10+ Year Old Account

Leveling teams: Which classes will work best with which?

There's already a lot of info from what we know about how to build a decent solo build for all five classes. However, for those of us who plan to level and progress with one to three other people, what classes do you think will best compliment each other?

Take for example my friend and I. We plan to progress through Normal, Nightmare and Hell as efficiently as we can, and we're both very serious about two-manning Inferno difficulty all the way through one day. He's hellbent on playing a Demon Hunter, whereas I've been really excited about Witch Doctors so far. After reading up and putting builds together, however.. I'm not so sure that a DH/WD composition would be optimal for Inferno difficulty at all. What do you think?

I think each class is equally powerful in a group.

Each class has abilities and options to improve a group. Personally I will go full defense on my barbarian and throw on a shield so that I can eat every hit and keep mobs busy while my friends beat on them.
    Last edited by Fuger; 2012-05-09 at 01:20 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    I think each class is equally powerful in a group.

Each class has abilities and options to improve a group. Personally I will go full defense on my warrior and throw on a shield so that I can eat every hit and keep mobs busy while my friends beat on them.
    I assume you meant "Barbarian," but I understand. But what about having a heavy-handed CC-oriented group that tries to simply take as few hits as possible while you attempt to take targets down from a distance?

Quote Originally Posted by MisterSoup View Post
    I assume you meant "Barbarian," but I understand. But what about having a heavy-handed CC-oriented group that tries to simply take as few hits as possible while you attempt to take targets down from a distance?
    I see no reason that would not work as long as you have a group capable of dodging attacks via slow time or some other ability.

Yes, I meant barbarian. I just thinking of my warrior when ever I think of tanking. Herp derp.

I think any combination will be able to do fine.

I'm gonna play a Barbarion, and I think both the friends who are interesting in playing it are also wanting to play a Barbarion. 3x Barbarion, not ideal but will work fine.

For what its worth though, there isn't really tanking in Diablo. You wont be able to hold agro, the mobs will hit whatever they want, being a low damage and high defense tank is probably going to be very limited in its uses.
    Last edited by Bigbazz; 2012-05-09 at 02:50 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigbazz View Post
    I'm gonna play a Barbarion, and I think both the friends who are interesting in playing it are also wanting to play a Barbarion. 3x Barbarion, not ideal but will work fine.

For what its worth though, there isn't really tanking in Diablo. You wont be able to hold agro, the mobs will hit whatever they want, being a low damage and high defense tank is probably going to be very limited in its uses.
    http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dgk!UVe!ZacaYb

Made a build just for you.

Ya, that's why they have a 3 second taunt on a 15 second cooldown with plenty of stuns and snares.

edit: lol nm Fuger showed you what's up. Late reply
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-09 at 04:24 AM.

barbarion is a good choice

Quote Originally Posted by Fuger View Post
    Your build lacks a fury spender. I'd replace Ancient Spear with Seismic Slam glyphed with Stagger, which is basically warrior's shockwave. But better.

Or like most ppl on this site they assume all threads are wow threads and if its a class thread somehow its always the class they play. Ppl almost never read the forum header at the top when they reply to stuff
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

Also keep in mind we do not know how well 2 full CC builds would work. Kripp has said they went without a Demon Hunter because of the mass amount of stuns, that could possibly be negated by a % stun reduction on mobs as you move through the difficulties. Kripp predicts that in Inferno, bosses and rares will have 75 to 100% stun reduction.

Quote Originally Posted by Wekapedia View Post
    Your build lacks a fury spender. I'd replace Ancient Spear with Seismic Slam glyphed with Stagger, which is basically warrior's shockwave. But better.
    I would never get rid of Ancient spear. That is my "Get off my Squishies" button.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/calculato...dgk!UVe!cacaYb

Threw a slow on Cleve and put in shockwave.

15+ Year Old Account
    Monk + Barbarian has great synergy.

Monk + Demon Hunter has great synergy.

Monk + Witch Doctor has great synergy.

Monks are broken.

What do you think?
    I think you should think for yourself, son.

Monks will rule inferno that's why I'll play one.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugadin View Post
    Also keep in mind we do not know how well 2 full CC builds would work. Kripp has said they went without a Demon Hunter because of the mass amount of stuns, that could possibly be negated by a % stun reduction on mobs as you move through the difficulties. Kripp predicts that in Inferno, bosses and rares will have 75 to 100% stun reduction.
    Has already been confirmed that stun duration is reduced in Hell and Inferno. My guess is that the same is true for CC or it would be a tad unfair.