Page 1 of 2
LastLast

How to make money with tailoring

Please tell me!

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bags and more bags!

"Northrend" Cloth Scavenging. Embersilk Cloth seems to sell higher than usual recently (Varied by server obviously) and is usually worth more than anything you make with it.

Deleted
    I've noticed most tailors need a LOT of frostweave to level past the northrend part. But rarely get enough. Farming FW cloth with your cloth scavenging ability can net you quite a bit of income (not sure if that counts as using your tailoring :P)

i can easily sell a stack of fw for 50g easy

apart from bags and maybe the leg enchants not sure what else tailors can make for decent gold

twink armour might sell but you really need to know which

Deleted
    Tailoring really ain't the best for gold making. Selling leg enchants after new content patches has been the only way I've ever been able to make a decent buck since TBC.

Depending on your server, you might be able to make some money selling pvp gear. Demand is down quite a bit on my server tho.

At the start of Mists, PvP gear will be in high demand as well as the new bags. Mid-end expansion it's usually just bags. Many players buy the Netherweave bags for their alts and then upgrade them if they need to.

You can also try posting in trade that you're selling cloth for First Aid. Players that like achievements will buy up cloth to make into bandages (500 some bandages) for the achievement. I've sold a few stacks to people just for that purpose.

Bags and pvp gear. That's all you should bother with really. Maybe leg enchants. Maybe.

Prices on clothes and volatiles are quite instable, it's very well possible to snatch a load of cloth and volatiles of the AH for a good price making it profitable to craft leg enchants, the odd epic, bags, the real question you might have to ask yourself, is it worth it to spend time to make bolts or just hold on to the very same goods and sell them when the price is higher again.

Troggs in nederslag rock. grinde cloth there, with a potion of tresure finding. you'll make from 80-100 bolt of embersilk cloth.
    Then make bags. good profit

Depending on your realm prices and your ability to farm
    - Netherweave bags
    - Frostweave cloth (just farm and sell)
    - Embersilk bags
    - Ghostly spell thread and abit less stamina spell threads

Fellcloth! makes mooncloth and you can make the mooncloth robe. This one is a white robe and personally ive sold a few for up to 700g with a bottom of 499g
    Obviously there is alot more unique recipes and I'm not going through them all.
    Try to get all the recipes with the following;
    White gear, Head pieces that aren't just cowls, gloves/pants/chest that show alot of skin, anything thats not comepletely hideous!

This only works on partially crowded servers and obviously you have to check the ah for other transmog gear if you want to extend your profit.
    You dont want peope to buy robe of the blabla for 33g while your special robe looks the same but is 120g (example)

Deleted
    legenchaaants

Deleted
    bags bags bags & more bags

To make the most out of tailoring you have to craft almost everything, and be prepared to list everything several times before they sell. I do this using two bank alts, one to buy and store raw materials, and the other to store and sell crafted items. It takes a bit of research to nail down what you need to pay for raw mats in order to keep you in steady supply without paying too much or buying too many, but once you've done that you can make some decent gold with tailoring; almost everything has 100% profit margin unlike enchanting and alchemy. It's usually a less-crowded market too. If you stick to just bags and pvp items, you will make gold but probably only about a third of what you could.
    Dragonslayer Hoddie - pretending to know what I'm doing!

10+ Year Old Account
    Vicious gear and Embersilk Bags. My 2 most profitable tailoring items. Buy your cloth from trade chat by making a macro but only use it 2 or 3 times a day. I had a guy sell me 80 stacks of Embersilk for 50g per stack. All I could see was dollar signs everywhere. I sold 15 bags for over 450g and 5 sets of vicious gear for over 500g a piece. Good luck!

It's server dependent, you have to look into it yourself. On my server it's PvP gear, bags are far from profitable and leg enchants break even, where as some vicious pieces double the money.

Quote Originally Posted by Combooticus View Post
    i can easily sell a stack of fw for 50g easy

apart from bags and maybe the leg enchants not sure what else tailors can make for decent gold

twink armour might sell but you really need to know which
    wow, here it's 100g+ a stack, easily.

and yeah, the only money to be made with tailoring is via bags
    i've been a grandmaster bag maker since the beginning of 2005 (end of 2004)

Wait till AoE looting and make bags. Easiest ones are Netherweave just run a few heroic/regular Hellfire instances a day and more cloth than you need. Frostweave is a bitch to farm which is probably why they go for 200g each.