Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account

Goals for next BWE

So, after most of us got a chance to take a wack at GW2 during the last event... and we subsequently made lists of things we liked and didn't like, I ask you my good companions of MMOC.... what are your goals for the next BWE?

Mine, for example, are either to focus on 1-2 classes and only play them OR to try out the other classes that I did not get a chance to try out (I haven't quite decided!). If I do just focus on 1-2 classes, it will most likely be Guardian and Thief. My other goal, regardless of class selection, will be to try out PvP this time around. During the last event I did not partake in the PvP of GW2 -- but I heard awesome things about it and defiantly need to get around to trying it out.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

I'm hoping they increase the level of each bwe. Maybe have the next one being 20-40 or so so we can try out a dungeon and some higher zones? I'm assuming they are going to want us to bwe test most (all) levels for them before release, so increasing the level range would be a good indicator of when we can expect release and how done they think they are.

Mostly all PVP this next one. I was all PVE last weekend. I'll also try some of the professions I didn't get chance to try out last time.

Experience the Shadow Behemoth.

Do some crafting.

Play a ton of WvW.

I leveled a character from 1-25 so I experienced almost all of the lvling content available in the BWE. I missed the lvl 12-15 areas in the Charr and Human zones and that's pretty much it. Which is pretty much what I wanted to do. I won't have to rush as much in the next BWE and I can do things at a slower pace.

Deleted
    Well, I understood it as there would be no event in may? So june is best case scenario?
    Summertime, hopefully lots of work. So I hope many people world pvp and notice improvements on performance there. They could also have asura available so I can read what people think about their stories. Also if blue and red in structured pvp is gone =) I'm not a tester myself, so I just read and keep up with info and opinions

They never said there wouldn't be an event this month, but they haven't said there will be either.

Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, I understood it as there would be no event in may?
    Where did you get that idea from?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Doozerjun View Post
    Where did you get that idea from?
    People on this forum, for better or worse

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tea View Post
    Well, I understood it as there would be no event in may? So june is best case scenario?
    I doubt this is the case. From their FB page-

We know you're all eager for Beta Weekend Event 2! We're excited too, so while we wait (and no, we don't have a date yet, sorry), we'd love to hear about your favorite, most exciting moment from Beta Weekend Event 1. ~RB2
    I figure the next BWE will be soon, but not soon enough. :P

Also, my goals will be to get past the 10-15 area for once, and pick one solid character to play on.

Deleted
    Find bugs. Report them. Be happy when they're squashed.

Also, try two to three new professions. Strong candidates are thief, warrior, and guardian.

Get to level 25 and do Ascalon Catacombs

Quote Originally Posted by nighties View Post
    Get to level 25 and do Ascalon Catacombs
    Starts at 30 I thought? If it started at 25 and was open I could have done it last BWE

Quote Originally Posted by grandpab View Post
    Experience the Shadow Behemoth.

Do some crafting.

Play a ton of WvW.
    Exactly this, actually. Maybe roll different professions. Some of the medium armro ones. I didn't mess around with them at all and i wish i did.

10+ Year Old Account
    Unless there are significant changes I probably won't even play and just wait for release. Beta just makes me too excited.

Deleted
    a lot crafting this time

Deleted
    I really don't want to level too much to spoil the game for release, but i'll mostly be testing out professions I haven't tested yet. Mesmer, Engineer, Warrior mostly. Also, i'm slightly curious, and this is not meant to be insulting in any way so don't get all angry; why have I seen numerous people level all the way from 1 to nearly 30, or sometimes 30? Doesn't that spoil the experience for you on release? Just curious, because it would for me.

15+ Year Old Account
    Focus on leveling 1-2 classes. Do crafting, WvWvW and PvP for atleast couple of hours.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i've said i'd like to have one of those bad dragon dildos shaped like a horse, because the shape is nicer than human.
    Quote Originally Posted by derpkitteh View Post
    i was talking about horse cock again, told him to look at your sig.

Quote Originally Posted by Adoris View Post
    Exactly this, actually. Maybe roll different professions. Some of the medium armro ones. I didn't mess around with them at all and i wish i did.
    Definitely gonna play some professions I haven't tried yet. I want to try either ranger, warrior, mesmer, or thief. I got some decent playtime with necro and guardian, and I'm least interested in engi and elem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I might want to see how far I can level my Guardian in PvE, but I just wildly prefer PvP in this game. Still need to put some thought into that.
    I also want to do some structured PvP with a group of guildies, to see how much strategy affects the game.
    Lastly, I want to take a profession (not Guardian) and play it as supportive as I can, so people will stop saying that the Guardian is the support profession.
    Resurrected Holy Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    My Goal is to just play more.

The Weather last BWE was too good. I just had to go Outside and enjoy it. ^^