Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Blizzard and the "diablo3 world first race"

Many people are trying to get world first 60 and think it is doable in as little as 20 hours. Can you give us any insight on this?
    JayWilson: World's first what?

HAHAHAHA
    Seems like "i don't give a shit" is dominant not only among players. Thank you Jay Wilson.

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    The entire world first thing really for the diablo thing is completely silly, I mean honestly.

Not surprised by his answer

Does anyone actually care about being 1st to level cap in a diablo style game.

Deleted
    i think rushing in a game like diablo would be a waste of money.my opinion about the game is that exploring is alot more entertaining then getting to the end first

this is my opinion,this is not representative of actual facts and/or playerbase.this is just me speaking what i think

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by minkage View Post
    Does anyone actually care about being 1st to level cap in a diablo style game.
    Well apparently many people do, Seen lots of vlogs about it as well as in obviously the most known players about it such as Athene Kip w/e etc yada yada and many other people. Lots of people also apparently care of a world first in Diablo

That's right

Diablo

where's the source ?

Rushing through a game like diablo is an awesome way to burn yourself out on it very quickly.

Maybe. I will still miss ladder and ladderseasons.

First one to anything is a bit of an accomplishment. It does not seem that big of a deal in a diablo game compared to an MMO or even a COD style FPS

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Well apparently many people do, Seen lots of vlogs about it as well as in obviously the most known players about it such as Athene Kip w/e etc yada yada and many other people. Lots of people also apparently care of a world first in Diablo

That's right

Diablo
    people that want attention would have been the best answer.

10+ Year Old Account
    to 60 first is just for bragging rights.... regardless of it being the Diablo universe, the fact that some people can "beat it" or be there before everyone else is enough for them to go for it and make a big deal out of it.

All if the first lvl 60 bullshit is just like The "Fist!" YouTube comments. Honestly, not a single fuck will be given while my opinion of you as a person diminishes.

Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post

That's right

Diablo
    You can't stop people from trying to treat the game like some MMO, and people will.

Doesn't mean you have to care about it. It's mostly meaningless.

Quote Originally Posted by Magemaer View Post
    Many people are trying to get world first 60 and think it is doable in as little as 20 hours. Can you give us any insight on this?
    JayWilson: World's first what?

HAHAHAHA
    Seems like "i don't give a shit" is dominant not only among players. Thank you Jay Wilson.
    One could also interpret that as SC or HC?

You missed the part of that chat where they commented specifically on Athene vs Kripp and even bet on it. Nice try though.

Do you have any comments on Athene vs Kripp for worlds first Inferno kill?
    JasonBender: I guess someone needs to take the other side of that bet, so Athene had better win. I like hot dogs. (The real question is: Who gets the world's first HARDCORE Inferno completion!)
    JayWilson: $20 and a coupon for a free hot dog on Kripp.
    Taken from front page of www.diablofans.com

I love shitting on your posts. I don't know why.
    Last edited by Riptide; 2012-05-09 at 04:06 AM.

JasonBender: I guess someone needs to take the other side of that bet, so Athene had better win. I like hot dogs. (The real question is: Who gets the world's first HARDCORE Inferno completion!)
    JayWilson: $20 and a coupon for a free hot dog on Kripp.

Some hot dogs are just wrong

10+ Year Old Account
    Only thing that matters is first HC inferno clear, and I'm going to be very impressed if someone does that anytime soon.

Oh my, and I was thinking that I will play it slowly to enjoy more, but people think about reaching level 60 first... Well, who cares? Oh, the minority...

I guess somewhere there ARE a few fools that want to play a game for 7 days straight in 22 hour cycles and then come up with a ridiculous time record like 9 days played and beat the end game.

Of course the more smart ones will have set up complete teams to play it around the clock and then will "brag" about it.

Us 99.9% of mere mortals will crawl through these dungeons for months and months before even seeing some kind of end bosses in Inferno mode.

But we ALL will be publishing on forums we already did it all of course.

--->>> You know what ? The most bragging WOW players who came up to me and said it was too easy were players who didn't even reach end bosses before the nerfs...

....It simply is human nature...

If inferno is really as hard as it's been looking like it will be then the only world firsts that matter are first inferno and first HC inferno.

I think these world first diablo people will get the same feeling that a small time musician in a little restaurant feels. People will clap when your done but really... they were talking the whole time and not really paying attention until the very sad "thank you" at the end of the song. lol