Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Cool Gangham style has 2 BILLION Views???

Well Shit
    Australian Oceanic Multi Class Veteran of the Burning Crusade Wars!
    Twitter: @Romiretv
    Youtube: RomireTv
    Twitchy: My Twitch

10+ Year Old Account
    You seem shocked.

Not sure why.
    Walking with a friend in the dark is better than walking alone in the light.
    So I chose the path of the Ebon Blade, and not a day passes where i've regretted it.
    I am eternal, I am unyielding, I am UNDYING.
    I am Zethras, and my blood will be the end of you.

10+ Year Old Account
    To be fair, at least 100 of those were me playing it on repeat to irritate the spouse.
    intermittent unavailability
    please PM another global for urgent concerns

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, surprised me a bit that it was still going. I get that it's a catchy song and all but... Surely people are getting tired of it by now.
    "In life, I was raised to hate the undead. Trained to destroy them. When I became Forsaken, I hated myself most of all. But now I see it is the Alliance that fosters this malice. The human kingdoms shun their former brothers and sisters because we remind them what's lurking beneath the facade of flesh. It's time to end their cycle of hatred. The Alliance deserves to fall." - Lilian Voss

Quote Originally Posted by Tziva View Post
    To be fair, at least 100 of those were me playing it on repeat to irritate the spouse.
    Another 400 million are probably from PSY themselves having the video on repeat since the minute it was filmed as though youtube views mean something.
    Last edited by openair; 2014-06-04 at 09:45 PM.

I absolutely cannot fathom its popularity; I watch the GSL, so I saw it before it became mainstream, and from the beginning I thought it was ridiculous. The only part that appealed to me were the Korean babes, but they are in pretty much every KPop video. Why is a song that basically nobody in the US or EU can understand the majority of the words to popular?

10+ Year Old Account
    I have no idea what KSY or GSL are.

I know what YouTube is, and I know how to play catchy songs to embed them in people's brains for my personal amusement.

| twitch | bsky
    |

Lol. All of his videos have hundreds of millions of views. I wonder if YouTube had to come up with alternate compensation schemes for someone with (what I believe to be) artificially inflated views.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've also drunkenly played it several dozen times to annoy the boyfriend. There may or may not have been "dancing" around the house as well.

Point being people watch stupid/annoying videos far more then quality ones. It's hilarious

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
    Lol. All of his videos have hundreds of millions of views. I wonder if YouTube had to come up with alternate compensation schemes for someone with (what I believe to be) artificially inflated views.
    Not all views are created equal, so yes, some types of views don't pay very much or don't pay at all. Depends on a number of factors.

I would be surprised though if the views were artificially inflated any more than any other high-view video (in the sense that I'm sure they all have it to a minor degree). The song went viral with probably more success than any other youtube song, and it's not crazy to think that at least some of those viewers clicked through to see other videos on the channel.

There are certainly some videos that make me WTF the view count, but that's not really one of them given the circumstances.

| twitch | bsky
    |

OK first of all good on them! lol, that's amazing!

Now, I was on a overnight in Grand Rapids and went out to the bar and grill with my crew. They were having karaoke night. There was a Korean couple in there who was going home the following morning. They wanted to go out and have fun and they love karaoke. They sand a couple of songs then the man did a solo. When he was done and walking to sit down the DJ played Ganham Style. Everyone started cracking up...including the couple...they were laughing more than anyone. Oh fun times...good night.

Shit, I had a lot to drink that night.
    Get a grip man! It's CHEESE!

10+ Year Old Account
    I love it, it's popular it appeals to people. Annoying but grabs attention. I remember when it first came out sending it to friends like look what I found and their jaws dropped, and then it became popular. Me and an old guildmate learnt little lines from it to annoy the guild. Then heard it so many times in clubs that I could still recite probably the entire thing, although it's not something I'd ever do infront of anyone.

- - - Updated - - -

I have no idea what KSY or GSL are.

I know what YouTube is, and I know how to play catchy songs to embed them in people's brains for my personal amusement.
    I don't know what KSY is but the GSL is the Global Starcraft League which is the big korean starcraft tournament running several times a year. It is without a doubt the hardest league by a mile, the best players in the world and the best plays happen. Most competition by a mile. Last year when there were season finals and the winners of EU/AM/KR would have another mini tournament, basically whoever was invited from the top of the GSL was also the top of the season finals, with very few exceptions.
    http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...nicus/advanced
    Quote Originally Posted by goblinpaladin View Post
    Also a vegetable is a person.
    Quote Originally Posted by Orlong View Post
    I dont care if they [gays] are allowed to donate [blood], but I think we should have an option to refuse gay blood if we need to receive blood.

And to think only about 1/3 off the planet has acces to internet...Having a SINGLE video on a granted 1# video site to have 2 billion views...Thats quit sick.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

10+ Year Old Account
    2 billion views is not the same as 2 billion people having watched it.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am guilty of at least 5 of those.

Deleted
    Hmm, that was quicker than expected. I wonder if it will fall off now. It was some times since I watched it now and it feels leke most people are done with the song

Quote Originally Posted by Itisamuh View Post
    Why is a song that basically nobody in the US or EU can understand the majority of the words to popular?
    Because funny noises yaaay!

Seriously - funny noises sell to stupid people. Turn on the horrible tv at prime time and just... listen. It's the reason this guy has a job.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

10+ Year Old Account

And people still don't know who Hyuna is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    And people still don't know who Hyuna is.
    I don't think people actually care about her enough ;b