Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

MoP Ending: Warchief Thrall

UNOFFICIAL Preview: Warchief Thrall

Leaders of the Horde: Thrall
    Thrall, former warchief of the Horde, has recently taken up the mantle as Azeroth's greatest shaman. After the turmoil of the Cataclysm, the races of Azeroth have met with a shortage of supplies. Many skirmishes rage across Kalimdor and the Eastern Kingdoms, not even the mystical island of Pandaria is spared the warfare. In these battles atrocious warcrimes are being committed and the one who will stand to answer for that is Garrosh Helscream.
    Having been revealed to be the expansion's final boss, it rests to see who shall take up the mantle of Warchief of the Horde.

Warchief Thrall
    Early speculation has pointed out that Thrall might reclaim his former title, though it is also said that he will leave that honor to another. In this preview you will be shown what could be if Thrall decides to take up the mantle.

Once again sporting the black plated armor of Orgrim Doomhammer as well as his mighty hammer, the Doomhammer, Thrall's stature is imposing as ever.
    Laying down the garments that matched his new found inner peace for a battle-ready attire, Thrall has once again sacrificed himself for the greater good of the Horde. With the Alliance seeking any exploitable weakness in the Horde, Thrall knows that he must take up the mantle as Warchief in front of High King of the Alliance, Varian. In doing so, he might very well save the Horde from an assault at the hands of the Alliance, wanting to turn this siege in an effort to strike a decisive blow to the confused and scattered Horde. Before Thrall can enjoy his peace with his wife and unborn child, he needs to step up once more and protect the Horde as their temporary Warchief.

Other previews of how I envision leaders of the Horde to become the next Warchief include
    • Vol'jin
    • Baine Bloodhoof
    • Sylvanas
    • Varok Saurfang
    (Will only be posted if this topic is liked enough)

IMPORTANT: This is not official!!! This is MY idea of what could happen.

So anyone here think this is what could happen at the end of MoP?
    At first it was hinted that Thrall would return, then they said it was not so clear cut that he would become the Warchief. In this personal take on the matter, he becomes a temporary warchief out of need to unite the Horde, but leaves plenty of space for a worthy succesor to step up sooner rather than later.

The artwork is made by Intaanis/Vaanel. Credits to him, for creating such an awesome rendition of how Warchief Thrall could look like in WoW.
    This rendition can be found along with his other rendition of important warcraft characters on his youtube channel:
    http://www.youtube.com/user/Intaanis

EDIT:

Since a few of you asked where the picture was from, well its a picture of the model made by artist and warcraft fan Vaanel. He made a movie of it (and a lot of his other warcraft models on his channel):
    Last edited by Vasti; 2012-05-07 at 08:35 PM.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow he looks badass :O Yes I think this could happen at the end of MOP

Varian Wrynn will be Warchief of the Horde, King of Stormwind, Military commander of the Alliance, and overseer of the Human occupation of Orgrimmar
    Rest In Peace, World of Warcraft. Subscriber count doesn't matter, WoW has been dead in spirit for a while
    Rest In Peace, Star Wars the Old Republic. SWTOR is a fun RPG, but a bad MMO

I predict that this thread will confuse a lot of people.

Nesingwary for warcheif. War on all of Azeroth's critters next expansion
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0H3-N9zoI5c Amazing video of 60+ devilsaurs raiding Undercity!

My God, what a horrible creation. People seeing what they want? Thank God they tried to shy away from that. I know it pisses me off when I'm in an heroic raid, yet in the back of my head all I can think is 'some casual player is playing a heroic dungeon and not wiping.' -Vodkarn

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't post using Blizzquotes for user-made content. That is confusing for posters

He's...beautiful. *wipes away tear*
    I want to see the others!

Deleted
    Thrall's too late already.
    Since, of course, we players killing leaders is not considered cannon, yet whomever kills the warchief of the Horde gets to become the new warchief we need to find the one npcs who killed Garrosh. Shandris Feathermoon. So, Horde, Shandris Feathermoon is your warchief.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Don't post using Blizzquotes for user-made content. That is confusing for posters
    Confusing? It says unofficial in big bold letters at the top....the poster is identified as myself, the source links direct to NON-blizzard non-official youtube/facebook pages.
    In the quote, I say that it is my personal view, Under the quote, again in bold, I repeat that it is not official.
    If that is confusing to anyone, they had it coming. Posters need to read before posting, if anything the blizzquotes would just identify people who cba to read the post before replying. Making it noticeable to other valid posters which posters are too lazy to read.
    If people see blizzquotes and have a pavlov reaction that it is official, why is that my problem?
    Taking away the blizzquotes, ruined the text....It was supposed to read as a blue-post, signifying how it 'could' look if blizzard decided to go this route.
    Now it just looks out of place

Quote Originally Posted by Arnorei View Post
    Thrall's too late already.
    Since, of course, we players killing leaders is not considered cannon, yet whomever kills the warchief of the Horde gets to become the new warchief we need to find the one npcs who killed Garrosh. Shandris Feathermoon. So, Horde, Shandris Feathermoon is your warchief.
    Is that actual lore, that killing the warchief makes the killer the new warchief? I have never read that anywhere...would provide an interesting situation if Varian gets the killing blow :P
    Also, why do you think Shandris gets the killing blow?
    Last edited by Vasti; 2012-05-07 at 06:45 PM.
    WoW characters that need/deserve to get killed/punished/otherwise removed from the story: Tirion(dead now), Thrall, Malfurion, Sylvanas(soon?), Jaina, Tyrande

I. Want. More
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that with his "unique" Cataclysm skeleton? Can't tell from the pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Vasti View Post
    Is that actual lore, that killing the warchief makes the killer the new warchief?
    That is how Doomhammer became warchief.

Thrall looks like a gorilla in that picture.

I don't think he needs yet ANOTHER new model. I don't mind new models, but some other characters are really high on priorty for new models. Thrall should be staying back in the line for his turn.

10+ Year Old Account
    People can hate on Thrall all they like, I have liked Thrall as a character since WC3 and I would love him to return to his Horde. Hopefully as plot lines continue he can become a more mature version of Garrosh who thinks about everyone in the Horde and not just the Orcs when it comes to war.

10+ Year Old Account
    Is that actual lore, that killing the warchief makes the killer the new warchief? I have never read that anywhere...would provide an interesting situation if Varian gets the killing blow :P
    Also, why do you think Shandris gets the killing blow?
    No, you can CHALLENGE the warchief if you are honoured enough within the horde ranks (peons and foot soldiers cant challenge anybody for instance), and he has the right to accept it or not. If you win, you are the new warchief.
    If you kill the current warchief, you better have enough friends or you will get owned.
    People take stupidity to a whole new level when they sit in front of a computer.

www.poepra2.com.br Um blog para quem prefere jogos multiplayer.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by sebun View Post
    That is how Doomhammer became warchief.
    Not much proof that that's how it works in the New Horde, as we've only seen the one sucession yet, and that was an appointment by the old warchief.
    Looking for Raid: you will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. Come - we must be cautious.

I hope Thrall doesn´t return, but this preview looks pretty badass.

Also, the reason given for him to return makes sense! To put crybaby Varian back to where he belongs, OUT of Orgrimar, AWAY from the Horde, shaking in his little throne in Stormwind for the return of the former and powerfull Warchief, who might not be willing to suck Alliance insults anymore!

After the defeat of Garrosh by Horde & Alliance forces, the citizens cheer for Thrall to reclaim his position. Thrall does this briefly become Warchief again but during this time he tells the crowd, that he cannot remain Warchief. He tells them it's not in the best interest of Horde and Alliance relations that someone of his stature take this role. Furthermore he goes on the state his main focus now is his family and doesn't want to raise his child within the confines of the city. Rather seek out other locations to further his learning and understanding of the elements and the world. Tirion is present and says a wise man once spoke the words that no king shall rule forever. Thrall nods in agreement and says his first and final act as Warchief will be the appointment of a new leader. He assigns Rexxar explaining he is best fitted for the position due to his views on war and wrecklessness. Having once left the Horde because of it's folly ways of war, he was without a doubt best suited to best maintain as much peace as possible with the Alliance. Thrall goes onto say however too much power to one individual will most times lead to corruption. He says the Warchief will also have a council of 5 members to prevent corruption and greed and keep all points and opinions in check. Thrall then appoints Drek'Thar & Varok Saurfang to the council saying they will need to keep busy with the wars that have ended in Ashenvale and Alterac Valley. Rexxar then chooses Vol'jin and a new Goblin leader [NYI] that has replaced Gallywix who sided with Garrosh. To better help represent the other races within the Horde. Nazgrel then speaks up stating he would like to become a member, and that him and his people would like permanent residence in Orgrimmar because there is no need for them to occupy the Hellfire Peninsula. He goes on to state he would like to act as Chief of Security in case another force such as The Searing Blade that corrupted Garrosh returns. Thrall and Rexxar nod in agreement and Thrall states "It shall be done." Baine Bloodhoof & Lor'themar Theron both speak up to remind them of the remains of followers of Sylvannas that may be hidden within the Forsaken. Thrall, Rexxar & and the current counsel members state for security reasons the Forsaken will be aloud to visit Orgrimmar however permanent residence will not be aloud for any Forsaken within the City. Until it can be determined what caused Sylvannas betrayal and if she still has loyal followers within the Forsaken. Baine and Lor'themar state there current situation is similar. In Silvermoon many cults and followers have been springing up in the name of Kael'thalas who he believes could be returning and corrupting as many people as possible in order to gain power. His magisters believe he has not yet gained a mortal body but is seeking too. Lor'themar stats his people should be governed with the same security restrictions as the Forsaken until otherwise. Baine also mentions Magatha Grimtotem isn't truly dead after her betrayal and defeat during the siege on Orgrimmar. Her spirit and influence still has followers within the Tauren, and asks that in the interest of the Horde that he not sit on the counsel yet. Rexxar states he will allow the new Dire Trolls who were corrupted and freed during the siege refuge within the Horde and he will not sentence them to death. As he believes with Garrosh's death that they have the minds of the individuals they once were. He goes on to that the Stonemaul Clan will now be more active members within the Horde and will take residence here. With Tharg acting as their leader while I over see the Horde as a whole.

This then leads to Orges becoming playable in the next expansion.

:O

That's how Thrall should be.

Deleted
    Lor'themar Theron 2012