Has anyone ordered from here ? Do you recieve 2 keys? 1 for early access and then another when game officially launches?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    Has anyone ordered from here ? Do you recieve 2 keys? 1 for early access and then another when game officially launches?
    I haven't ordered from there specifically but the red bolded part of the description very specifically states you receive 2 keys - this is also how other digital retailers like GMG are handling it. You get your pre-order key immediately and then you will get the actual retail key around launch day when Zenimax sends them out to the retailers.

Thanks, just never had pre ordered and so never heard of this 2 key thing.
    Last edited by funyroger; 2014-03-16 at 03:09 PM. Reason: Grammer

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    Yeah. It's speculated to be due to the phasing when the servers are heavily loaded. Which is something that isn't tested on the PTS (not enough people for it to start bugging out). I'm guessing it's something that won't be fixed till after release. Enough people bitching about it then should get them to fix it.
    It already was an apparent problem in the earlier weekend versions. It was the single most thing I was looking forward to see if they fixed it, and they didn't, not a bit. This has me worried. It leaves a REALLY bad first impression if it happens on retail.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by funyroger View Post
    Thanks, just never had pre ordered and so never heard of this 2 key thing.
    Just bear in mind it's only a 3 day headstart key from that site, if you were buying the imperial edition (from anywhere), or the normal edition directly from Zenimax, it would be a 5 day headstart key.

Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    Just bear in mind it's only a 3 day headstart key from that site, if you were buying the imperial edition (from anywhere), or the normal edition directly from Zenimax, it would be a 5 day headstart key.
    Oh didnt know that, but 13 euros cheaper for missing out only 2 days is fine for me

Deleted
    has anyone managed to solo Chief Koth in tooth maul gully? im having no luck with that at all. im a level 9 night blade with a bow, and he just 2 hits me

been trying to find someone else to help, but so far no one wants to D:

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    has anyone managed to solo Chief Koth in tooth maul gully? im having no luck with that at all. im a level 9 night blade with a bow, and he just 2 hits me

been trying to find someone else to help, but so far no one wants to D:
    What faction and where is that?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Greevir View Post
    What faction and where is that?

eh, the faction with the Khajits and in Auridon
    Last edited by mmocef2fdcc82b; 2014-03-16 at 04:49 PM.

I think what we are seeing is what we get. This is one of the more recent PTS builds. People saying there are no issues in PTS ignore that this beta might have over 200k people playing on it at once, hell maybe as many as 500k.

What we are seeing now is more representative of the phasing/instancing and lag issues we will see at launch than a closed and private beta that may or may not have as many as 2-3k players on it at peak hours.

Sorry to be a downer, but I think a lot of the dismissive "dude its just beta" in /zone is really setting the game up for a let down. : (

Deleted
    the lag in cyrodil is crazy today on eu servers!

also, keep getting this weird bug, where i can't seem to do anything. i can move around and talk, but cant attack/use abilites. and another bug where i can't bring up options menu and then one where the sound keeps cutting out, apart from spell effects.

10+ Year Old Account
    By the way, if you didn't get into the beta weekend,
    here are several hours of the gameplay from the beginning as an Imperial Dragon-Knight for
    Daggerfall Covenant in 15 minute segments.

Probably going to eventually upload to about Episode #15 - Taking time though.
    I am currently on episode 10 with others uploading - uploading as I go.

See here: http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list...i0obudZvnONlG1

EDIT: I bought the game (not imperial as I only intend to play 1~2 months) on that g2a.com site that someone listed earlier today for like 33 euro or something.

Can anyone suggest a fun sorcerer build? Nothing I've tried so far is enjoyable. >_<

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Thats why I under level the content? Hmm maybe ill try to go back to the island, but not sure how. The game never told me. If they don't fix it, launch is going to be a DISASTER.
    Yes. I made a new EP character last night and I did see that there's a quest that leads you to the docks to someone who will take you to the starter island, but I skipped it to see what all was available at Davon's Watch. The result has been that most of my quests are orange and so far all the enemies I've run into are 2+ levels higher than me. I didn't really want to burn myself out on starting zones in the beta so I chose not to go back, but that is seeming like a mistake.

I don't know how it works for the other two factions. I've just seen a lot of confusion (over where to go to get there) and frustration (over being underleveled for quests) expressed in zone chat. The only real perk to starting in the capital is all the skillups you get from reading the books in the mage's guild. :P
    "We must now recognize that the greatest threat of freedom for us all is if we go back to eating ourselves out from within." - John Anderson

Deleted
    this is the first beta test with eu servers right? because were destroying them in cyrodil i think

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    Can anyone suggest a fun sorcerer build? Nothing I've tried so far is enjoyable. >_<

yeah i can't get into sorcerer either, i watched a video the other day though of a sorcerer dual wielding daggers, that looked pretty fun, but i got no idea what you would gear for or what abilities to take.

Yeah, many of the bugs with quests seem to be from not just the phasing system but a lack of a working scaling system. The game has open tagging, loot and quest objectives, but it doesn't seem to scale correctly for more players. Instead, it creates phases for more players, but then the quest spawns/triggers can't keep up.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by peggleftw View Post
    this is the first beta test with eu servers right? because were destroying them in cyrodil i think
    I don't think the EU datacenter is finished yet. I had an error on my launcher when I tried to select Europe - don't quote me, however. I seem to remember seeing it somewhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by theWocky View Post
    I don't think the EU datacenter is finished yet. I had an error on my launcher when I tried to select Europe - don't quote me, however. I seem to remember seeing it somewhere.

well i keep getting disconnected in Cyrodil, everytime i log back on i either get an error, or everyones just standing still and i can't do anything

The two capital cities, are there 2 now? Before the game put you in 1 of 3 starting zones based off your faction, but it seems to be 1 of 2 faction cities now. Is that correct?

Anyway, I enjoy the game, but there is a lack of direction at some points. I'm not sure I can get to movement. My left hand is already aching.

Quote Originally Posted by sergel02 View Post
    The two capital cities, are there 2 now? Before the game put you in 1 of 3 starting zones based off your faction, but it seems to be 1 of 2 faction cities now. Is that correct?

Anyway, I enjoy the game, but there is a lack of direction at some points. I'm not sure I can get to movement. My left hand is already aching.
    I remapped my controls. Just a pain it seems to need to be done for each character individually (didn't see an option to save/import a given scheme).

Also, in Cold Harbour, between now and the last beta weekend I played through it, the part where you get to choose a weapon -- am I missing something, or is the only option now a 1-handed sword instead of multiple weapon types ? Bit of a hassle not being able to start with the weapon type you wanted to build.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I just started up and grabbed magefury, familiar and daedric curse and rush in melee swinging (optional use of lightning form). Curse em, rush em, and when the curse is about to go off I hit em with the lightning (magefury) and watch some explosions go off.

I've just been viewing the classes as all melee with some different magical templates so far and it's been enjoyable all around. IF I make a sorc, they'll just be a melee minion master that shoots lightning.