Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    the way i see it is this: i intend to join a heavily focused pvp guild for competitive structured pvp
    but from my exp with GvG guilds in GW1 they never want to run stuff in pve

i personally cant do the exact same thing over and over and over again without driving myself insane. i cant do bouts of pvp for more than a few hours without jepodizing the lives of fellow human beings

with that in mind id want to also join a guild that did explorable mode dungeons, that way when im burnt out from pvp for the day i hop over and kill stuff

and if my gf decides she wants to play id be in her guild too so i can spend time with her

the solution? get rid of the indicator in the guild interface that says "shit, this guy's online but they are repping another guild" with that gone everything works out since even IF they have that rule you just hop over to another guild, you appear as "offline" and the only way they'll know is by physically seeing you in the world, which if you hop to another server decrease detection chances by a large factor

TL;DR: come next beta event we need to storm the anet forums asking them to get rid of the indicator in the guild interface showign someone is online but repping another guild, or give us an option to become invisible to that feature

(no im not trying to plug myself for guild advertisements, i just wanted to lay out the context)
    The Original Ganksta

Top 100 US daggers. yeah, you're jelly alright

Quote Originally Posted by Durzlla View Post
    then again i'm pretty sure you're smarter then the average dumbass

10+ Year Old Account
    Can other people actually see all of the guilds that you are in? GW2 allows you to log in as invisible so how would they even know if you're in another guild (unless you can see all the guilds a person belongs to. If that is the case you can just ignore this post).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by pacox View Post
    Can other people actually see all of the guilds that you are in? GW2 allows you to log in as invisible so how would they even know if you're in another guild (unless you can see all the guilds a person belongs to. If that is the case you can just ignore this post).
    If you're not signing in as "Invisible", your status icon will appear green (online) with a dash (-) across it to indicate that you're online, but currently not representing the guild. So they can tell you're "in" another guild at the moment, but they can't tell which ones you've joined through it.

10+ Year Old Account
    if you sign in as invisible you are invisible to all interfaces(guild, friends, and the like). the game does not discriminate and say "o you are invisible to this guild but not to this one..." the only way to interact with you would be local chat in the same zone as you or in a party

when you rep another guild they can highlight your name in the guild roster and it says "is representing another guild" <- this feature i want eliminated
    The Original Ganksta

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post

when you rep another guild they can highlight your name in the guild roster and it says "is representing another guild" <- this feature i want eliminated
    This stinks of the same weird attitude as damage meters do. You don't want people to kick you because you are breaking their rules. Natural solution - make breaking rules invisible! Of course!

Or, you could join a guild that has rules you actually accept. You know, like you are supposed to.
    Players will no longer randomly suffer falling damage.

Somebody remind me how Guild Banks, Guild Armorsmiths and Guild Weaponsmiths function with this new multi-guild system?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulturia View Post
    This stinks
    id make a quip relating to your avatar but that'd be far too easy
    You don't want people to kick you because you are breaking their rules. Natural solution - make breaking rules invisible! Of course!

Or, you could join a guild that has rules you actually accept. You know, like you are supposed to.
    when the rules themselves are fundamentally bad, yes we should break them

i mean, thats how democracy gets started right? need a revolution first- a method to break the rules
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I will never join a guild that requires "loyalty" such as being in the single guild or using a special "dye theme." I don't need to associate with people who think they need to be in charge over the internet.
    Basically, this. People who run a guild like that arent going to have the social, friendly, fun aspects of the game in mind. WoW was a second job to me because of people like that, demanding I turn up every time they needed me. I dont want that again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arkenaw View Post
    I will never join a guild that requires "loyalty" such as being in the single guild or using a special "dye theme." I don't need to associate with people who think they need to be in charge over the internet.
    to me true loyalty is something thats going to exist whether im repping your guild or not. if a GL wants to force members to only rep their guild to "build loyalty" then they have no idea what loyalty really is.

in fact if you really want to build loyalty then dont have an exclusionary rule, let members join with other guilds and if they are truly loyal they will be reliable
    The Original Ganksta

What if the emblem or dye scheme of the guild you joined is horrible? That seems one of the worse ideas for joining a guild I ever seen- 'wear this dragon eating a monkey insignia and make sure your armor is orange, purple & brown.'

Holy shit, that is stupid.

Quote Originally Posted by Ojimaru View Post
    Somebody remind me how Guild Banks, Guild Armorsmiths and Guild Weaponsmiths function with this new multi-guild system?
    They will have ranks of accessibility, so if your a low rank you might not be able to access it. So a Guild Leader might promote players that are in his guild very actively and those players can use those devices while players that are not active because they may be active in other guilds wont have those perks.

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Is that how it works? I thought the system was you could be in multiple guilds at once, but only display one tag - like, for the MMO guild, it would say <M M O C> next to your name.
    You can join multiple guilds at once but only one guild may be active at any given time. Your actions contribute reputation to your active guild and you have access to any guild perks and the chat of that guild but not any of the others you are a part of. While you may change your active guild at any time you'll now be associated with the newly active one and the previous one will shut off till you turn it back on.

Who is John Galt?

Deleted
    ppl trie to play gw2 how they learned from other mmos
    there will be at start a lot guilds with recruiting like wow guilds or whatever

but i bet in some months guilds are more like interest grps and thats fine for me
    there will maby be guilds like Explorer Guilds,Ranger Guilds, Crafting Guilds,Dungeon Guilds and so on

and ppl join what they prefer and play like this

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    What if the emblem or dye scheme of the guild you joined is horrible? That seems one of the worse ideas for joining a guild I ever seen- 'wear this dragon eating a monkey insignia and make sure your armor is orange, purple & brown.'

Holy shit, that is stupid.
    I don't know much about fashion, but I can safely say it's at least better than pink, lime green and black.

10+ Year Old Account
    lost somewhere in the corn fields of middle America
    Why join a guild at all then? I mean I feel if you join a guild they should be able to rely on you and know that you will be there to support and represent them during scheduled events..

With out this.. why try to do anything as a guild at all or even have guilds? This pug everything mentality is what has devalued guilds to the point of pointlessness is so many games that people forget what good guilds are meant for in the first place. Its rather sad actually. A guild is MORE than a glorified chat room.. and if its not.. its not a guild at all lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Glytch View Post
    id make a quip relating to your avatar but that'd be far too easy

when the rules themselves are fundamentally bad, yes we should break them

i mean, thats how democracy gets started right? need a revolution first- a method to break the rules
    Noone forces you to join a guild with rules you do not like. Changing it is easy. Theres a big difference between that and real world, where changing a country is, well, not easy.

Also, grats, you almost stopped yourself from replying with "your avatar sucks". Almost.

Edit: Also, making a democracy would be similar to outright breaking rules and speaking out. Trying to make a revolution. Sorry, your analogy wasn't very good.
    Last edited by Vulturia; 2012-05-07 at 11:22 AM.
    Players will no longer randomly suffer falling damage.

Deleted
    The whole idea of exclusivity and guilds makes me cringe - at a very deep level it conflicts with who I am and what I stand for as a human being, which is to say, freedom.

As for the excuse that the exclusive membership is required as an organizational and administrative aid - it seems that this is using process and rules in lieu of growing the kind of guild where people just choose to hang out because it's a cool place.

The truncheon is being used in lieu of conversation, as it were.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vulturia View Post
    Also, grats, you almost stopped yourself from replying with "your avatar sucks". Almost.
    the stink that you smell is your vulture's breath

Noone forces you to join a guild with rules you do not like.
    then why even allow multiple guilds in the first place

if anet really wants to let this idea take flight they need to remove the representing another guild indicator
    The Original Ganksta

Deleted
    On thing that I see as a possibility, is more specialized guilds. Right now, all the "pre-formed" guilds are all about doing a bit of everything. Come release, I expect these guilds won't do so well, instead you will have guilds that specialize in doing Elite Events, some that specializes in 5 man content, some for WvW etc...

Then I would also find it quite reasonable if guilds ask you to not belong to other guilds that specializes in the same area.

I expect that to a large degree the huge "do it all" guilds will have a lesser role in GW2 compared to other games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by azthal View Post

Then I would also find it quite reasonable if guilds ask you to not belong to other guilds that specializes in the same area.

I expect that to a large degree the huge "do it all" guilds will have a lesser role in GW2 compared to other games.
    this is a very reasonable request

note the use of the term "request"

demanding that someone not join any guild is unacceptable
    The Original Ganksta