Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Olafski View Post
    Well, that's just silly.

If I were to compare two jars of peanut butter, one costs $5 and the other costs $8 comes with a free fish that would otherwise cost $4. Knowing that I hate fish and will just throw it out, will that make the second one a better value?

I'd say value is in the eye of the beholder, e.g. the one buying it. If they value that Gold subscription it might be worth it, but if you're not going to use it you're just spending more on something you can get cheaper.

Not to mention this deal is for a 4GB Xbox 360. You don't need a lot of space but 4GB is pushing it in my opinion. And finally it's a cleverly disguised "loan", which you probably shouldn't take for consumer electronics anyway
    True, good point. If you're not interested in a gold subscription then it's definitely not a good deal. But if you are, then it's a bit better, but still more expensive then just buying the console in one lump sum. The comparison you made was kinda funny, but a good one at that. I'd not thought of it that way

Deleted
    Well, I do love peanut butter ;-)

So in conclusion, yes you should buy a 360

10+ Year Old Account
    Its all really a matter of what games you want to play and what system you want to play them on. You really want to play a game thats only on the 360 or a game that is on both the 360 and PS3 but you want to play it on the 360 more then get a 360. If the controls are easier for you on the PS3 then stick with the PS3.