Deleted

Shadowplay problems

playing Shadowplay atm, kinda plateauing rating at about 1900. r1 in my battlegroup is 2400, so I guess I should be reasonably happy as an amateur arena player (1800 in S1 as Warr/RDruid, 2K in s7 as Rogue/Feral/Disc) but I would like at least the 2k achievement on my Lock before MoP.

the comps we struggle with and seem to face constantly is triple DPS, KFC and red-headed bastard comp of Lock/Enhancement/RSHam. not going to bother asking for tips vs. RLS because unless they're 1500 heroes it's a guaranteed loss.

triple DPS and Lock/Enh/Rsham are hard counters so I know it will be tough, but I feel like we should be doing better versus KFC. any tips?

Hunters are very, very weak against DoTs.
    Warriors are somewhat strong against DoTs due to passive HoTs.

Abuse the hunter's weakness. Abuse his deadzone. Abuse LOS.

Another great tactic is to mind control the kill target when he has full DoT's on him and is roughly 50%. DoT's don't break mind control and his healer can't heal him. Do that, move him near you then Sw: D for the kill.
    this game sucks

Triple deeps should be fairly little problem, at least if they are tunneling enough to just train your healer (you're playing with a shaman I assume). It's pretty much your shadow priests game. He needs to keep your shaman out of trouble through heals, shields and gribs. As a lock you need to get the damage out there. If you're consistently losing to triple dps

KFC is about surviving cooldowns and keeping our healer out of CC. Just turtle, be gay, survive, mass dispel traps / grip scatters, coil/horror their cooldowns. Rolls dots on both warrior and hunter. After that you'll have a free kill on the hunter, or at times an overextending warrior.

Don't give up on RLS. Play aggresive. There are two overall strats against RLS as a dot cleave, while different, both equally effective. Yes RLS is a tough matchup, but I've beaten high RLS's as Shadowplay, Fireplay, Owlplay, Spicey Chicken and LSDv2. First off, your shaman should probably be shock specced if he already isn't. It's superior in the Warlock/Shaman/x world we live in atm (TR is a different story). You can train that shaman hard. A swap in the link (even at times without link) with arch angel onto the lock is always viable, so keep your eyes open. Keep fear the DPS'ers, he wont be able to tremor everything, and with enough pressure he wont be able to dispel much. Remember to UA fear. The alternative is pumping damage into the warlock and the rogue. You can kill rogues, they are not invincible. For this to work you need full fears on the shaman. Get tremor on cooldown, kill it, fear him, wait for DR and set him in a CC chain of doom with fears, horror/coil and silence,

Lastly, any Enhancement / Resto shaman combination is a right pain. Your kill target is mainly the enhancement shaman (most play without glyph of shamanistic rage due to warlocks).

Quote Originally Posted by Nigeldruid View Post
    Triple deeps should be fairly little problem, at least if they are tunneling enough to just train your healer (you're playing with a shaman I assume). It's pretty much your shadow priests game. He needs to keep your shaman out of trouble through heals, shields and gribs. As a lock you need to get the damage out there. If you're consistently losing to triple dps

A good triple dps shouldnt be losing to shadowplay, cc on the shadow priest so he cant offheal and tht sherman is eating dust. I dont doubt theres bad triple dps you could beat and you probably could win around this rating if you really sorted positioning and good cd usage but ultimately they should be eating sherman

KFC is about surviving cooldowns and keeping our healer out of CC. Just turtle, be gay, survive, mass dispel traps / grip scatters, coil/horror their cooldowns. Rolls dots on both warrior and hunter. After that you'll have a free kill on the hunter, or at times an overextending warrior.

Nail head. Im not sure ive ever lost to KFC as shadowplay, make sure to LOS hunter except when refreshing dots too, warrior is a perfectly valid kill target if you LOS hunter well. Mass dispelling traps with this comp is paramount to win as you cant leave sherman in trap

Don't give up on RLS. Play aggresive. There are two overall strats against RLS as a dot cleave, while different, both equally effective. Yes RLS is a tough matchup, but I've beaten high RLS's as Shadowplay, Fireplay, Owlplay, Spicey Chicken and LSDv2. First off, your shaman should probably be shock specced if he already isn't. It's superior in the Warlock/Shaman/x world we live in atm (TR is a different story). You can train that shaman hard. A swap in the link (even at times without link) with arch angel onto the lock is always viable, so keep your eyes open. Keep fear the DPS'ers, he wont be able to tremor everything, and with enough pressure he wont be able to dispel much. Remember to UA fear. The alternative is pumping damage into the warlock and the rogue. You can kill rogues, they are not invincible. For this to work you need full fears on the shaman. Get tremor on cooldown, kill it, fear him, wait for DR and set him in a CC chain of doom with fears, horror/coil and silence,

Also dont let the rogue catch you in a bad position, a soul swap bomb could force defensive cds far to quickly or even score kills, play tight and defensive while keeping dots rolling and be ready to swap TOGETHER onto something low.. from my experience RLS around this rating alot of the time has a hero i got legendaries rogue who likes to over extend.. abuse this. Many RLS's around this ratings are rerollers/alts too so dont be afraid to banish lock pet and go lock or keep dots rolling on lock pet and make the switch as lock goes lower and just as his pet dies

Lastly, any Enhancement / Resto shaman combination is a right pain. Your kill target is mainly the enhancement shaman (most play without glyph of shamanistic rage due to warlocks).

Horrible comp to play, play aggressive and smash the sherman in
    this post was the most constructive and i added my opinions/exp

10+ Year Old Account
    You should win against KFC. Go for the hunter, keep the dots rolling on warrior and paladin too. You can basically kill any of the 3, depending on which one is on a better spot. Get your priest mass dispeling traps and you will be fun. They will eventually cant handle the pressure from the dots.
    ~May the goat be with you~