Thread: 'Life' advice

'Life' advice

Alright, so I'm quite recently 18 years, and I feel I don't have the experience to just go out in the world you know.
    Anyway, having been indoors almost all of my life I should feel comfortable living at home, but I really don't. Here's where my problem lies. Since child age (8 or so) I've been having trouble just doing stuff at home, it could be school work, cleaning, working you know pretty much everything, and lately it's really been getting worse.

I've never had a job, a girlfriend, I don't go out on the weekends, I'm pretty much not doing shit, which is weird because I have soo much spare time. I don't even spend that much time gaming, and I honestly don't know where this spare time disappear. So basically, I started thinking you know, why am I feeling this way, why can't I go out, do my school projects? And the only thing I feel is hindering me is living at home, I can't be myself at home for some reason.

Again, I don't have any job, I go to school, which is some sort of high school I guess (upper secondary maybe?) and I can't really afford dropping out or failing since I wan't to continue to university. Anyway, what can I do? I need some advice because I feel like I can't move on in my life living at home, and I just can't bring myself to getting a job simply because of the fact I'm living at home. I know it's weird, it must be some kind of phsycological block.

So, I want to move out, but moving while in school is a really hard thing, especially since I don't have a job, and therefore no income. My family isn't rich, so they can't provide me with any money for a place, but I just feel I can't finish school while I live at home.

What can I do?

Deleted
    Don't drink the stuff under the sink.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    Finish school.

Nothing is as hard as you make it out to seem. Especially at that age.

---------- Post added 2012-05-11 at 11:08 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by DiceDice View Post
    Don't drink the stuff under the sink.

This also helps.

Honestly it sounds like there is something else going on there. But internet diagnosis are terrible things. I would talk to your doctor about how you're feeling and see what they say first.

Moving out could be an eye opening experience for you as well... There is also the fact that if you can stick it out till college maybe you'll be able to get a dorm on campus.

I wouldn't make any hasty decisions, especially considering you have not finished high school yet.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't quite understand the "I can't get a job because I live at home" thing. What would stop you from getting a job? It just sounds like you aren't motivated (though it may well be more than that)

You've basically painted a situation where there are no desirable outcomes for you.

If you can't finish school until you move out, then you have to get a job.

Getting a job sucks. Nobody wants to work a shitty minimum wage filler job, but just look at it as a means to an end.

I wouldn't jump straight into University if you still feel this way after secondary. Far too many people go to Uni right after secondary, with no motivation, simply because 'it's what people do' or because of their friends. It's a really bad decision, flunking out of a course due to lack of motivation is probably one of the worst things you can do. Take a year or two out if you need to, figure out what you want, how to get it (small steps at a time) and then if Uni is what you want, do it. You have to have some sort of plan, instead of going through the motions.

If I were you, I would see a doctor about it. You may be suffering from some light kind of depression? I am no doctor so I shall not diagnose you, but you should really talk to someone about this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lochglen View Post
    I am wondering if Blizzard are going to give the Alliance the 5 mounts because the worgen have running wild, the horde have 5 new mounts , i just think they should balance it out, how say you all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Rixis View Post
    hows about you give half your money to africa because you have more than them, and it's not balanced
    no? didn't think so

It feels like some key information is missing from your home life. Do you have a lot of responsibilty and your spare time, while plenty, is fractured?