment to damage doors, it would have better WvW than ESO. The combat is certainly better in GW2. Alas the game is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by corebit View Post
    If GW2 didn't cut the WvW map into 4 little pieces (now it's 5?) and allowed only siege equipment to damage doors, it would have better WvW than ESO. The combat is certainly better in GW2. Alas the game is what it is.
    There are several other mistakes they made. One is the PPT system doesn't work in a 3-faction system it is just a bad mechanic. Second, it doesn't incentivize the losing factions from ganging up on the strongest it actually incentivizes the losing factions to fight each other. And it also encourages keep flipping instead of actual PvP.

If GW2 made all maps into one, and revamped how scoring worked it would have been better. However, I do think adding healing into the mix and adding a lot of choke points the help curb zergs also would have helped.

Oh and I forgot about relics and the importance of defending relic keeps is in DAoC and partly in ESO. Don't think that is even a thing in GW2 or wasn't for a while, someone can correct me if I am wrong.

- - - Updated - - -

Video of all the dances, save for Argonian, Bosmer and Redguard they all look lame to me. Argonian male by far is the best.
    Last edited by Sharuko; 2014-02-19 at 06:23 AM.

those dances are pretty bad for a brand new game coming out... but then again Im here to play the game not dance in a major city

I find the animations rather stiff and awkward. It really shows in the dances. Somehow the blending of one movement to another is not there or not done well. Compare that to something like wildstar and it really stands out.

It's why I prefer to play in first person in ESO as well, so I don't have to see the animations, at least on my character.

Deleted
    Oh and I forgot about relics and the importance of defending relic keeps is in DAoC and partly in ESO. Don't think that is even a thing in GW2 or wasn't for a while, someone can correct me if I am wrong.
    GW2 has relics and special keeps that need to be conquered, so their bonus becomes effective. Those relics also have to be transported by the players, etc. The usual thing.

15+ Year Old Account
    I prefer those dances over anything related to pop culture. Sure they could of done better, but with /flute /drum and all the other amazing emotes, /dance would be one of the least used, regardless. Waiting on someone in your group to un-afk? Start up the good ol band.

Video of all the dances, save for Argonian, Bosmer and Redguard they all look lame to me. Argonian male by far is the best.
    I think they were trying for lore-friendly dances instead of real world ones like we see in WoW, but yeah they look terrible.

Most of them have pretty much the same dances just with a bit of variation.
    Last edited by corebit; 2014-02-19 at 06:53 AM.

Now that raises the question, what is a lore-friendly dance in a made up world?

Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Now that raises the question, what is a lore-friendly dance in a made up world?
    I can totally see a Khajiit twerking.