Page 6 of 12 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryade View Post
    I'm pretty sure you don't possess the mental capacity to come to such a conclusion.
    Ad Hominem.

Shows how intellectually "superior" the cheerleaders are.

Deleted
    Whats wrong with the achievement? We knew it was coming since the first day they announced the account wide achievement system.

Don't see any problems with it. its just free points, most people will get it as most players play both sides. Dont like don't do it? if you play only 1 faction.

Its an achievement, what's the big deal?

Geez, calm down dude, it's just an achievement... No one says you must do it or actually play the character afterwards or spend money to get it... Just level an ally toon and then delete it when you're done or let it rot... With account-wide achievements I see this one as a sensible one and having one to level all classes to 90 should be done too, the altoholics will love it. If you don't, don't do it and calm down... It's just an achievement in a video game...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thalmar View Post
    You can get that one on one character
    Yeah i know ^^ it just came to my mind as it too required the player to get exalted with two rival factions, something a bit grindy.

In fact i've been "trying to start" the second faction on my main for ages xD

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Horsiechu View Post
    Ad Hominem.

I didn't know you could fit this much hypocrisy into a sentence.
    "Terror, darkness, power? The Forsaken crave not these things; the Forsaken ARE these things."

10+ Year Old Account
    Ad Hominem.

so your rebutal to an Ad Hominem falacy is... another Ad Hominem?......

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Migas11 View Post
    I just remembered something.

This achievement is as pointless as Hero of Shattrath, and just as mandatory.

"blizzard wants me to be exalted with BOTH factions? the nerve!"
    Hero of Shattrath

It is a Feat of Strength, i am doing it on my Main at the moment even though it awards no points. I like character progression more than running LFR on 10 chars, im just weird like that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hero of Shattrath

It is a Feat of Strength, i am doing it on my Main at the moment even though it awards no points. I like character progression more than running LFR on 10 chars, im just weird like that.
    Dude, stop for a moment and think about what you're saying. Does the new achievement states you HAVE to have fully geared characters in both factions?.... Level one to 90 then delete it or wtv, or better yet, dont do it if it annoys you so much...

I have 3 max level characters in ally and one lvl80 on horde, only for Hearld of Titans. Are the 3 max level characters fully geared? Somewhat, because i felt like it. Do i run DS on normal/LFR on all 3 every week? Hell no, once a week heroic ds on my main is all i can do.

I am an achievement/mount/pet whore. I'd do anything (well.....) ingame for those. You can see that, check my armory. Do i consider the achievement grind as chores? Ofc not! i do it because i get a big satisfaction everytime the achievement popup rings. No one is forcing me to do anything i don't want, much less on a game i pay to play.
    Last edited by Azgraal; 2012-05-18 at 09:59 AM.

Deleted
    I'm guessing that a large section of the player base already have level 85 toons on either side anyway, so not a long way to go.
    Last edited by mmoc591720fa53; 2012-05-18 at 10:03 AM.

Whoa...

I underestimated the dedication of the die hard Blizzard cheerleaders on this forum.

You will swallow everything Blizzard spoon feed you.

I guess i will have to level a Deathknight on the Alliance side of my realm and pretend doing that is not a huge waste of time and gold.
    Whenever I level a character, I make a couple of thousands plus of gold. :P

I'm guessing that a large section of the player base will ding this achi when they log in after it goes live.
    No. It's at lvl 90. But I get what you mean.

Anyway,

You all have fed this troll sooo much that he is going to explode. GG.

Mod Note: Infracted. Please don't accuse other users of trolling.
    Last edited by Rivin; 2012-05-18 at 10:30 AM.

ill just pay 40 bugs to go alli and back :x

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by JimmyHellfire View Post
    Whenever I level a character, I make a couple of thousands plus of gold. :P
    Precisely. Both my DK (mining/jc) and my rogue (herbalism/inscription) have repaid my main a LOT more than what i invested on them.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I already have level 85 Horde and Alliance, and I want to experience the story on both sides. Why is me getting an achievement for that a bad thing?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Smeggy View Post
    I'm guessing that a large section of the player base will ding this achi when they log in after it goes live.
    I will not and most players i know will not as well.

Deleted
    wow, on a forum that is basically 90% complaints and bitching about WoW, you have managed to create a thread in which your particular whine is universally derided. don't start the 'cheerleaders' bullshit either, look through the post history of anyone in this thread and you'll find plenty of negatives, I recognise the avatars. it just happens your complaint is so incredibly lopsided and unjustified that the community is uniting to show you just how unreasonable you're being.

it's hilarious to me too, the sheer hyperbole used in these threads; 'pathetic', 'hopeless', 'disgusting' etc. these words are usually reserved for child killings, not achievements in a video game.

the model is switching to account wide, so as a result they are introducing new achievements to reflect this. I like how you're being so selfish that you don't even consider that if someone else has 'wasted' the time to level one of each faction, they might deserve 10 achievement points for that. it's nice to acknowledge if someone does the content in this way, that's what achievements are for. all other achievements are by definition 'wastes of time and gold' as you call this one. maybe you want to focus on one character but I know people at 14k achievements points who are 8/8 Dragon Soul heroic for months and guess what? they are bored. here's motivation for them to play, don't act like such a bitch because the games not paced for your particular playstyle/playtime. jackass.

I like farming achievements i spend 33k on Sand stone drake, 16k on Mammoth and other crap.

Making me level alliance chars to fix the server imbalance or even worse Faction change for money is despicable even for a low standard company as Blizzard.
    Considering that every single content of the game has an achievement associated. You have to do it all when you decided to farm achievements. Whining that you don't want to do one part of the game but you feel forced because it has has (as always) an achievement associated and you farm achievements is one of the most moronic whines i have ever seen.

And it is proven that in a large player base there will always be someone that will whine about something.

If you really are serious about your whine then do it this way. Leave that achievement to last. When you actually have every single achievement aside from this one then you can start levelling an opposite faction alt.

I can bet that you'll be very occupied before you can actually complain on this matters.
    Quote Originally Posted by Oradraffe View Post
    MoP is not happening i can promise that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tric619 View Post
    Been playing since week 1 and still believe Mop is the next expac? >.>
    Quote Originally Posted by Feyrzhuk View Post
    MoP will never be a WoW expansion. Feel free to flame and ridicule me should I be proven wrong.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kafuka View Post
    No. It's at lvl 90. But I get what you mean.

Anyway,

You all have fed this troll sooo much that he is going to explode. GG.
    It is max level AKA 85 until MoP comes out.

And calling me troll is a infraction

Deleted
    I will not and most players i know will not as well.
    Coffee not kicked in yet, just realised that after I posted, but most players will have 85's on both factions at this stage, so not a long way to go.