Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast

Use a travel mug. That or any other non-transparent container works wonders. Also, jaelrin, sometimes you've got a really long way to go from the meeting place to the club and that can really harsh your buzz. The last thing you want is to roll up to the bouncer yawning and with the onset of a hangover at 11:30.

Quote Originally Posted by Tenkachii View Post
    Why would you drink in public anyways? what's the fun of it or the use of it? I mean, dang. Are you either underaged or alcoholic?
    Drinking before you go into a club/disco/whatever is kinder to your wallet...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cattaclysmic View Post
    Drinking before you go into a club/disco/whatever is kinder to your wallet...
    But why in public? why not at a home. That's just attention whoring right there. OH LOOK IM 12 AND I DRINK IN PUBLIC.

Simple, just do this:
    Last edited by rojam2; 2012-05-11 at 06:54 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Khatolic View Post
    i can drink ice tea, coke, and ice juice while on the move so why not have a beer ??
    You can drink anything you want, beer does nothing to actually encourage you to move and in fact is significantly less healthy than a tea or coke or juice.

If you are really at the point where you have some weird chemical need to drink beer like any of those things, put it in a soda bottle or a thermos.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hold the bottle so that your palm covers the 'face' and your fingertips support the bottom.

oh, and turn around to chug from it.

Quote Originally Posted by Thunderlight View Post
    Buy vodka instead and pour it in to a water bottle. Then drink in any place. Buy some breath mints if the smell of alcohol could be problematic.
    Vodka does not have an lingering aroma which is why alcoholics favor it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Wildo View Post
    Vodka does not have an lingering aroma which is why alcoholics favor it.
    I can testify to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by melodramocracy View Post
    Gold and the 'need' for it in-game is easily one of the most overblown mindsets in this community.

But why in public? why not at a home. That's just attention whoring right there. OH LOOK IM 12 AND I DRINK IN PUBLIC.
    because you take what you have with you and drink it one the way - and you only need to be 16 to drink here anyway... Its not because people like to show off - they just want a cheap buzz before going partying with friends and the best buzz is the one achieved just before entering :P

Deleted
    because you take what you have with you and drink it one the way - and you only need to be 16 to drink here anyway... Its not because people like to show off - they just want a cheap buzz before going partying with friends and the best buzz is the one achieved just before entering :P
    Didn't answer my question, my question why under way and not at home. You have to be 16 in the netherlands also. It's an irrelevant response.

Your answer was kinda like this:

Hey, What do you want to eat? Cheese or Ham?

Which you reply to: Yes.
    Last edited by mmoc5886693a05; 2012-05-11 at 07:18 PM.

Deleted
    There are many reasons why you might want to drink a couple of beers in public. The park, the beach, just anywhere out in the sun in general.
    But no, if you like to have a beer with your sun, you had better have your own garden. Live in a small flat? Sucks to be you.

I've always found the "no drinking in public" rules to be silly. Wouldn't a better rule be "no drunks in public"?
    It hurts noone if me and by friends bring a sixpac down to the beach, or to the park when we are kicking a football for fun. Not unless we get proper drunk, and most people (believe it or not!) can drink without getting shitfaced.
    If anything, i'd say that the "hide the alcohol out of sight" mentality promotes heavy drinking over social drinking.

Didn't answer my question, my question why under way and not at home. You have to be 16 in the netherlands also. It's an irrelevant response.
    As i said - the best buzz is gotten just before going into the bar - and there is the off chance of getting sober on the way!
    Or sometimes you just arrange going at a particular time and still have beer left and then you just take it with you and drink it on the way...

Deleted
    As i said - the best buzz is gotten just before going into the bar - and there is the off chance of getting sober on the way!
    Or sometimes you just arrange going at a particular time and still have beer left and then you just take it with you and drink it on the way...
    Again 12-year-old mentality? I don't get it. It's not happening around here anyways. You just either drink in at home or drink at the club. not on the street.

Again 12-year-old mentality? I don't get it. It's not happening around here anyways. You just either drink in at home or drink at the club. not on the street.
    When a drink costs you over 10 € then you drink yourself hammered outside - or you wont be able to afford a night out... Has nothing to do with showing off - we would like people to keep to their own god damm business and we will keep to ours which is what happens in Denmark...

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by warpath2k View Post
    Only Illegal in certan area's. EG town centers. Most other places last time I looked was ok.
    That's it, then. I got stopped by the police in England once with a beer in my hand, but that was on the main street of the town at around 22.00, so what you're saying is probably true.
    Buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo buffalo buffalo Buffalo buffalo.

Deleted
    When a drink costs you over 10 € then you drink yourself hammered outside - or you wont be able to afford a night out... Has nothing to do with showing off - we would like people to keep to their own god damm business and we will keep to ours which is what happens in Denmark...
    Still no reason for me xD But ye it might just be denmark then. Maybe because we're kinda more free in drinking and drugs.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Toralin View Post
    It's illegal in England? Are you 100% sure? If so the police in my county are terrible...
    i think it is, but here they dont mind so much, if you're in a busy street they might move you on, but if you're on the beach or in a field they dont care :P and yeah the police here are terrible

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by sheffield View Post
    Any experienced drinker will know that breath mints / gum do not cover the smell of alcohol.
    AKA a alcoholic? :P

Being that I hate beer, it wouldn't be a problem for me but it reminds me of my first job. I was working in a 7-11 store and a school bus full of kids pulls up outside and the driver comes into the store. She asks for a slurpee and then asks me to put it in a paper bag. She says, "If the kids see it, they'll all want one or a sip of mine". I told her, "You know what, if I was a kid again and the driver of my school bus comes back on the bus drinking something out of a paper bag, I'm getting off the bus and walking the rest of the way home".
    Desktop ------------------------------- Laptop- Asus ROG Zephyrus G14
    AMD Ryzen 5 5600X CPU ---------------AMD Ryzen 9 6900HS with Radeon 680M graphics
    AMD RX 6600XT GPU -------------------AMD Radeon RX 6800S discrete graphics
    16 GB DDR4-3200 RAM ----------------16 GB DDR5-4800 RAM
    1 TB WD Black SN770 NVMe SSD ------1 TB WD Black SN850 NVMe SSD