Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    I watched a video that talks about how feminine behavior is portrayed as weak and submissive, and most people see effeminate qualities as a negative thing.

But I hate them for less sexist reasons such as:

-I hate elves anyway
    -Too many people play them
    -Most of the people that ganked me were belves
    -Lore hogs
    -Im not into the pretty and thin anime-like characteristics

New player models can not come soon enough. I got sick of seeing 7 out of 10 horde players are blood elves since most people like playing the most attractive races. If the other races looked awesome, then most people wont be playing one race, itd be more evenly spread out.

I play mostly undead, I played mostly orc...Now I'm undead, made blood elf hunter to expand my horizon...Nice to meet you!
    Shall I be dramatic and say "You haven't heard the last of me,"?

LIFE

(L)ive, (I)nfluence, (F)ight, (E)njoy

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by duito View Post
    all of them where ladies in that quest >.<
    o

m

g

roflmao
    From the #1 Cata review on Amazon.com: "Blizzard's greatest misstep was blaming players instead of admitting their mistakes.
    They've convinced half of the population that the other half are unskilled whiners, causing a permanent rift in the community."

10+ Year Old Account
    Females are twigs.

Males are probably the most balanced body type in the game. Not to mention a wonderful voice and animations.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=27715#s...hots:id=193863
    The one on the left.

There's also a quest in Hillsbrad:
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Quest:Little_Girl_Lost

And one in un'goro:
    http://www.wowhead.com/quest=24705
    Where men confuse blood elf males for women.
    Damsel:A young unmarried woman.

So that orc was Bi-curious...Never would have guessed

LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by Duito View Post
    I play mostly undead, I played mostly orc...Now I'm undead, made blood elf hunter to expand my horizon...Nice to meet you!
    Nice. I have an 85 of each race on the alliance side, two are female dwarves though. Love curvy ladies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevyne-Shandris View Post
    o

m

g

roflmao
    Mlg in pvp BB THE Q, QQ, AMF, PAWN, I GO PEW PEW...Super NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

Yeah I was wrong, means that orc was alittle bi...so,your mind=blown!

LIFE

Deleted
    There's not "hate" you're really over reacting. People just don't really want to play them because they're a bit camp.

Hating elves has been the cool thing to do for fantasy lovers since the dawn of time. Sure, there are some people who think they don't fit with the big, brutal Horde aesthetic and they're absolutely right about that but the big deal with the Horde is that they're a bunch of outcasts banding together for survival so the Blood Elven claim to a seat at the negotiating table is as valid as the rest of them. The hatred for the Blood Elves is simply because they're elves. Don't worry, the Night Elves get the same treatment over here in the Alliance so you're not alone. I believe Oxhorn said it the best:

"I don't hate you in any malicious way. I just hate your long ears and your flawless skin and your stupid dances. I also hate how everyone and their mother wants to be an elf because they saw Lord of the Rings and fell in love with Orlando Bloom. You're just so bleeding...trendy."

Personally I've got no problem with any elves anywhere be they half, high, blood or night (even those Twilighty San'layn jerks). I'll definitely yank their chains sometimes but that's only because they make themselves such easy targets so often (the OP personally hurling himself in front of every bullet fired at the Blood Elves in this thread illustrates that point quite well). You won't find any real hatred from me, the only race I genuinely despise in Warcraft are the Ogres. Now those assholes are different story.
    "Lordaeron belongs to the Forsaken. Always and forever!"

Perfection is so horribly dull, don't you think?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alixie View Post
    Nice. I have an 85 of each race on the alliance side, two are female dwarves though. Love curvy ladies.
    I'm only horde...or...3 faction!!! If there is one...With demons and undead, and stuff xD

LIFE

The males look like the stereotypical homosexual, or metrosexual, and that isn't a bad thing. People act like it is, though. I have no idea why.

Also, Blizzard gave the Horde Blood Elves because they wanted to encourage more "kids" to play Horde due to the "pretty race" to balance things out. Or so I've heard.
    “You have died of dysentery” – Oregon Trail

Not to devolve into a linguistic diatribe, but the meaning for gay has changed substantially over time; and only recently (last 50 years or so) taken on a meaning for homosexuality if I remember right; and even more recently the word is losing its pure homosexual definition, and is gaining the definition for anything that a person does have a high opinion of. Not to say that BE's don't portray some very distinct flamboyance often associated with the over the top flamboyant vein of homosexuals: their stance and animations, emotes, voices, in-game references, etc.

But just because a person calls something gay in this day and age does not automatically mean they are saying it is homosexual. Hell, homosexual doesn't necessarily mean homosexual depending on the context and the person saying it.

Not trying to get into a debate on whether this is right or wrong, but words do change, and this word is notorious for its nebulous use throughout history.
    Highly skilled sharpshooter, effective against air units. Can gain the Long Rifles upgrade.

15+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand how something fake and in a game can be considered gay...unless the person behind the character is using them in a gay fashion
    Its all to do with social perception and stereotyping, Blood Elves fall in to the several stereotypical gay catagories that then get them call it regardless of whether or not its not real or just in a game.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Vesker View Post
    Hating elves has been the cool thing to do for fantasy lovers since the dawn of time. Sure, there are some people who think they don't fit with the big, brutal Horde aesthetic and they're absolutely right about that but the big deal with the Horde is that they're a bunch of outcasts banding together for survival so the Blood Elven claim to a seat at the negotiating table is as valid as the rest of them. The hatred for the Blood Elves is simply because they're elves. Don't worry, the Night Elves get the same treatment over here in the Alliance so you're not alone. I believe Oxhorn said it the best:

"I don't hate you in any malicious way. I just hate your long ears and your flawless skin and your stupid dances. I also hate how everyone and their mother wants to be an elf because they saw Lord of the Rings and fell in love with Orlando Bloom. You're just so bleeding...trendy."

Personally I've got no problem with any elves anywhere be they half, high, blood or night (even those Twilighty San'layn jerks). I'll definitely yank their chains sometimes but that's only because they make themselves such easy targets so often (the OP personally hurling himself in front of every bullet fired at the Blood Elves in this thread illustrates that point quite well). You won't find any real hatred from me, the only race I genuinely despise in Warcraft are the Ogres. Now those assholes are different story.

HmMmM =p, I hate lord of the rings...I just like blood elfs because of there lore and how they look in tier and 60+ gear and some of there lower end gear
    10+ and through

LIFE

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm only horde...or...3 faction!!! If there is one...With demons and undead, and stuff xD
    you can have your demons and undead, but i want my all druid faction. Moonglade was a good start but they didnt take it far enough.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by caninepawprints View Post
    The males look like the stereotypical homosexual, or metrosexual, and that isn't a bad thing. People act like it is, though. I have no idea why.

Also, Blizzard gave the Horde Blood Elves because they wanted to encourage more "kids" to play Horde due to the "pretty race" to balance things out. Or so I've heard.
    If you heard that...its the stupidest thing ever! Who told you that? We got blood elfs because of Nyhm the singer...DUH Jk

No "kids" as you so kindly put it play runescape, and should stick to that

LIFE

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    Its all to do with social perception and stereotyping, Blood Elves fall in to the several stereotypical gay catagories that then get them call it regardless of whether or not its not real or just in a game.
    Yeah, in the end it boils down to calling a blood elf "gay" is the go to, no thought insult. Because of the stereotype that will always be the first insult people go to when they lack the ability to think.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

Deleted
    Probably because these people are insecure about themselves, generally speaking that's why most people feel uncomfortable about appearance and deem them to look "gay".
    Last edited by mmoc96f96c6ff8; 2012-05-11 at 02:38 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Alski View Post
    you can have your demons and undead, but i want my all druid faction. Moonglade was a good start but they didnt take it far enough.
    I really want a demon race, you don't even understand! I will race change...Every thing I have to have a demon race, not with hoofs though claws! and sharp teeth..OMG the fun i would have!

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by siegemaster View Post
    Not to devolve into a linguistic diatribe, but the meaning for gay has changed substantially over time; and only recently (last 50 years or so) taken on a meaning for homosexuality if I remember right; and even more recently the word is losing its pure homosexual definition, and is gaining the definition for anything that a person does have a high opinion of. Not to say that BE's don't portray some very distinct flamboyance often associated with the over the top flamboyant vein of homosexuals: their stance and animations, emotes, voices, in-game references, etc.

But just because a person calls something gay in this day and age does not automatically mean they are saying it is homosexual. Hell, homosexual doesn't necessarily mean homosexual depending on the context and the person saying it.

Not trying to get into a debate on whether this is right or wrong, but words do change, and this word is notorious for its nebulous use throughout history.
    Yep like people saying "Thats gay" about math problems on a test

gay as in stupid...>.<

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 02:37 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ciscero View Post
    Probably because these people are insecure about themselves..
    I like this comment!
    But I don't know if I fully agree

LIFE

Quote Originally Posted by leaks View Post
    Because they are feminine and tend to be "pretty", even the males. Hell there's several joke quests in the game where male blood elves are confused for women.
    Maximillion of Northshire!

People don't like them because they are elves. Nelves were 'gay' before belves were introduced - most of the horde players I know are still mad that they have elves on their team.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    There's not "hate" you're really over reacting. People just don't really want to play them because they're a bit camp.
    Maybe /shrug

LIFE