Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious about the healing output of this version of the spell. Is it the same?

Nonetheless, it's great for pugs and LFR and maybe random BGs if holy becomes good for PvP.
    But a waste of a glyph for regular and heroic raiding.
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

See response of mine in the beta megathread: Sooo terrible. It's funny, really. An ICD on a HoT that triggers on someone already with a health deficit (so you already have a heal incoming)... It'll take 70 seconds to use your Lightspring (at the earliest), and can't be sped up during times of intense damage (where lightwell shines).

Glyph of Lightspring is a sign of a terrible priest in a group of bads, it's not a replacement for that.
    ~Former Priest/Guild Wars 2 Moderator~
    Now TESTING: ArcheAge (Alpha)
    Now PLAYING: MonoRed Burn (MtG Standard)
    Twitter: @KelestiMMO come say hi!
    ~When you speak, I hear silence. Every word a defiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    I'm gonna assume that that 30 min cd will be reduced to say maybe 1-5 min cd. Doesn't seem like something of great importance on a long cd

Quote Originally Posted by Kelesti View Post
    It'll take 70 seconds to use your Lightspring (at the earliest), and can't be sped up during times of intense damage (where lightwell shines).
    How to you get the 70 seconds? It doesn't read "every 5 second it will attempt to heal -ONE-". It's "attempt to heal party and raid member-S-".

See response of mine in the beta megathread: Sooo terrible. It's funny, really. An ICD on a HoT that triggers on someone already with a health deficit (so you already have a heal incoming)... It'll take 70 seconds to use your Lightspring (at the earliest), and can't be sped up during times of intense damage (where lightwell shines).

Glyph of Lightspring is a sign of a terrible priest in a group of bads, it's not a replacement for that.
    Why does the glyph make the priest bad? Some people work like a hebrew slave and the only "raiding" they can do is lfr which is full of people who dont click the lightwell

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Forgottenone View Post
    This is perfect, in my raid group people have no problem clicking the lightwell but can be distracted. In LFR/PuGs it is completely horrible how many people just ignore Lightwell despite messages in /say, /raid and raid warnings.
    I really wish they kept it the old way because it really set the group farther apart instead of just having a healer carry the group and dps blame them for letting them die. When they could just counter by going you didnt click the lightwell so stfu kind of theory.

Then again if they're going to implement this kind of glyph, expect your other hps average from other spell to go down.

Quote Originally Posted by MuskiER View Post
    Then again if they're going to implement this kind of glyph, expect your other hps average from other spell to go down.
    I would agree with that assumption, HOWEVER, at the moment both tooltips are the same 5735 base healing number... so unless they have different SP coefficients.....

Quote Originally Posted by fadedmind View Post
    Why does the glyph make the priest bad? Some people work like a hebrew slave and the only "raiding" they can do is lfr which is full of people who dont click the lightwell
    When LFRs need more than half the group to not be afk, it might be a relevant point. As it is, I can top healing by shielding for Rapture and smite spamming, where Lightwell is not needed in any form even if it were to be used.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MuskiER View Post
    I really wish they kept it the old way because it really set the group farther apart instead of just having a healer carry the group and dps blame them for letting them die. When they could just counter by going you didnt click the lightwell so stfu kind of theory.

Nothing forces you to use it. I, for one, will definitely not use it since it takes up a precious major glyph spot (on top of being kinda useless since no control over it). They won't balance other heals around it anyway so.

EDIT: Just be vocal about it. And get a group that can click it. /noproblem
    >>Because having a signature is so mainstream.<<

10+ Year Old Account
    Mother fucker. At least my raid members are competent enough for this to not be needed, moving along.
    Last edited by ramennoodleking; 2012-05-12 at 08:27 PM.

It's hard to say no to Yoo-Hoo chocolate drinks...the name literally beckons.
    Tactical Disaster - Stormrage-US
    16/16 Heroic T14
    10/13 Heroic T15

Quote Originally Posted by Kaesebrezen View Post
    {{insert KHAAAN! image here}}

--

Seriously though, back to the real topic:
    the lightwell glyph means that Lightwell can no longer be treated as healing utility.
    And THAT is actually pretty bad news!
    Last edited by Danner; 2012-05-12 at 08:54 PM. Reason: I need to learn to read
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

Glyph of Lightspring Holy
    Transforms your Lightwell into a Lightspring.

Lightspring
    Creates a Holy Lightspring. Every 5 sec the Lightspring will attempt to heal party and raid members lower than 50% health for 5735 over 6 sec. Attacks done to the target equal to 30% of your total health will cancel the effect. Lightspring lasts for 3 min or until 15 heals are expended.

only heals people under 50%.... due to wording not sure if every 5 seconds it scans the raid for people under 50% and heals them, max of 15... or every 5 seconds scans the raid and heals one of them, max of 15 heals

Quote Originally Posted by Danner View Post
    Seriously though, back to the real topic:
    the lightwell glyph means that Lightwell can no longer be treated as healing utility.
    And THAT is actually pretty bad news!
    Uh... why?
    It's a glyph, it's not essential.

Imnick:

I retract my statement. I missed the "every 5 seconds" part. My apologies.
    Non-discipline 2006-2019, not supporting the company any longer. Also: fails.
    MMO Champion Mafia Games - The outlet for Chronic Backstabbing Disorder. [ Join the Fun | Countdown | Rolecard Builder MkII ]

...thefuck
    Well Kelesti, I guess you have to ban Blizzard now!

Quote Originally Posted by derevka View Post
    Lightspring is interesting. Especially after "We will not make a TOC light well. "
    Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    YOUR JOKING RIGHT????

All this time Blizz have maintained that they don't want to make lightwell "like that" and BOOM here we are. Hilarious!
    Things that Blizzard once said will never happen:

-Realm transfers
    -Faction/Race changes
    -Having characters of both factions on the same realm

etc. etc. Blizz always goes back on their word. Which is why nowadays, they use the term "We currently have no plans to ___", so that they're not saying "No we will never", they're saying "Not right now, but possible"
    Last edited by Vook; 2012-05-12 at 09:06 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

The coefficients are interesting in the tooltips. Unglyphed seems to have an advantage given how it seems to outscale... then again, the new glyph is still untested, and we're just speculating off tooltips. We'll need to wait for the Beta Servers to come online to really look at the differences between the two and how it operates.

Lightwell
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/724-lightwell
    Friendly players can click the Lightwell to restore (((5,735 + 30.8% of Spell Power) * 3) * 1.15) health over 6 sec.

Lightspring
    http://www.wowdb.com/spells/126133-g...ng#15677-15689
    Lightspring will attempt to heal party and raid members lower than 50% health for (5,735 + 55.3% of SP) over 6 sec.

Its those multipliers that have regular LW outpace LS.
    Last edited by derevka; 2012-05-12 at 09:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cephius View Post
    YOUR JOKING RIGHT????

All this time Blizz have maintained that they don't want to make lightwell "like that" and BOOM here we are. Hilarious!

Not that I'm complaining.

Also the other stuff looks like SEX!
    I got a good laugh out of this as well. Gotta hand it to them though they managed to delay this for ages.
    Pretend this is a amazing sig with my character holding an legendary.

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    Well Kelesti, I guess you have to ban Blizzard now!
    Oh, can I, can I?

15+ Year Old Account
    The instant I saw this, I came up with the line in my sig.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kel-chan! y u be so hatin on meh? makes me very sadpanda