Page 20 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    It's kind of inevitable at this point.
    It'll obviously be Cthulhu and Magikarp.

10+ Year Old Account
    Forgot to check new brackets. I can't believe superman lost! :<

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anakso View Post
    Forgot to check new brackets. I can't believe superman lost! :<
    if anyone would beat Superman, it would be Ganon. Superman is vulnerable to magic

Just a suggestion, but in the links on the matches, rather than simply linking to the generic Wikipedia page it would probably be a lot more practical and useful to link to the wiki page specific to the universe from which the character originates (like dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Goku or marvel.wikia.com/Galactus_(Earth-616))

10+ Year Old Account
    New ones up and stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Darnash View Post
    Just a suggestion, but in the links on the matches, rather than simply linking to the generic Wikipedia page it would probably be a lot more practical and useful to link to the wiki page specific to the universe from which the character originates (like dragonball.wikia.com/wiki/Goku or marvel.wikia.com/Galactus_(Earth-616))
    I think I did it for a couple, but with Round 2, I've been doing the lazy and copy/pasting as much as I could from the first Round.

Deleted
    This game needs a Sargeras Vs Khorne round.

o.o

I've been monitoring this for awhile, haven't really joined the discussions or anything. So far, it looks petty interesting. But I can't help but thinking that the finals will probably be Goku VS. Gohan or Vegeta... sadly.

I really think only one character per universe should of been allowed. Too many OP DBZ characters just wrecking the entire thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Digglett View Post
    I really think only one character per universe should of been allowed. Too many OP DBZ characters just wrecking the entire thing.
    I dunno if that would be fair to universes with tons of characters (for instance, Marvel or DC, but in that case it could be argued that each Superhero has his/her separate universe). But I agree with what you're saying. I'm a bit sad to see the DBZ characters just knocking out characters that would be interesting competition (Example: Revan, Sauron)

We get it already, this has been bitched about since pretty much day 1.

10+ Year Old Account
    Already said an infinite amount of times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    I dunno if that would be fair to universes with tons of characters (for instance, Marvel or DC, but in that case it could be argued that each Superhero has his/her separate universe). But I agree with what you're saying. I'm a bit sad to see the DBZ characters just knocking out characters that would be interesting competition (Example: Revan, Sauron)
    I said this earlier as well. Didn't want to convolute the rules.

Quote Originally Posted by Callax View Post
    I've been monitoring this for awhile, haven't really joined the discussions or anything. So far, it looks petty interesting. But I can't help but thinking that the finals will probably be Goku VS. Gohan or Vegeta... sadly.
    I'll be honest, I'm fairly certain that Dr. Manhattan and Cthulu (and possibly Ganon?) will make it to the top, mostly out of popularity (I mean, last I checked Magikarp beat Magneto. Or someone of that effect.). If the victory was chosen based on debates, in all honesty, there wouldn't be too much to contest (with the end of DBGT and Goku's whole absorbing-the-dragonballs-and-their-powers thing, notions of potential competition sort of fall dead). But there are a lot more people who like others (Cthulu specifically), so we'll just have to see.
    Last edited by Chip Zvarri; 2012-06-26 at 04:43 AM.
    FC: 4441-9848-5442 (If you want any gen 1-6 starter, PM me or ask on steam)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    Yeah, and you're the only one bothered by it. So, excuse me princess

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    Count me bothered as well.

If you're unsatisfied with the brackets, you've got no one to blame but your fellow posters. Not Vegeta for being wtfawesome.
    Men!

Quote Originally Posted by LilSaihah View Post
    I picked Biden because he may throw Obama into the Death Star's reactor core, restoring balance to the Force.

Now having a ball on SWTOR!

Quote Originally Posted by Laurcus View Post
    It makes the competition not fun to us non DBZ fans.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Davendwarf View Post
    Count me bothered as well.

If you're unsatisfied with the brackets, you've got no one to blame but your fellow posters. Not Vegeta for being wtfawesome.
    I know, and I'm blaming them, don't worry

In other words
    "My character wasnt involved/voted out early, im going to cry about every other character"

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    In other words
    "My character wasnt involved/voted out early, im going to cry about every other character"
    Yeah no, actually the only character that could be "my" character was QB and I knew he was going to lose, try again Pickley.

Quote Originally Posted by pickles View Post
    In other words
    But it's been talked about since the mass of "vs threads" from before this thing was made. Simply put, your flaming is moot.

I never disagreed with you. In fact, I am all for limiting it to one character per universe. I myself only nominated one DBZ character, (Goku) and specifically limited myself to one character per universe. I just think the subject is a dead horse at this point. For reference, this was my original post from way back in the nomination thread.

"I'm gonna try and limit myself to one character from each universe.

1. Goku. Specifically, SS4, post GT 100 year time skip. I believe Goku to be the most powerful fictional character ever, and I will debate that point endlessly if needed. Goku needs no introduction, so that's all I'll say on that subject.

2. Kal-El (DC one million) aka Superman Prime. While technically not the strongest DC character, he wins on cool factor because The Presence is kind of lame.

3. The Living Tribunal from Marvel. He's basically a super god, what more needs to be said?

4. Dante post Devil May Cry 2, Majin form, wielding the Sparda. If you've never seen the Majin DT, it's basically the only good thing to come out of DMC 2, along with a few gameplay mechanics of course. And yes, I'm aware that he technically never used the Majin form and the Sparda at the same time, but think of the power!

5. Kratos, with the Blade of Olympus and the power of Hope fully unlocked. He is another character that needs no introduction, so I won't bother posting an image.

6. Toshin Raizen from Yu Yu Hakusho, before he started starving himself.

7. Moradin from D&D. Because you don't fuck with a level 49 greater deity.

8. Nerevarine from The Elder Scrolls 3 Morrowind. I won't post an image for obvious reasons, He's boss though, and an immortal demi god.

9. Sephiroth from Final Fantasy 7, because he can blow up a solar system.

10. Master Chief, from Halo. Why? Because he's actually a very underrated character. People that think Halo is super overrated don't even give him the time of day or bother to learn the lore. Because of that they ignore how awesome he actually is, as well as the fact that he's extremely superhuman and can lift over 100 tons. Poor Chief is a victim of his own success.

Note I based my list partially on what I think is cool. If I strictly wanted the most powerful characters ever, I would just put Goku at the top, and then throw in 9 random gods from various fictional settings. "

So yeah, that's a thing.

---------- Post added 2012-06-26 at 09:19 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Ms Andry View Post
    Keep tryin' bud. It's pretty laughable that you think anything on the internet bothers me though.