Page 1 of 8
... LastLast
    Deleted

Is this all it is?

Hey,

I'm a level 52 Barbarian on Diablo 3 and I'm burning through the campaign on hell difficulty now, I am just wondering is this all Diablo is? The game is fun and all, but repeating the story is getting a bit tedious and I really want something new to do; does that become available at level 60 or is the end-game content just the campaign on Inferno mode?

I've seen other people ask similar questions and they have been replied to with 'You don't understand what Diablo is about' and to be perfectly honest I don't, please tell me.

Thanks

Yes, this is how Diablo works

Its hard to explain how to enjoy the game if you aren't already. The story is a bit short and predictable but diablo has never been about the story, sure it has a huge backstory and lots of lore, but once you're done normal its no longer about that. Its about killing stuff and getting loot to kill harder things. If you want a story then ARPGs aren't really for you, try picking up a book.

Deleted
    that's pretty much what it's all about grinding for the best gear you can get and of course defeating Diablo on Inferno which for most of us will take a looooooooooooooooong time.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yes. Diablo 3 is the same as all other dungeon-crawlers. You play and play and grind and grind over and over for gear + gold.

In general, I don't get what so-called Diablo veterans are whining about. This was always what Diablo was. Killing the same boss(es) over and over again on higher difficulties.

To answer your question: Yes, yes this is what it is about and all it is. Until the expansion pack comes out, that is.

It seems Diablo isn't really your type of game.

Thanks for the awesome sig, Lady Amuno.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Yes, this is how Diablo works
    This.

The game is meant to be played multiple times through, the motivation being a harder difficulty, higher levels and stronger, better loot. You get dramatically new stuff for your character as opposed to new environments for your character to do the new things or different monsters to kill.

Deleted
    I'm not after the story at all, I didn't pay attention to the majority of lore in the game even on my first time round. I was just wondering if there is anything else which you gain access to at max level, although it appears you don't; I suppose this just isn't my type of game but thanks for the replies.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have found that the majority of players who really freaking enjoy Diablo 3, like myself, tend to be from the crowd who played the first two games. This is how Diablo is, as was stated already, and it's just not for everyone. I've seen numerous threads asking if there's more content after max level other than Inferno, but there isn't. They may release an expansion or two in the future, but it'll most likely be like the expansion for Diablo 2, another Act and more story, and then just more killing, farming, and killing.

This is Diablo, and I love it.
    I make videos of SimCity mainly, but am open to suggestions; check me out!

YouTube Channel - http://www.youtube.com/user/TheArcan...?feature=guide
    Twitter - https://twitter.com/TheArcaneBagel

Well... There IS Whimsyshire (D3's secret cow level).

Yup this is all there is to Diablo, its not an ever evolving MMO. You pay your $60 and beat the game 4 times or so and then uninstall. You may try and max out some gear but all that is going to do is make the game easier to beat.

I'm only lvl 27 so far, taking my time and exploring the game because once I beat it I probably won't continue on.

This is Diablo friend.

The end-game essentially revolves around farming for perfect loot and trading.

Deleted
    I'm starting to get bored already and I'm only 39 on my witchdoctor and on act II nightmare. It's the same thing all the time, the only thing that changes are the HP on the elites and the boss fights almost makes me sleep. Kite, kite, let your pets slowly, slowly grind the boss down and yes kite.

I liked D2 a lot back in the day but let's face it, a lot has happened in the 10+ years since then in gaming and we demand more as gamers now days. I don't regret buying the game since I got many hours of entertainment out of it but I don't see myself playing it much in a months’ time or so.

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    No offense, but... you've played THAT LONG and are only just now realizing that this might be all there is to the game? That seems a bit preposterous to me. I'm guessing you never had experience with Diablo II.

But unfortunately, yes. That's all there is. I intend on playing my way through Nightmare mode and maybe attempting Hell mode, but I doubt I'll do more than beat the game with all five champions.

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't forget that when they finally release the PVP patch, there will be that to do at 60.

Quote Originally Posted by lilbruz View Post
    Yes, this is how games works
    Fix'd.
    10chars

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Schmilblick View Post
    Fix'd.
    10chars
    Not quite, a good mmo will last years.

Deleted
    Diablo is about killing monsters and get gear so you can kill them even faster pretty much. Thats how diablo 2 was and now D3. It was extremly fun back in the days 12-13 years ago because then there were not many MMOs so RPGs(hack & slash) was pretty much the only collect gear games which I enjoy.

Still I have a lot of fun in diablo 3 as my WD is kinda undergeared. I have 500dps in NM on belial and I just killed him yesterday with a friend with also 500 dps. We have been really unlucky with drops but took us about 5-8 tries but it was fun when he died. Normal was easy as we got him on the first attempt then.

ill start a hardcore character too soon but not sure yet what it would be.

Kids expect more nowadays from games. It's basically an upgraded version of D2. Better graphics, new spells, etc. Don't get me wrong I really enjoy the game and I played both growing up as a teen, but you can see why so many people were expecting more. For a game so many years in development, it feels like Blizzard came up short. Maybe they didn't want to ruin the feel of the others which of course is smart, but at the same time I can't help but feel they should have completely revamped it and taken more of a risky chance. It feels like they played it safe. But hey, whether Blizzard stayed in line like the others or went a completely different direction, people were still going to bitch and whine anyways. I love the game and feel they did an amazing job.

Quote Originally Posted by Yogg-Saron, God of Death View Post
    In general, I don't get what so-called Diablo veterans are whining about. This was always what Diablo was. Killing the same boss(es) over and over again on higher difficulties.

To answer your question: Yes, yes this is what it is about and all it is. Until the expansion pack comes out, that is.

It seems Diablo isn't really your type of game.
    Grind a boss over and over and over and over and over again,

This sounds familiar
    Desktop: Zotac 1080 TI, I7 7700k, 16gb Ram, 256gb SSD + 1TB HDD
    Laptop: Zotac 2070 MaxQ, I7 8750, 32gb RAM, 500gb SSD + 2TB SSD
    Main Game: Warcraft Classic

Haters gonna hate