Page 21 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Damn, I have to go back to Blighttown then. I don't know how I missed it, I killed Quelaag and it seemed like there was only a covenant after that, so I ran back to the bonfire by Sen's Fortress.

10+ Year Old Account
    You don't need to do Ceaseless Discharge asap. It's technically optional if you know what you're doing (I don't!) and able to 'jump' through lava.

10+ Year Old Account
    Depends if he wants the gold hemmed black armor set. It's very good, but you can't upgrade it. It makes you look like the grim reaper too, if you like that sort of style.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    You don't need to do Ceaseless Discharge asap. It's technically optional if you know what you're doing (I don't!) and able to 'jump' through lava.
    Eh, it's not like he's hard, cheaty way or real way. Just another boss where you need to hit the dodge button at X time. Then again, that's the strat for nearly half of the bosses in the game.

And I'd say that the DLC is worth it. It gives a few good boss fights and interesting setting, though the "story" is utter shite compared to the rest of the DS story. Though, Manus (end boss) is pretty weak sauce compared to everyone else, even the NPC "bosses" you can fight. Remember when I first fought him, I died the first time because of how taken aback I was about how easy I was killing him.

To be honest, I'd much rather of fought the small Ralad man with red hair, who plays a flute and likes to draw pictures in the dirt to communicate... (100 internets to anyone who understands that...)
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Murphlord View Post
    Working on sen's fortress. Have killed the asylum demon, capra demon, witch quelaag, ceaseless discharge, taurus demon, bell gargoyles, gaping dragon, pinwheel, and moonlight butterfly. Not in that order. I'm looking forward to fighting Sif, as I hear he's a really good boss fight.
    Sif is terribly easy, unfortunately. He is FANTASTIC from a lore standpoint though.

Do not click the spoiler unless you REALLY want to know what happens.

You can get an alternate cutscene for him if you do the DLC areas FIRST, and is, IMO, much better than the original cutscene

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Eh, it's not like he's hard, cheaty way or real way. Just another boss where you need to hit the dodge button at X time. Then again, that's the strat for nearly half of the bosses in the game.
    All you need to do to kill Ceaseles Discharge is run all the way back to the fog gate, wait for him to jump towards you, then attack his hand. A few hits and he falls into the lava.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Sif really was disappointing. Those cheshire cat abominations in the area before him were harder than he was!

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, Sif really was disappointing. Those cheshire cat abominations in the area before him were harder than he was!
    Told ya, :P

Hes adorable though when hes tiny.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, just killed Gwyn. What a great boss fight. The music choice was awesome. They managed to cram a lot of emotion into the ending. I kind of feel sorry for Gwyn now.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, just killed Gwyn. What a great boss fight. The music choice was awesome. They managed to cram a lot of emotion into the ending. I kind of feel sorry for Gwyn now.
    Hint: You can parry him.
    Gwyn is a great fight if you don't parry him. If you parry riposte him, hes boring as hell. =\

10+ Year Old Account
    Is Crossbreed Priscilla hard? I know it's just pixels, but I decided not to kill her. My conscience wouldn't let me
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-03-28 at 03:49 PM.

Is Crossbreed Priscilla hard? I know it's just pixels, but I decided not to kill her. My conscience wouldn't let me
    Not really, her gimmick can make it a bit hard if you aren't quick enough, but her health bar is INSANELY small, a lot less than the undead dragon mini-boss you fight.

Makes getting her tail a pain if you don't hit the right spot.
    I AM the world's first Shadow Mage.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zonas View Post
    Makes getting her tail a pain if you don't hit the right spot.
    It's easier to get her tail if you have a good weapon and attack her before you are fighting her. Literally the hardest part of the fight is getting her tail if you want it and didn't get it at the start. The rest of the fight is just an annoyance if you don't know what to look for.

10+ Year Old Account
    Certain weapons and spells reveal her quickly as opposed to others. Katanas, Halberds, and any of the chaos spells tend to reveal her in one hit or a couple.

A way to get the tail off is to get 2 summon people, before you hit her. Have the summoned people smack the tail over and over and over and over until it pops off.

10+ Year Old Account
    One jump attack with high dmg weapon is usually enough to cut her tail.
    That's why you need me.... Need someone to punish you for your sins.

I've been playing the shit out of this game. I am just before Lord Gwyn but I'm not attempting him because I still haven't done the DLC stuff before moving onto NG+.

I also made a level 35 char just to PvP/invade on. I beat Smough & Ornstein and 4 Kings on him, so much easier when you know all the basics of the game, only took me around 4 hours. Using the Claymore/black pharis bow and Great Chaos Fireball with my pyromancy. Armor is a mix of elite knight and silver knight, tbh I don't really know what armor to use and haven't looked it up yet. Using ring of favor and the one that reduces dmg on physical attacks.

Only time in the game I got bored was Lost Izalith, imo terrible design and shitty boss.
    Last edited by nightshark; 2013-03-31 at 06:06 AM.

So does anyone else think the Black Knight Halberd is too OP? It dropped for my strength build character and I just wreck everything.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    So does anyone else think the Black Knight Halberd is too OP? It dropped for my strength build character and I just wreck everything.
    Black Knight Halberd definitely has some of the best range in the game. It's a very strong weapon, for sure. I don't think it's as popular of a choice in PvP but if you're avoiding that, then it's definitely a little OP, especially if you fully upgrade it.

Deleted
    This really gets on my tits:

*be summoned*

'You have received a new message'

"give me weapon plz"
    "plz give me armor"
    "have u wep u can give me plz"

Fucks sake This keeps happening to me. If I've played with them for a while and they seem okay I might drop them something if I have it to spare. But when they message me like that straight from the start it pisses me off. I might just crystal out next time.

DS2 gameplay debut tomorrow

i'm hyped, can't wait