Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Do you think we will get hellfire and shadow flame back?

Like the title implies on the beta it seems they have taken out hellfire and shadow flame, immolation aura is triggered by RoF in meta and carrion swarm is still in with shadow flame still in the tooltip though carrion swarm leaves no dots on the targets

Armory^

Deleted
    Hellfire is most def not coming back since the baked Immolation Aura and Hellfire together. Shadow Flame is still in as Breath of Gul'dan last time I checked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Both are gone, Hellfire may return as a Glyph but I don't think we'll see Shadowflame again, they're trying to withdraw Demo from melee.

Quote Originally Posted by Jessicka View Post
    Both are gone, Hellfire may return as a Glyph but I don't think we'll see Shadowflame again, they're trying to withdraw Demo from melee.

So why they gave us Demonic Slash? If their intention is to remove us from melee.

Immolation Aura it's still a melee spell.

PS: Blizzard broke us in Cataclysm, inventions and failures that only harmed us.
    Last edited by David Cavalheiro; 2012-05-03 at 11:11 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    So why they gave us Demonic Slash? If their intention is to remove us from melee.
    But Demonic Slash is a 40y spell

10+ Year Old Account
    This gets tiresome...

Source
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    You aren’t intended to be a melee caster in Meta. Things like Demonic Leap, Carrion Swarm and Immolation Aura are more situational and fun toys than core rotational spells you need on a challenging raid boss. We did experiment with Demo spending more time in melee earlier on, but we have backed off of that for some of the reasons you guys mention.

It could be interesting though if we had some spell to use when we're being struck in melee to defend us somehow.

I still think Hellfire and Shadowflame are both awesome spells and we could keep them somehow.

Source
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    You aren’t intended to be a melee caster in Meta. Things like Demonic Leap, Carrion Swarm and Immolation Aura are more situational and fun toys than core rotational spells you need on a challenging raid boss. We did experiment with Demo spending more time in melee earlier on, but we have backed off of that for some of the reasons you guys mention.
    Noted, I read this but Immolation Aura will be only a funny toy than a core rotation spell?...

If Immolation Aura will still do some minor dps. I will continue to use it so if Blizzard does not want this to be part of our rotation is good they have some idea.

Quote Originally Posted by David Cavalheiro View Post
    If Immolation Aura will still do some minor dps. I will continue to use it so if Blizzard does not want this to be part of our rotation is good they have some idea.
    It will cost Demonic Power, using it for "minor DPS" will lose you DPS as you exit Meta faster.
    It'll be an AOE tool but not for single target.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakile View Post
    Like the title implies on the beta it seems they have taken out hellfire and shadow flame, immolation aura is triggered by RoF in meta and carrion swarm is still in with shadow flame still in the tooltip though carrion swarm leaves no dots on the targets
    I agree with taking out the melee, but Touch of Chaos needs to be baseline ranged for Metamorphosis especially since it refreshes corruption, which generates fury. Otherwise, you gain by being in melee range.

I don't agree with requiring wands for a ranged corruption-refreshers, especially because at this current moment, our BiS is a staff.

10+ Year Old Account
    Just remove Touch of Chaos and have Demonic Slash or whatever else they give us to use in Meta automatically refresh/add 6s to the duration of Corruption.

Or even (as I suggested elsewhere) have those attacks put stacks of Shadow Embrace on the target and let us cast Corruption and HoG as normal. Meta then need only buff direct damage attacks, with SE adding the additional DoT damage.
    Last edited by Jessicka; 2012-05-03 at 03:48 PM.

I think I'd kinda like it if they balanced Demo around the idea that you're not supposed to maintain dots at all while in Meta, and made it a dps loss to try to do so.

I think it'd be fun to have two completely-different priority queues based on whether you're in caster or demon form.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

I hope those skills come back. I think melee demo was ultimately more tasty than being a common caster with a transformation. besides shadowflame looks so cool it's a real shame to lose it.

if they don't come back... well, than I hope fire mages lose dragon's breath lol

(yeah, if I can't spit fire than nobody else can )
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Unless I'm mistaken, Immolation Aura costs roughly 450 Demonic Fury... Yeah.. Only find it useful in Dark Apotheosis myself while levelling since DF isn't an issue then.

As for AoE, what is Demo expected to do? I understand that in AoE priority situations Immo Aura's cost may need to be paid, but what else will we do? Rain of Fire along with Felstorm?

Rain of Fire is no long channelled for any spec so I'd expect you'd use that
    Harvest Life also does very competitive AOE damage at the moment but I don't expect that to make it to live :P

Quote Originally Posted by Queen Ultima View Post
    Unless I'm mistaken, Immolation Aura costs roughly 450 Demonic Fury... Yeah.. Only find it useful in Dark Apotheosis myself while levelling since DF isn't an issue then.

As for AoE, what is Demo expected to do? I understand that in AoE priority situations Immo Aura's cost may need to be paid, but what else will we do? Rain of Fire along with Felstorm?
    rain of fire turns into immo aura in meta.

apparently for AoE we are supposed to... use immo aura, felstorm and hope for the best
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by checking facts View Post
    if they don't come back... well, than I hope fire mages lose dragon's breath lol

(yeah, if I can't spit fire than nobody else can )
    Shadowflame isn´t gone, it just got renamed into breath of guldan, you just won´t use it anymore in your rota

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    Rain of Fire is no long channelled for any spec so I'd expect you'd use that
    Harvest Life also does very competitive AOE damage at the moment but I don't expect that to make it to live :P
    Don´t know if its supposed to be that way, but demo needs to channel rain of fire atm, aslong as they made no stealth fix with the latest beta build

Quote Originally Posted by Count Zero View Post
    I think I'd kinda like it if they balanced Demo around the idea that you're not supposed to maintain dots at all while in Meta, and made it a dps loss to try to do so.

I think it'd be fun to have two completely-different priority queues based on whether you're in caster or demon form.
    The problem being its a dps gain to drop out of meta to refresh them and then back into it.
    Its clumsy at best.

Quote Originally Posted by ComputerNerd View Post
    The problem being its a dps gain to drop out of meta to refresh them and then back into it.
    Its clumsy at best.
    This could easily be addressed by having leaving Meta drain Fury, or having leaving Meta incur a cd on re-entering Meta. Or something. And re-tune Demonic Slash to compensate for having your dots fall off. Maybe instead of having ToC refresh Corruption, give it a chance to proc MC.

Just, I'm not sure what they're wanting -- but I have a hard time imagining they're actively shooting to have us stance dance.
    I am the one who knocks ... because I need your permission to enter.

Quote Originally Posted by Valyna View Post
    Shadowflame isn´t gone, it just got renamed into breath of guldan, you just won´t use it anymore in your rota
    I'm not on beta, but I can't find breath of gul'dan anywhere in the WoWhead talent calculator's list of spells (neither on demo spells, nor on class spells)...

so I guess they removed it...

I'm sad for this... if they wanted it not to be in our rotation they could have reworked it's mechanics to be more situational (a CC, for instance)...

anyway... am I the only one who thinks the name "breath of gul'dan" sounds sorta gross??/ O, O
    I want to have daughters... but if I end up having sons I'll raise them like this X3