Subs gained in China but lost in NA/EU

I was wondering why they lost +-$30mil when the sub numbers stayed the same.
    It's because there was a decrease in North America and Europe and increase in China, blizzards earnings per player in China is about 15% of a normal player rate.

I think the Chinese market will keep growing as there isn't much competition in the country with the strict rules the government have for games trying to enter the market.

I'm sure you have a source for this claim, right?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    I'm sure you have a source for this claim, right?
    nope he doesn't...

it could be anything from not enough shiney mount sales to GC spending it on booze and hookers.
    Gamers are too obsessed with the death of games. Imagine if all that energy was channeled into the LIFE of games.

And how much people is it in china compared to others?

China has about 60% of the total subs. EU is only around a mil, NA is about 3.5 mil.

Quote Originally Posted by DreamCast View Post
    China has about 60% of the total subs. EU is only around a mil, NA is about 3.5 mil.
    And your source for those numbers?

10+ Year Old Account
    give source or stop claimin such facts

Deleted
    This smells like a troll. Claiming several quite interesting facts without any source. Plus noone has heard about these things before it seems, given the replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whoops, missread OP
    Last edited by Tailswipe; 2012-05-11 at 08:17 AM.

You can't really do allot with public information.

The only reason why they say how many active subs they have is because investors want to know what kind of future the franchise has. But their is zero way to exactly confirm what Blizzard has said or how they have build up their numbers with the information they provided.

At best the only way you would notice if Blizzard was lying is if something doesn't add up, like every single server is dead while they are claiming record profits etc.

Deleted
    As others have said, a reliable source would be appreciated. As it stands, it's hard to see this as anything other than idle speculation until it can be backed up by facts.