Thread: Hardcore Mode

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Hardcore Mode

So, what is the benefit of making a Hardcore character? Do more items drop? Do better items drop? Or is it only more challenging?
    this game sucks

Deleted
    it's a challenge, ,if you die, you lose all gold/items and the character and have to start again

There's achievements, bragging rights, and just because. It's not for everyone.
    ಠ_ಠ

Deleted
    You get to throw your pc out of the window after you die

Deleted
    I'd say it's more challenging as you have only one life, so when you die, you can't rez.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tryana View Post
    You get to throw your pc out of the window after you die
    LOL, so much that ^

I might try it for shits n giggles later this summer.

Stood in the Fire SaltLakeAtrocity's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    World first hardcore inferno diablo kill gets to use that fact to pick up waitresses at sports bars
    -- We'll Dance As The Palaces Burn --

There's a group who've just cleared Act IV Hell. I don't expect them to get any further than Act I Inferno. Awesome work and determination on their part though.

Fame and honour for doing a full run from first quest to Diablos death without EVER dying. Much more so if you do it on inferno.

NEVER fail. ALWAYS succeed in battle. You'll need a flawless and almost perfect skill combination and rotatio + skills that only the very few would be able to get.
    "When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, then you'll be successful"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsSC2vx7zFQ

I'd say its for the oldest reason for playing games. For fun

Of course, that is if you find such things fun. About 90% of the people I know wont even consider doing hardcore chars >.<

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by dreamlore View Post
    And better luck that lottery winners do, when it comes to server disconnects and lag spikes that are more likely to kill you than any mob/boss in the game.
    This, completely. Buddy of mine started a hardcore character and got killed when he got kicked off of the servers in act 1, normal mode. Totally random, completely out of his control...

the people that cleared HC hell had something like 70k hp and shit before even inferno gear.. thats crazy high. And apparently they were doing good dps cause diablo was dropping relatively fast. -had 7m hp with 3 people group-

Hardcore all the way. It's not really about the e-peen or achievement farm. It's more about getting immersed in a game through the challenge. I do softcore on the side to test builds around and to see what works and to learn the game mechanics, but I mainly focus on my hardcore characters to get the most out of the game.

The benefits of hardcore is that the economy feels much more harsh as great items are constantly lost with players dying. You can't really abuse AH the same way you do in softcore. Also, with softcore comes a lot of abuse like skipping entire zones (Method way) to get to the bosses. You can't really do that on hardcore, as the chance of dying when you reach a dead end is a real threat.

Cheers for the responses, thought as much. Would be kinda cool if Inferno bosses killed with Hardcore characters drop some sort of better loot.
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    Cheers for the responses, thought as much. Would be kinda cool if Inferno bosses killed with Hardcore characters drop some sort of better loot.
    As interesting as an idea that is, here's the one problem:

Hardcore characters have zero access or communication with your Normal characters. That means their AH is separate, their money is separate, and their Storage is separate. So, even if you were super amazing and wrecked Hardcore Diablo, there's not really much of a point to give them awesome gear if it'll never see the light of day beyond a HC character anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    The point is the challenge. If HC characters were super geared, you've just removed the challenge.

Being halfway through act 3 inferno i can say that the one who clears inferno on hc should receive a medal and should be labeled as one of the best gamers in the world.

tbh, until we see how hard inferno is on HC, then we will see.

HC in general is "slightly" easier then the normal game, just because how lethal the environment is. You also get better drops more often too. When I watched the Diablo vid on HC, the 2 tanks weren't taking that much damage, took a fireball to the face and their hp barely moved (granted they had 70k, but still it was like a sliver of damage) and they stood in the fire circle it created. Even when diablo got the DH in the cage and impaled, lost only little over half hp, and she probably had about 30-35k at max, (couldnt tell cause that was the person making the video)

We will have to wait and see, tbh even at the end of the video the regular chatter said "Wow that was easy, the elite packs were harder" as it faded out.

Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post

HC in general is "slightly" easier then the normal game, just because how lethal the environment is. You also get better drops more often too. When I watched the Diablo vid on HC, the 2 tanks weren't taking that much damage, took a fireball to the face and their hp barely moved (granted they had 70k, but still it was like a sliver of damage) and they stood in the fire circle it created. Even when diablo got the DH in the cage and impaled, lost only little over half hp, and she probably had about 30-35k at max, (couldnt tell cause that was the person making the video)

We will have to wait and see, tbh even at the end of the video the regular chatter said "Wow that was easy, the elite packs were harder" as it faded out.
    The only reason it appears easier is because people have made sure to actually thoroughly farm previous acts/difficulties before moving on.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nilinor View Post

Hardcore is the same as normal mode, people just take a more defensive build to make sure they don't die.

Also, bosses are easier in this game than elite mobs, in normal mode as well
    Monk, I need a monk!!!