Deleted

How not become addicted from mmo's

Hey,

So I am mmo addict.

When I start it is fine but after weeks of playing, I begin to loose the sight what is more important in my life games or job,school etc.

So I am wondering what can I do to combat this ? Does it mean I can't play any mmo anymore since after weeks of playing it I am forgetting about the world out there.

The only thing that matters to me is the game.

Any tips would be welcome.

And if they are not any tips does it mean I have to leave games completely since I have simillar problems with other games too.

Any advise would be welcomed.

Cheers,

Seek professional counseling.

Deleted
    Like Broloth said, I'd recommned professional counseling. It's very unlikely anyone here will be able to help you.

Stop playing video games if you are unable to control yourself.

If you can't, seek professional help.

Video games aren't the problem, you're the problem.

Get some friends that isn't into gaming/get a girlfriend. Always put priority on the people around you that you like over the game. If you can't do this seek professional counseling.

Think of the game as a way to kill time when bored, don't log into the game the first thing you do on a saturday morning(example) because then you are probably gonna be stuck there for the rest of the day, get out of the house, have a jog/grab a coffe with your friend(s), just do something els.

How does your gaming effect work/school btw?
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

10+ Year Old Account
    If you can practice basic self control, put yourself on a time system, say only two hours of gaming a day from 8pm to 10pm, have an alarm set.

If you can't do the above, you might want to talk to someone about your self control problems, or cut gaming out until you can work out a system like the above.

10+ Year Old Account
    First world problems... If you can't control yourself around something, remove the temptation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Clevername View Post
    First world problems... If you can't control yourself around something, remove the temptation.
    So I should throw my pc ?

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    Uninstall the game if it's really that bad for you.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

Quote Originally Posted by Seweryn View Post
    No, remove the subscription if that's what it takes. You need to learn self control - I used to have the same problem. I stopped attending classes, failed an entire semester (my first semester) at the university. I was having so much fun! Then I realized that I was addicted to it, and you know what? I cancelled my subscription for 2 years, and then decided I had learned a lot about self control and priorities. I re-subbed, and got straight A's the rest of my semesters and graduated with a Bachelor's with really good GPA.
    MY X/Y POKEMON FRIEND CODE: 1418-7279-9541 In Game Name: Michael__

Deleted
    Set yourself a goal when you log a game, don't just log to stand around killing time. Log to raid, level up a bit or craft something then log off when you are finished, You will probably find you will lose that urge to log on all the time if you manage to put that into practice. Another good way to cut down on games it to change your lifestyle a bit. Get more friends irl, join a club doing something you are interested in (photography, fishing, boxing etc) and give yourself a reason not to log in. I would say I was pretty addicted at one point, then I learned how to distract myself with other things. I still raid to a high standard and actually run a highly ranked guild, but it doesn't stop me doing other productive stuff!