Thread: Audio Issues

10+ Year Old Account

Audio Issues

Every time I turn off my TV ( Monitor ) or go AFK for a little while and come back, the audio stops working on my computer. On the sound mixer, where the audio should be coming out of is HDMI Audio output. This is always "unplugged" when I come back and the issue is present. To fix it I either have to restart my computer, or re install my driver for my graphics card. This is incredibly annoying. I have done research online for the issue but cannot find an answer. Anyone have any suggestions?

Radeon 6870 card

Deleted
    You could try disabling the "AMD External Events Utility" service

Deleted
    Let me just get it straight, are you using any sound from your TV or are you using a pair of speakers or headphones?

And have you tried to connect your TV with DVI instead of HDMI, since HDMI transfer both video and audio.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    Let me just get it straight, are you using any sound from your TV or are you using a pair of speakers or headphones?

And have you tried to connect your TV with DVI instead of HDMI, since HDMI transfer both video and audio.
    He wants his sound out of his TV, so he needs HDMI.

Everytime this happens, try going to device manager and on "Sound, video and game controllers" right-click then select "Scan for Hardware changes".

I don't know about a permanent fix, as this never happens for me, though I have a 6970. - It may be that your TV goes into standby mode rather than your computer ("Turn off the Display" it's called in Windows), and the way your TV handles it is by turning off the sound part completely.
    Have you tried changing the channel and the volume on the TV itself?
    If just your TV is switching off and not windows "Turning off the Display" then it may be better to set Windows to knock off first, then your TV.
    Last edited by Yohassakura; 2012-05-12 at 06:48 PM.
    Computer: Intel I7-3770k @ 4.5GHz | 16GB 1600MHz DDR3 RAM | AMD 7970 GHz @ 1200/1600 | ASUS Z77-V PRO Mobo|