Poll: Would you still play Guild Wars 2 if it was Pay to play?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 19
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

IF Guild Wars 2 was P2P (Monthly subscription) would you still play?

Just a tad curious, Would you still play if Guild Wars 2 was a monthly subscription game like WoW?

I don't think i would, Unless if got really good reviews and ratings 1 month after release.

Deleted
    I think I would.

I used to pay for WoW up until a few months ago. I was okay with that, as I enjoyed myself when I played.

GW2 looks to do everything WoW does, but better. Hence, I reckon I'd be okay with paying a sub fee for it too. Just bonus that I dont have to.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by cpy View Post
    nope.avi .
    I was just adding in a poll. You replied to quickly! :P

10+ Year Old Account
    Probably by the looks of it, but I wouldn't have pre-purchased it though. I would've waited till the reviews were up, or till I got feedback from friends.

Yes haven't looked forward this much to a game in a long time, so it's payment model wouldn't really be an issue as long as it was affordable.

Deleted
    No, my personal thoughts on this game is that it will be a purely pvp game for me. Therefore i will play it seldom where I have nothing else to do. The 1 time fee is what makes it special in my mind, if I don't have the money to pay for WoW one month or i am trying to limit myself (such as now until MoP is released) i have another good MMO to play in the mean time and not have to worry about a sub fee.

15+ Year Old Account
    Since you almost always get a free month with MMOs I would still buy it and decide if it's worth the money after my free month was up.

I would not.
    Why am I back here, I don't even play these games anymore

The problem with the internet is parallel to its greatest achievement: it has given the little man an outlet where he can be heard. Most of the time however, the little man is a little man because he is not worth hearing.

It may be because all the games that I have played that have vertical gear progression had sub fees, but that's just what I associate sub fees with.
    As GW2 doesn't have it, it would just feel.....well, weird.
    Would it stop me playing? No, probably not...at least for like 6 months or so or until I run out of things to do. If I ever do.

But yh, it just doesn't seem to fit with the design for me.

i might pay for 3months and do intense gaming then quit.
    it seems without raiding subscription wouldnt be good choice

I have always felt that the design of the game is more in line with MOBA and FPS games where you can log in whenever you want and play as much as you want without having to worry about stuff like your gear being outdated. You play the game because you find it fun and you can put down the game whenever its not fun.
    P2P games kinda removes the feature of play when you feel like it to me.

No, but that's only because I don't think I'll pay a subscription for another game again. I don't like the feeling of thinking "Ugh, I haven't had time to play in a few weeks, there's $15 down the drain". I'm sure I would play for a month or two, but forcing myself to play just to get my monies worth would shorten the enjoyment I get.

Deleted
    Yes; however, I would cancel all my other subscriptions and probably cut back on buying single player games for a good couple of months at least to make up for it.

I'm glad I don't have to do that.

Herald of the Titans theredviola's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    That's one of the biggest factors for me to play GW2, so I would have to say no. What I might do is try one of their "free weekends" or demo, or what ever, after release and decide at that point. But chances are that I wouldn't be playing GW2 if it had a sub.
    "Do not only practice your art, but force yourself into its secrets, for it and knowledge can raise men to the divine." -- Ludwig Van Beethoven

If it will be a game worth playing, yes. If it's not, no.

B2P and P2P are not very different in my eyes, I have enough disposable income to pay premium for a product I enjoy. I am quite anal about not paying for a product I do not enjoy however.

I havent had the chance to play one second of the game yet, so i really cant answer that.
    When Injustice becomes law, Rebellion becomes duty.

Sorry GW2 i love you but my sub money goes to WoW only.

10+ Year Old Account
    I would have to wait to see if it was worth it, option 3.

I've done that with all other MMOs that have a sub fee. Since GW2 doesn't, I don't feel bad poping on the purchase because I don't have to pay any more than the box price to enjoy it.

In short; if it was good and had a sub fee, I'd buy it after launch. Since it doesn't, I pre-purchased.
    "Questions are for those seeking answers. Those who have answers are those who have asked questions." -Mike R. (Malthurius)

Deleted
    No. But not because I don't think GW2 is worth it, I've also unsubbed from WoW. I'm sick and tired of P2P. It's something that was necessary a long time ago perhaps, but nowadays it is just greed IMO.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ghostrider View Post
    No. But not because I don't think GW2 is worth it, I've also unsubbed from WoW. I'm sick and tired of P2P. It's something that was necessary a long time ago perhaps, but nowadays it is just greed IMO.
    You're saying that in-game shops, that put some players above others in all forms are better?
    I like P2P format, because you get the chance to be equal with everyone. And you wont miss anything. So yeah, if GW2 was P2P, I would even have more reasons to play it.