Deleted

Hey folks, need some GFX card advice. :)

Hello Sir's and Sireses!
    I iz hafv a problam mkay?
    I want to buy a new video card for my computer. I am running Windows Vista 32-bit, and here is the "problem".
    I currently have 3GB RAM installed, and according to a link i've found (can't post it right now as this is my first post../sadface) Vista is limited to 3.12GB. If i were to buy a new video card with 1GB memory, would that limit the memory available for Vista to use for other programs to 2GB or would Vista still be able to utilize the 3GB for other tasks, and then the additional 1GB for video-work?

Also, if I give you the specs of my computer, is there any way to determine whether or not my pc will run MoP on high/ultra with a new gfx card or is it just a little bit of pot luck and hope for the best sort of thing?

Any advice/help you can give me will be fantastic.

Thanks guys xx

No, GPU ram (VRAM) is not exactly the same as normal RAM. It doesn't add to what you have already, you will still have those 3GB of normal RAM for your system processes, and your VRAM will be used only for graphics rendering. Also it's not Vista that is limited to 3GB it's the fact that it's 32-bit that limits it. If you want to use as much RAM as you want you will need to upgrade to 64-bit.
    Last edited by Spongeballs; 2012-05-12 at 12:50 AM.
    Spongeballs - Armory

WoW is more dependent on the CPU, what graphics card and CPU do you have?

Deleted
    Cheers spongeballs! <3

Youtube1080p, i has amd phenom 9550 quad core processor and uhh, ati radeon x1200 (apparently this is very bad, tho I don't know how bad :<, but i'm looking to upgrade this mofo!)

Cheers again, xx

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    How well do you run WoW right now?

Deleted
    I run wow on fair, RF 25m is a bit sketchy tbh, lag spikes when there's aoe and things like that. :<