Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    By and large you're not talking at all about the same developers/artists/programmers. The development team isn't just a pool of people, all with the exact same skill sets. That's too big an assumption on your part with regard to what could've been created in the absence of pet battles, not to mention whether or not the payoff would actually be better if development resources were dedicated to other projects.
    I love how Blizz spins that and make it sound like if they didn't make a pet battle system they would have a dev team sitting doing nothing because there is nothing else they can do. Sort of a weak answer to, what I see as, valid feedback.

I think many players wonder why a ripoff mini game get so much work when they feel that other core aspects of the game is falling behind and the devs often repsond that they don't got the time to do cool stuff like class quest or sometimes even basic content.

/shrug

Quote Originally Posted by evilgnomey View Post
    too those who think pet battles won't be big, you have no idea how addictive this type of game can be and i suggest you give pokemon a try :P also whenever I'm on the beta pretty much everyone wants to know about pet battles and if they are available yet etc.
    This is the funny part.. why do you think as soon as it was announced there were like a million posts saying ´omg, they are stealing pokemon´.. it is because pokemon is huge and addicting.

I think people are severely underestimating how many people will be playing this constantly. I also see this developing into something that demolishes the current ´arena´ system as far as special events and pay-to-participate tournaments.

I can't wait till those pet battles are there. Battling guildy's while waiting on the raid to start instead of just standing and doing nothing. I hope it's also possible to battle while in a queue for bg or random hc . The less time we spent on waiting the better. Also what a stupid comment that it's a waste of time to develop them. Some play heroic raids others never see them, some play rated bg's or arena, others never enter stuff like that. That's why there is diversity so everyone can play what they want. If you don't like petbattles then just do what you like instead. But don't complaint that they made something for other players, I'm sure they made stuff for you that others never use.

The background changes make me VERY happy. I've long complained about the ambient lighting for some of the races; particularly night elf, draenei, and forsaken.

Quote Originally Posted by reve View Post
    I can't help but agree with the pet battle thing... I can see most people actually trying it a few times, achievement collectors will do the achievements (but then again they would do anything for them) and after that the battles will be used by something like .0001% of the players.

And don't feed me that you have different developers for this and that, those people certainly don't have "pet battle specialization", they COULD have been working on models, pvp balance or whatever you can think of.
    You honestly think the people that implement new mechanics to the game are the same people that balance and make models? Please tell me you're trolling.

This new 5-man dungeon looks amazing. Great mix of being indoor and outdoor

Deleted
    Why does Blizzard chose to respond to such hostile comments?

It just laves a sour taste. People can hate MoP as much as they want. But Blizzard should refrain from giving them further exposure.

Quote Originally Posted by Crowe View Post
    Why does Blizzard chose to respond to such hostile comments?

It just laves a sour taste. People can hate MoP as much as they want. But Blizzard should refrain from giving them further exposure.
    blizzard thinks the "critics" just want what's best for the game, I just think they are complaining because they personally dislike it.

10+ Year Old Account

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by Exoticazz View Post
    I can't wait till those pet battles are there. Battling guildy's while waiting on the raid to start instead of just standing and doing nothing. I hope it's also possible to battle while in a queue for bg or random hc . The less time we spent on waiting the better. Also what a stupid comment that it's a waste of time to develop them. Some play heroic raids others never see them, some play rated bg's or arena, others never enter stuff like that. That's why there is diversity so everyone can play what they want. If you don't like petbattles then just do what you like instead. But don't complaint that they made something for other players, I'm sure they made stuff for you that others never use.
    Well said.

if you want something to do while waiting for raids you can be social.....if you like pokemon so much you can even get a game dedicated to it. instead you are embracing their complete plagarism of pokemon that has been watered down. time wasted yet again from developers with no creativity. they redid all of 1-60 that wasn't necessary, just so there was nothing to do endgame and features were taken out that they advertised

15+ Year Old Account
    WoW's in-game music is far from terrible. Personally I find it damn near amazing. Everything in vanilla to WotLK was top notch.

Blizzard does what Nintendon't.

Deleted
    That dungeon must be for with bugs ;D

Looking at the hive part..
    If I hear "We are harbinger.. This hurts you." I'll freakin piss myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jeremynative View Post
    if you want something to do while waiting for raids you can be social.....if you like pokemon so much you can even get a game dedicated to it. instead you are embracing their complete plagarism of pokemon that has been watered down. time wasted yet again from developers with no creativity. they redid all of 1-60 that wasn't necessary, just so there was nothing to do endgame and features were taken out that they advertised
    so no other game can have any sort of pet battling? what if i make a game where the people of that world battle pets for sport? you can't say that because pokemon did it first (which i'm not even sure it did) that no other game can do it.

this just in:

call of duty servers shutdown and games recalled for copying doom and duke nukem 3d.
    all tennis games recalled for copying pong.
    all RTS games recalled and servers shutdown for copying Utopia (a 1982 intellevision game).

come on now... it's just a feature for crying out loud.

Quote Originally Posted by RichardRoe View Post
    I love how Blizz spins that and make it sound like if they didn't make a pet battle system they would have a dev team sitting doing nothing because there is nothing else they can do. Sort of a weak answer to, what I see as, valid feedback.

I think many players wonder why a ripoff mini game get so much work when they feel that other core aspects of the game is falling behind and the devs often repsond that they don't got the time to do cool stuff like class quest or sometimes even basic content.

/shrug
    QFT

Blizzard deserves any and all crap they get for pet battles.
    Don't forget that they, a multi-billion dollar company, are the ones that started using "lack of resources" as an excuse to do or not do things.

edit: the complaint about the music, WTF, the music in WoW is very good that guy must have a tin ear.
    Last edited by Rolly; 2012-05-05 at 04:52 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    QFT
    edit: the complaint about the music, WTF, the music in WoW is very good that guy must have a tin ear.
    I turned off in-game music about 2 weeks after the game launched. When you're playing a game where you have to repeat the same tasks over and over, the last thing you want is to hear the same music looping over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over. I also rarely ever pay enough attention to hear the in-game music for any game, due to being too focused on, well, playing the game itself.

And I don't see why Blizzard is creating more work for themselves. If they really want to go ahead and kill Garrosh, every single quest outside of Outlands and Northrend needs to be redone to remove Garrosh. This includes the Troll starting zone where Vol'jin has his little fit. No, it can't "happen in the past" because the current world is the present, it's not a separate area like Northrend or Outland. Unless every zone outside of Orgrimmar is now considered "exploring the past" or "taking place in the past".

Quote Originally Posted by Rolly View Post
    QFT

Blizzard deserves any and all crap they get for pet battles.
    Don't forget that they, a multi-billion dollar company, are the ones that started using "lack of resources" as an excuse to do or not do things.

because they couldn't hire anyone else with their vast wealth to work on this small little system? and resources could mean anything from actual employees to tech equipment.

Pet collectors will be the only WoW players mutually interested in this.
    We'll see. That's a bold claim.
    Yep im a raider through and through (some pvp now and then, though normally not on my main) and im pretty damn interested in pet battles.
    Im also the person who levels in a day so he can get to end game as quick as possible.

When will people understand that even if your only interested in one part of the game its always good when it feels like there's more that you could do if you chose to.
    For me i will probably only do pet battles while waiting for my raid group to get set up or in between that lfg/r group but that's better then just going afk in my opinion.

---------- Post added 2012-05-05 at 01:09 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainArlong View Post
    If they really want to go ahead and kill Garrosh, every single quest outside of Outlands and Northrend needs to be redone to remove Garrosh. This includes the Troll starting zone where Vol'jin has his little fit. No, it can't "happen in the past" because the current world is the present, it's not a separate area like Northrend or Outland. Unless every zone outside of Orgrimmar is now considered "exploring the past" or "taking place in the past".
    It is exploring the past yes, when we went into the cataclysm a year in game had passed since the lich king died same happened for the other xpacs (More or less) and the same will happen for MoP.
    You may see a few changes here an there in quests but for the most part all that stuff is in the past in game.

It's a little weird for new people but in my mind i remember what happened already in azaroth so going into tbc from cataclysm seems fine to me.
    Like i said a few tweaks here and there will happen but with the massive amount of time it took to redo azeroth i wouldn't expect a redo of the other continents any time soon.

Whats in cataclysm is past in MoP but i am curios as to what they do about this stuff in the next xpac.
    Last edited by Bahska; 2012-05-05 at 05:45 PM.

Pandarens shouldn't be Rogues. If you had a choice as a Pandaren between being a Monk, or a Rogue you should always choose being a Monk.