Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noviskers View Post
    The reason that shamans and druids are compared so often when it comes to AoE healing is because those two were the top two aoe healing classes for much of BC and part of LK. Whenever my old guild would run MH, BT or SW in BC it would always be me and my resto druid friend constantly fighting for the top spot. Also if iirc resto shamans were the best aoe healers because of the fact that chain heal was a more effecient single target heal than LHW and GHW in BC.
    That ties in pretty well with what I remember, though I wasn't healing on my shaman at all during BC. But (apologies if this makes you suddenly feel old) patch 2.4 (Sunwell) launched at the end of march 2008...that's 4 years ago. Surely we should have moved on from that mindset by now?

Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    None of these are correct. PE would be way too good with 100% uptime. EB will be great for Ele, and has great potential for bursty healing with Resto. UF looks great for everyone. Nature's Guardian has better uptime than AS and doesn't require proactive use, both advantages. The threat dump can also be useful in cases with adds and such.
    Not quite. Elemental Blast is performing rather low in comparison to Unleashed Fury, but this may be fixed with the eventual numbers pass later on. Primal Elementalist is currently an unknown because we need to confirm a number of rotation/mechanic details to make a decent evaluation.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teriz View Post
    I think its pretty obvious that Locks and Monks aren't the only classes getting new toys. Death Knights have been getting some pretty sweet things recently, Priests changes are really coming together, and Druids just got a nice big Christmas gift from Blizzard Santa.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but if you go and have a look at this thread (posts 170 and 179) Endus pretty conclusively proved that shaman are not being left out in the cold when it comes to new abilities, certainly not more so than any other class.

Last new ability we got was Stormlash back in March. We have gotten some balance fixes since then, but nothing that really addresses what a lot of Shaman have been concerned about.
    You've come up saying a lot of things along the lines of 'Most Shaman want X' or 'Lots of Shaman feel than Y needs to be baseline' and yet I very very rarely see you provide any actual support for these statements. You might have valid points on certain of them, we'll see when beta enters final stages, but hyperbolising robs some of the effectiveness from your arguments.

10+ Year Old Account
    We complained loudly about our level 90 talents because we didn't have any until after the big reveal in March. After that, the last talent change was getting rid of the awful Fortifying Waters and replacing it with Conductivity.
    Want to guess how I know you haven't been following Shaman development very closely?

We had different level 90 talents. They were removed/shifted, and we got new ones, directly in response to our feedback. Hence my point that they're listening to our feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by binkenstein View Post
    Not quite. Elemental Blast is performing rather low in comparison to Unleashed Fury, but this may be fixed with the eventual numbers pass later on. Primal Elementalist is currently an unknown because we need to confirm a number of rotation/mechanic details to make a decent evaluation.
    Yes, but those are tweaking/tuning concerns, and my comment was with regards to mechanical issues with either, which is how the thread started.

There's obviously tuning that's still going to need to be done, but we're not even hitting 90 yet, the tuning hasn't REALLY started. Mechanically, I don't see flaws with either ability.

Quote Originally Posted by Curdle View Post
    That ties in pretty well with what I remember, though I wasn't healing on my shaman at all during BC. But (apologies if this makes you suddenly feel old) patch 2.4 (Sunwell) launched at the end of march 2008...that's 4 years ago. Surely we should have moved on from that mindset by now?
    Not disagreeing with was just explaining why that is. But mindsets are hard to change, especially when its something that has been one way for so long I mean you figure that shamans have been seen as a raid healing class from BC through LK so that is quite sometime that this idea has been put into people's heads.

I think the main reason why people get so upset about shaman healing is because other classes get our new toys and make them better. Started with smart heals, at the time only shaman had them and then they were added in with priests and druids and eventually paladins and they all did it better. Next it was the heal style where all healers were changed to a more similar shaman healing model after LK, while we stayed the same the others were changed and got new shiny things.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Noviskers View Post
    I think the main reason why people get so upset about shaman healing is because other classes get our new toys and make them better. Started with smart heals, at the time only shaman had them and then they were added in with priests and druids and eventually paladins and they all did it better. Next it was the heal style where all healers were changed to a more similar shaman healing model after LK, while we stayed the same the others were changed and got new shiny things.
    I'll admit that when I saw priests were getting Void Shift and we weren't getting any new spirit link type mechanic I had a moment of annoyance. But I'm content that we've got lots of fun stuff that they don't, 10% health, AA procs, TC regen...

The big thing that differentiates shaman for me is the intermixing of all the spells, whether through tidal waves buffing GHW/HS/HW or chain heal consuming riptide, while we probalbly have less actual healing spells than the likes of a priest, we get to have ever so much more fun combining them to suit the task.

Edit: whoops we appear to be hijacking this thread into a resto discussion instead of debating whether we should be feeling neglected or not.

We already have enough MoP threads going around. If there are updates, please discuss them in the [OFFICIAL] thread. Consolidating data/information is a good thing.

Locked.