Page 12 of 22 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Damezumari View Post
    Killed a boss, boss drops TWO rare awesome xbows for my demon hunter, massive upgrades to my low lvl blue one. Game stops moving. Only option is to Alt+F4 out of the game as even log out doesn't work. Log back in. Roll back. No items. All achievements gone. Everything. Cool launch broheim.
    Cool story broheim.

Quote Originally Posted by Drudatz View Post
    So much for Activision not influencing Blizzard - since Activision bought Blizzard they release one fail after the other

such poor Qualitity would have been unthinkable under a Blizzard without Activision...

This sort of thing has been happening for years...long before the Activision merger.

Quote Originally Posted by Lastkaii View Post
    All I know is that I am going to bed at a normal time, going to work tomorrow, and coming home and playing. Not worth it to stay up and deal with server crap when I could be sleeping! I'm sure they will fix it soon though.
    Ditto. Not worth it to me to stay up and rush through a $60 game that has maybe 15 hours of playability for me i.e., every sp game that's been released in the last 4 years. (may do one of the harder modes) but I can only replay the same exact game on a different difficulty so many times.

*I hope the servers are down for a week! That'll teach you who took time off from work. Not really, just annoyed work just picked up in the last 2 weeks and I'll be working 30 hours overtime this week alone :/
    Last edited by Dazzy; 2012-05-15 at 01:29 AM.
    Apply blizzards model to any other subscription service,you'd be outraged:
    Netflix adds no new movies for a year, you click a new movie, there's a $5 fee.
    You're in an accident, click your onstar button, but there's an addition $20 fee for them to help.
    You turn on your tv only to find all you get are the infomercial channels. Every other show is pay per view.
    See how dumb that model is?

SWTOR did well in this area... they let people on waves. It was a smart call.

Quote Originally Posted by The Ogdru Jahad View Post
    Offline mode is not possible in D3. Since all items and monsters are generated server side, you wont be able to get or do ANYTHING in game unless your connected to the servers...which offline mode isn't.
    Thats not true. There are already Emulators that run D3 Beta offline. Give it 6 months and they'll have a functional server emulator, if it even takes that long.

10+ Year Old Account
    This is why I happily pre-ordered my physical copy from Amazon, will go to work tomorrow and when I get home my game will be waiting for install and the servers will be back up :P stress free for me

Quote Originally Posted by Regalbeast View Post
    This is why I happily pre-ordered my physical copy from Amazon, will go to work tomorrow and when I get home my game will be waiting for install and the servers will be back up :P stress free for me
    To me, i like the experience of going to midnight openings. Yes, the waiting around in line for shit. Its amusing as hell the stuff you hear in gaming lines for midnight launches.

Quote Originally Posted by PiOchagnon View Post
    As some of you may know the Asian launch was a complete disaster and now Europeans cannot get on.
    I hope for you guys that everything will be fixed soon and that US servers are going to be alright so that I can play :P
    So, i should ask do you know how server attack happens?

A server can only take so much attempt to login at a time.. If a server has a limit of only allowing 20,000 person to login in at a time... What do you expect to happen when 50k person try all at once to login?

Now i'm not saying these person are attacking the servers, its just that the servers are overwhelm from all the request it has to grant at one time..

So that's why they did the Asia and Euro launch first... Blizzard, you clever dogs, and here I thought it was because you didn't love US any more...

Quote Originally Posted by Exorsaik View Post
    Thats not true. There are already Emulators that run D3 Beta offline. Give it 6 months and they'll have a functional server emulator, if it even takes that long.
    That's still a server. It just happens to be on your computer. It's not like say SC2 where all the assets are already there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Land of the mighty moose, polar bears and fika.
    Welcome to any triple-A release.
    Active WoW player Jan 2006 - Aug 2020
    Occasional WoW Classic Andy since.
    Nothing lasts forever, as they say.
    But at least I can casually play Classic and remember when MMORPGs were good.

Wow what a night lol. Managed to get online at about 12 GMT and played through all of Act 1 on my beloved Barb. I've never been happier with a game I don't think.....I'm in this weird sleep exhausted zen state and completely content with the world. Thank you Blizzard.....even if you don't read these forums lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by DissPanda View Post
    Ooh look, now where have I seen this befo- OWAIT! Cata launch had the exact same problem!
    Everyone I know and their dog had a flawless Cataclysm launch.

I'm confused by this thread,

"The Americas (U.S., Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia) servers open at: 12:01 a.m. PDT, May 15"

Which is still 1.5 hrs off. Are you guys all euro players and already have access? And what's that about the Asian launch failing? It shouldn't have happened yet as far as I can see.

I don't understand what you guys are talking about lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Exorsaik View Post
    It's been 8 years and there still aren't any good WoW server emulators.
    Last edited by stalkerzzzz; 2012-05-15 at 05:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
    I'm confused by this thread,

"The Americas (U.S., Canada, Latin America, Australia, New Zealand, and South East Asia) servers open at: 12:01 a.m. PDT, May 15"

Which is still 1.5 hrs off. Are you guys all euro players and already have access? And what's that about the Asian launch failing? It shouldn't have happened yet as far as I can see.

I don't understand what you guys are talking about lol.
    You're a bit behind.

Asia launched hours and hours ago (normal has already been beaten) and EU launched what, 6 hours ago now? I forget exactly, but the US is last.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    You're a bit behind.

Asia launched hours and hours ago (normal has already been beaten) and EU launched what, 6 hours ago now? I forget exactly, but the US is last.
    By asia do you mean South East Asia? If so it sounds like their servers went up early. I am in Australia and still can't log on.

Quote Originally Posted by Nereth View Post
    By asia do you mean South East Asia? If so it sounds like their servers went up early. I am in Australia and still can't log on.
    Korea + Taiwan.

Deleted
    I logged in around 03:00am and just finished 1 Act.

Awesome game, better than i hoped. Smashing stuff with Barbarian.. blades and pieces of mobs swinging everywhere. Good times

EU server btw.

Deleted
    other MAJOR fails...i went to a midnight release and some godamn chinese familie with 5 people bought each 5 collectors edition...wth ? so i stood there almost 9th or 10th in line and NO CE....fuck this