Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bring back the old Detox spell so that Monks can neuter these cats!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    Bring back the old Detox spell so that Monks can neuter these cats!
    Please make sure to have your pandas spayed and neutered.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Root Break on feral again?

I think if they get root break as a baseline now, that Cat form should no longer be able to move at 15% speed unless talented, because being able to move faster, and break roots with that much ease, ontop of entangling roots and Cyclone is just far too much for one class.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post

I think if they get root break as a baseline now, that Cat form should no longer be able to move at 15% speed unless talented, because being able to move faster, and break roots with that much ease, ontop of entangling roots and Cyclone is just far too much for one class.
    A castable entangling roots or a castable cyclone, unless you're talking about a 1 minute cooldown on NS.

15% speed really isn't that much. You'll live. Maybe.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

People QQing about Ferals shifting roots again..............they lose a LOT of their survivability come MOP, they can't do what happened at the start of Cata and just stack mastery, get a rip up, shift all your roots then go lolbear and mangle you down, Guardian is now a whole new spec.

Ferals will need more mobility come MOP to make up for lacking the Blubbernaut.

You do realize that before this change, you'd just have ended up with every single pvp feral(or druid, for that matter) taking Disentanglement? Nothing truly changes.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    You do realize that before this change, you'd just have ended up with every single pvp feral(or druid, for that matter) taking Disentanglement? Nothing truly changes.
    Yes, this is exactly what i was getting at. I don't understand why people don't realize this.

Nice, return of Feralcraft for another expansion. Fuck rootbreaking on Ferals im sorry to say. Resto druids, fine i can understand why. But on ferals? Terrible idea, the fix was well placed, why revoke it.
    Last edited by Blightarrow; 2012-05-08 at 03:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Blightarrow View Post
    NBice, return of Feralcraft for another expansion. Fuck rootbreaking on Ferals im sorry to say. Resto druids, fine i can understand why. But on ferals? Terrible idea, the fix was well placed, why revoke it.
    Because the age of Mages has come to an end (hopefully), so they require a bane once more...

Rather see a class like Hunter or Warrior be the bane of my existance for once, they're the ones that actually need the spotlight.

Quote Originally Posted by huth View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by iamthedevil View Post
    Yes, this is exactly what i was getting at. I don't understand why people don't realize this.
    And thus they should have had to take a talent for that ability.

Just like Paladins have to take talents for movement increase/slows and CC's, and DK's having to choose between different talents for their slows/movement abilities.

now they can have entanglement AND something else.

Maybe they should make things like Chillbains or Long arm of the Law Baseline, since you know they would take them anyway.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

So um, Natures Vigil. Will the damage component work with tranq I wonder? Popping natures vigil + tranq as a moonkin has the potential to be game breaking.

10+ Year Old Account
    For those QQing at feral mobility, we are being nerfed to Wrath levels of PvPness- no longer bursty. We need some seconds to get up a 30% damage buff, and that can be dispelled atm.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

15+ Year Old Account

Just like Paladins have to take talents for movement increase/slows and CC's, and DK's having to choose between different talents for their slows/movement abilities.

Maybe they should make things like Chillbains or Long arm of the Law Baseline, since you know they would take them anyway.
    The point of talents is to give options. If something is a "MUST HAVE" talent, it shouldn't be a talent, it should be baseline.

Apparently you've missed this whole idea of the talent revamp. No talent must be a YOU MUST HAVE THIS.

---------- Post added 2012-05-08 at 05:30 AM ----------

For all you QQers:

From Ghostcrawler:
    I don't actually have any quantitative feedback on what players have been choosing for beta. It's hard to tell what is "I like this talent!" versus "I'm just messing around" at this stage.

We do feel that shifting roots has always been a core mechanic for druids and we know many of them were sad when we removed it. We think the PvP game has evolved a lot since then and we think it will probably be fine to be core once again -- powerful, but balance-able.
    Sunfyre | @FoGSunfyre

Don't forget too that now the lv 90 talents are useful in terms of damage for dpsers rather than just "all terrible so just take disentangle". Which means that we will be balanced around having them as dps cooldowns.

So yeah, we get root breaker AND something else... but our final dps will be balanced around having that something else. So the net result is exactly the same as just having the root break, but with an extra button to hit. And with a few choices about said extra button making the gameplay more fun for druids, everybody wins!

e: From GC re natures vigil:
    It might just be single-target or there might be a smaller contribution for AE. That's the kind of thing we were discussing just a bit ago.
    Dang, it seems that the whole natures vigil + tranq for a massive tranq bomb isn't going to go live, not that I really expected it to. Hopefully it sneaks into a beta build like it is now so that we can play with it being OP for a little while before they fix it.
    Last edited by Sylla; 2012-05-08 at 05:40 AM.

lol at Retri QQ you guys got a root remover as baseline. its called Emancipate. as for now it doesnt have cooldown.

Quote Originally Posted by sillabear View Post
    Dang, it seems that the whole natures vigil + tranq for a massive tranq bomb isn't going to go live, not that I really expected it to. Hopefully it sneaks into a beta build like it is now so that we can play with it being OP for a little while before they fix it.
    It won't necessarily be OP if certain forms of AoE healing get treated differently (as was mentioned, making AoE heals/damage affected a little less by said talent).

That aside, the 50% healing proc can be made from heals or damage. For the bear and kitty side of life, that can add more spice to our lives. Besides the obvious DPS increase from the proposed Nature's Vigil, there is added utility of helping out the healers for free for 30 seconds... basically a kitten becomes an Atonement priest (same applies for Moonkins). Bears will also yield similar benefits, hopefully FR joining those heals that work with the talent. My big question, if it makes it to beta, is if these 50% heals can target the druid themselves or if some penalty will be applied if allowed to do so.

*edit* BTW, what's with all the tears rage shapeshift root-breaking being baseline for all druids? It was only baseline for druids for almost the entire life of WoW minus two major patches, and in the realm of beta pretty much any PvPer would've been taking it anyways. There has always been ways to effectively shut down druids regardless of shapeshifting breaking roots, and everyone should rest assured that MoP will not change that.
    Last edited by exochaft; 2012-05-08 at 06:40 AM.
    “Society is endangered not by the great profligacy of a few, but by the laxity of morals amongst all.”
    “It's not an endlessly expanding list of rights — the 'right' to education, the 'right' to health care, the 'right' to food and housing. That's not freedom, that's dependency. Those aren't rights, those are the rations of slavery — hay and a barn for human cattle.”
    ― Alexis de Tocqueville

Deleted
    They could always put DR on the root breaking to balance it.
    So after breaking 3 roots, you'll be sitting still until the DR wears of.

Quote Originally Posted by chinobar View Post
    They could always put DR on the root breaking to balance it.
    So after breaking 3 roots, you'll be sitting still until the DR wears of.
    With Roots themselves having a DR, how would that affect anything? :P
    But your duty to Azeroth is not yet complete. More is demanded of you... a price the living cannot pay.

/dances

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

And a new healing/damage cooldown that makes sense and is exciting for more than PVP!

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO