Thread: Diablo 3 LVL30

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account

Diablo 3 LVL30

Hi Guys
    I just hit LVL30 on the beginning of act IV
    I understand im only on normal mode atm and to be honest im not quite sure how to get into the harder modes, i see lots of people saying im a LVL58 barbarian and so on but i cant see myself getting 28+ levels in the one act (i could be wrong given i only just started this act).

So my question is how do i level higher (of course finishing this act will help)?
    When grouping with people does this get me more experience (i only found this late last night grouped with a LVL29 to kill the first boss in heaven)?
    My understanding is plow thru on normal then do the bosses already killed in harder modes, How do i access harder modes and what is the level requirement ?
    Loot, Blue is Magic, Yellow is rare and Orange is legendary ? what stats should i go for with a monk as im finding very little floating combat text to tell me my numbers are going up with new items ?

your tips are appreciated.

Thanks
    Last edited by Orange post it; 2012-05-21 at 12:00 AM.

spoilers man.

btw just go do nightmare mode

10+ Year Old Account
    As soon as you finish normal mode you'll unlock nightmare. Then the fun begins. Also, more exp, gold and loot.

Deleted
    Hi.

Once you've completed act 4 and slain Diablo himself you'll be redirected back to the character selection screen, the difficulty should have automatically been switched to 'Nightmare' where you'll play through the 4 acts once again.

Have fun!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Completing normal at 30 is pretty much standard. Starting nightmare should be fine really. Oh and weapon dmg and dex ad monk.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Laríen View Post
    Hi.

Once you've completed act 4 and slain Diablo himself you'll be redirected back to the character selection screen, the difficulty should have automatically been switched to 'Nightmare' where you'll play through the 4 acts once again.

Have fun!
    Exxcellent just what i needed thank you very much, will edit my post to delete the spoiler sorry

What they ^^ said, once you finish normal you play through again automatically in nightmare/hell/inferno mode. You should be level 30 by the end of normal, so you're right on track. Also, as a monk, dexterity is important as it increases your damage. The other "stats" (magic find, +exp, +gold, +health per kill, etc) are fairly optional. I love magic find because I love finding extra loot, but sometimes you get an upgrade with +exp instead of magic find, and you roll with it because those stats aren't critically important. I almost always switch items when one has higher dexterity, however, because it's a flat damage increase.

10+ Year Old Account
    You'll automatically enter the harder mode when you finish the game on normal and sets you at the same place you started the game on in act 1 when you press the "resume game" button. Also you can choose which difficulty mode you use on the bottom of the screen that let's you select which quest you want to start, should you want to start a different quest then the one you are on.

EDIT: Also if you open your inventory you can see a list of your stats ni the left side top corner. At the bottom of that list is you DPS figure, which takes pretty much everything into account that ups your damage. You can see it change up or down when you change gear. Keep an eye on that for a rough idea of if a piece is an upgrade or not.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-05-21 at 12:04 AM.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Excelent Dexterity it is, i will keep an eye on this stat moving forward, is there a general list for all classes that anyone knows of, i find a lot of people are asking this question in general chat ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Orange post it View Post
    Excelent Dexterity it is, i will keep an eye on this stat moving forward, is there a general list for all classes that anyone knows of, i find a lot of people are asking this question in general chat ?
    You can see it when you hover over the stats in the list of stats mentioned in the EDIT of the post above yours. It will say that INT ups the damage for Wizards and Witch Doctors, DEX ups the damage for Demon Hunters and Monks and STR ups the damage for Barbarians.

EDIT: Wondering now if maybe that's only the case if you turn advanced tooltips on in the menu. Oh and as a bonus piece of info. all the properties also have a defensive proporty. INT increases you resistances against schools of damage. STR increases your armor and DEX increases your chance to dodge attacks.
    Last edited by xskarma; 2012-05-21 at 12:08 AM.