Deleted

Is this correct?

How come this is possible?

10+ Year Old Account
    If I had to guess Id say hes higher level than the content regardless of the level of gear he is wearing. Just a guess though.

10+ Year Old Account
    Its possible because its an overpowered character on an easy boss with ridiculously good gear? How is this any different from any other game of the same situation?

The Unstoppable Force Resentful's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Go look it the comments OP, It explains most of it.

RIP true thorns aura/iron maiden =(
    At least the WD has a few ways to get thorns on his minions, can still pretend to have a horny army of the dead.

10+ Year Old Account
    Take note that this video was made earlier in the beta before Leoric got buffed. (you can tell by the cube salvage thing that was removed from game.)

Awesomeness, hadn't seen that yet. Good thing it was only possible because 13(the beta cap) is outleveling Leoric by a few levels and because it is normal mode.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by -Alcatraz- View Post
    Go look it the comments OP, It explains most of it.
    Hadn't checked the comments yet, just did, they explain fuck all. Thanks for that. Seriously no one even made an attempt at explaining it.

---------- Post added 2012-05-10 at 07:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    Its possible because its an overpowered character on an easy boss with ridiculously good gear? How is this any different from any other game of the same situation?
    What is the Monk skill that affects that damage being done passively?
    Last edited by mmoc8fc641f927; 2012-05-10 at 07:48 PM.

This was from an earlier build of the beta when monsters didn't have a whole lot of health. Some middling amount of thorns on gear is quite common. I remember back around this time that without trying to gear for thorns, by the time I had a level 13 character with decent blue gear, any monster that attacked me would basically one-shot itself from thorns.

Not a big deal at all, but there is the (very simple) mechanic for it. Just a case of outleveling easy content.

This was done several months ago and much has changed since then. The amount of 'Attackers take +x damage' (which causes damage to enemies when they hit you, also known as Thorns) you can get was reduced I believe, someone said it'd be difficult to get up to +16 at that level. The character was lvl 13, which is higher than is typical for Skeleton King. The Skeleton King was buffed after that as well.

The ability the monk is using is Mantra of Retribution, which reflects back 40% of melee damage taken. So whenever the Skeleton King hit him, 40% of that damage was being reflected back, plus SK was taking damage from the 'Attackers take +x damage' stat.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dacomp89 View Post
    This was done several months ago and much has changed since then. The amount of 'Attackers take +x damage' (which causes damage to enemies when they hit you, also known as Thorns) you can get was reduced I believe, someone said it'd be difficult to get up to +16 at that level. The character was lvl 13, which is higher than is typical for Skeleton King. The Skeleton King was buffed after that as well.

The ability the monk is using is Mantra of Retribution, which reflects back 40% of melee damage taken. So whenever the Skeleton King hit him, 40% of that damage was being reflected back, plus SK was taking damage from the 'Attackers take +x damage' stat.
    So my question was valid, it's not supposed to be possible and it no longer is. Thank you for your explanation.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hes lvl 21+ that's why. ( retri mantra si a lvl 21 skill )

Deleted
    haha he have the best gear he can get, retri mantra is level 21. So he is level 21, vs a level 7 boss. When he have rare and magic(yellow and blues) gear. A OP gear that to get that is unreal if you dont farm like a mad for it. Not that OP.