Diablo 3 heavily LoL influenced?

I was lucky enough to get a guest pass from a friend so i decided to give diablo a look. I chose the witch doctor, got to level 8, killed the skeleton king and had a lot of fun doing it but one thing was on my mind the whole time, from the graphic style, to the simple interface, simple talent system even the animations really looked LoL inspired to me which is weird because i dont even play LoL that much. i dont know if its just me or did anyone else get this vibe? the game was also very easy, i dont think i went sub 50% the whole time and i was pulling some fairly big packs ( from memory my highest massacre was around 52 or something) Its very surprising to me to find D3 seems to be catering to a casual gamer were as i always assumed diablo was a hardcore market. granted i havent played the full game yet but these are just my thoughts, i believe i will play the game but after i finish the story im not sure how much of the hack'n'slash i could take before getting bored of it, there just doesnt seem to be enough there to hold long term interest other then the gear chase

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Pretty sure they started working on D3 long before LoL even saw the light of day.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Pretty sure they started working on D3 long before LoL even saw the light of day.
    this ^

10char

1. No. D3 was in production for far too long to be influenced by Lol.
    2. Normal difficulty IS supposed to be easy. Get to inferno and see how freaking hard it is out there.

Deleted
    Yes Diablo III is catering to casuals because you thought that the first part of act I in normal mode, up to level 8, was easy. Flawless logic right there. And no, it's not LoL influenced.

There's no way LoL influenced D3 due to how long it's been in development.
    I'd say it's more likely that D2 influenced LoL.

Quote Originally Posted by Davoo2080 View Post
    Yes Diablo III is catering to casuals because you thought that the first part of act I in normal mode, up to level 8, was easy. Flawless logic right there. And no, it's not LoL influenced.
    Can we just keep repeating this?
    Intel i7 2600k @ 4.6ghz | Corsair H70 | SLI GTX580 @ 850 Core | OCZ Vertex 2 90GB (Boot)
    G.Skill Ripjaws X 8GB RAM @ 1800mhz 8-9-8-24

Avid game lover and Twitch streamer @ twitch.tv/rendhammerTV

Deleted
    Watching the Method lvl 54 Hell Act2 live stream you see them dying once every 30 sec, at least. lol
    Not so easy anymore.

http://www.methodwow.com/content.php?page=justw8

Quote Originally Posted by Venziir View Post
    Just because they had started on Diablo before LoL came out doesn't mean that parts of D3 were changed to leech of the succes of LoL

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Siluz View Post
    I was lucky enough to get a guest pass from a friend so i decided to give diablo a look. I chose the witch doctor, got to level 8, killed the skeleton king and had a lot of fun doing it but one thing was on my mind the whole time, from the graphic style, to the simple interface, simple talent system even the animations really looked LoL inspired to me which is weird because i dont even play LoL that much. i dont know if its just me or did anyone else get this vibe? the game was also very easy, i dont think i went sub 50% the whole time and i was pulling some fairly big packs ( from memory my highest massacre was around 52 or something) Its very surprising to me to find D3 seems to be catering to a casual gamer were as i always assumed diablo was a hardcore market. granted i havent played the full game yet but these are just my thoughts, i believe i will play the game but after i finish the story im not sure how much of the hack'n'slash i could take before getting bored of it, there just doesnt seem to be enough there to hold long term interest other then the gear chase
    D3 development started before LoL. D3 is just a follow up to D2. D3 isn't influenced by LoL at all. Probably the other way around. Furthermore, you already made it to normal level 8. I want to see you say the same when you are in Hell.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Flitter View Post
    Watching the Method lvl 54 Hell Act2 live stream you see them dying once every 30 sec, at least. lol
    Not so easy anymore.

http://www.methodwow.com/content.php?page=justw8
    Oh good lord, that looks brutal (and they are further in the game then I am - and 2 difficulties higher... xD).

Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    That is just sick. And it is "only" hell. Well...on the upside, having had a few guardians in hardcore Diablo 2 I see that there is absolutely no way to be in inferno, maybe even hell as hardcore - the game might just lose appeal faster than D2 did.
    Well, if you are playing hardcore, you will probably farm more gear. How good do you think their gear is? It could probably be much better if they wouldn't rush through everything.

Quote Originally Posted by Marston View Post
    Well, if you are playing hardcore, you will probably farm more gear. How good do you think their gear is? It could probably be much better if they wouldn't rush through everything.
    Plus they'll know what they're running into the next time around.

But yeah, expect to take D3 very slowly on hardcore, the way things are looking. Too many bosses have gimmicky instakill ability if you're undergeared/leveled.

As per the OP's question, I can't help but see starcraft 2 everywhere I look in D3's graphics.
    Last edited by Lysah; 2012-05-15 at 05:29 PM.