Diablo 3 questions, answer em up plz :)

Okay so i have some nooby questions for you guys..

So in D3 there is regular, nightmare, hell and Inferno stages of the game.. At what level can i progress to Nightmare and is the normal campaign over? And in nightmare/hell and beyond if i die i lose my toon forever??

plz elaborate , kinda confused a tad bit on the leveling of this game. so i can't just level to 60 normally like the last 20 levels would be in nightmare where i can't die and once u get 60 you then can do inferno where you definitely can't die right?

Deleted
    as far as i know it is:
    end of normal: level 30
    end of nightmare: level 50
    end of hell: level 60
    inferno: level 60 only

and if you die nothing will happen, maybe you will lose some exp needed to the next level like in diablo 2

unless you play the hardcore mode, then it is: one death = char will never be able to enter a game again

Normal campaign finishes at the end, Nightmare/Hell/Inferno is the exact same game with ramped up difficulty.

Norm shuld be to about 1 to 25-30

Nightmare 30 to 45 or 50

Hell 50 to 60

Inferno 60

You only lose your character if you die in Hardcore mode, which you can select when making your character. If you make just a normal, non hardcore character you can die as many times as you please.

Expect to die more often in harder difficulties, Inferno will be extremely difficult.

Deleted
    well... you wont loose your toon at any point theres no perma death, dunno where you got that idea but its wrong ... ehm.

oh yeah reminds me there was a hardcore or something mode where if you die it goes perma dead no?
    Last edited by mmoc9616daefb1; 2012-05-12 at 08:16 PM.

Deleted
    In softcore you can die on any difficulty without any penalties other than repair costs.
    In hardcore it's game over if you die at any stage, including normal.

The exact levels aren't set in stone - you can level up in a lower difficulty if you want, and you may need to if your gear isn't up to scratch, so it'll be slightly different for different people. If you want to play it safe because you're playing hardcore, it'll probably be wiser to stay in a lower difficulty until you're confident enough to move on.... but as for softcore, dying doesn't matter, at any stage, other than gold costs.

Normal mode you should be level 30-31 by the end, since the first enemies you encounter in Nightmare are level 31. They're level 51 on Hell, and 61 on Inferno.
    So you should be levels 30-31 at the end of Normal, 50-51 at the end of Nightmare, and level 60 at the end of Hell difficulty.

you need to beat the game on each difficult to play the next difficulty.

you don't lose your character when you die.

you need to beat the game once on normal to play a hardcore character.

hardcore characters are lost when they die, but I'm pretty sure you can just move a hardcore character to softcore when it dies.

That means there are 8 game modes, normal, nightmare, hell, inferno, normal HC, nightmare HC, hell HC, inferno HC

Quote Originally Posted by molodirazz View Post
    well... you wont loose your toon at any point theres no perma death, dunno where you got that idea but its wrong ... ehm.

oh yeah reminds me there was a hardcore or something mode where if you die it goes perma dead no?
    yea hardcore, there's permadeath.

Quote Originally Posted by Eggowaffles View Post
    Also in regards to difficulty:

http://i.imgur.com/ENjxW.png
    bahaha, couldn't have put it any better.

So after I beat normal difficulty and my character is level 30. Do I have to make a new character to play nightmare difficulty? And another character for each subsequent difficulty?
    I know I have to make a new character to play hardcore, but I'm not interested in hardcore mode.

No. You use the same toon progressing from normal -> nightmare -> hell -> inferno.

Quote Originally Posted by BaseStamp View Post
    So after I beat normal difficulty and my character is level 30. Do I have to make a new character to play nightmare difficulty? And another character for each subsequent difficulty?
    I know I have to make a new character to play hardcore, but I'm not interested in hardcore mode.
    No you keep your character with its level and gear and skills and everything, it just resets the story and make ennemies at the start as difficult as they were on the end of the previous difficulty.
    Each difficulty are subsequent in a linear way, and not parallel like most games.