Thread: CPU temp

CPU temp

When I have heavy load (streaming while playing a game) on my CPU, it runs about 40c. (I have a i5-2500k) The idle temps are around 28c to 32c.. Is that a normal temp under load?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    When I have heavy load (streaming while playing a game) on my CPU, it runs about 40c. (I have a i5-2500k) The idle temps are around 28c to 32c.. Is that a normal temp under load?
    It's quite low, in fact. For comparison: Mine (C2Q 9550 overclocked to 3.6 GHz) is at about 35° idling and up to 58° under load. Celsius, that is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Your temps are nice and cool, I wouldn't worry about your temps until they reach the upper 60's; even then these chips can run to high 90's without any damage being caused to the chips; they have an internal shut off temperature of around 100 degrees celsius if I'm not mistaken
    "The Maw's thirst is unquenchable. If it is not fed fresh victims, it will not hesitate to drink from its wielder instead."

Quote Originally Posted by Flobaer View Post
    It's quite low, in fact. For comparison: Mine (C2Q 9550 overclocked to 3.6 GHz) is at about 35° idling and up to 58° under load. Celsius, that is.
    Comparing completely different cpu's is worthless, older CPU's ran hotter as is in the C2 era.

Quote Originally Posted by Vinho View Post
    Your temps are nice and cool, I wouldn't worry about your temps until they reach the upper 60's; even then these chips can run to high 90's without any damage being caused to the chips; they have an internal shut off temperature of around 100 degrees celsius if I'm not mistaken
    60c is not the ceiling for anything, 60c can and will happen on stock cooling. 75c would be a warning light but still not dangerous and 80c would be where you need to figure out whats wrong.

The one thing that runs pretty hot is my GPU. Which runs up to 60c to 65c while playing certain games. Like for GW2, I believe it runs between 55c to 60c and Planetside 2 is runs in the 60s. (560 ti)

Graphic Cards are usually made to handle that kind of heat. I wouldn't worry until 80's, and even then you'd probably be fine. Cooler is always better, though. For the price of a few case fans you can knock a few degrees of your temps, if you feel like it

Quote Originally Posted by AdrianCC100 View Post
    The one thing that runs pretty hot is my GPU. Which runs up to 60c to 65c while playing certain games. Like for GW2, I believe it runs between 55c to 60c and Planetside 2 is runs in the 60s. (560 ti)
    That's nothing to worry about my friend. They're designed to withstand temps much higher. My 2500K and 570 get into the 60's when gaming, and that's even much lower than what they were designed for. Until you see your 2500k getting into the 70's and your 560ti into the 80's you have nothing to worry about.

Absolute safe temperatures for both CPU and GPU as everyone has said. My 570s used to hit 82c, but my new 670 FTWs hit around 50c-62c in games while being overclocked to borderline stable...both used fan curves. A 670 can hit 70c though before it starts throttling its boost clock.

I have my 2500k OCed to 4.8Ghz and it idles around 39c and goes to 55c-62c in games since I play at 120hz and that's completely fine. As Milkshake said, when you start hitting the high 70s to low 80s, that's when you need to start and worry.