Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by melzas View Post
    When I enter random BG for the first few minutes I'm watching my team, how is calling incomings going, how are people reacting to someone who is trying to lead, how are people geared. In those first few minutes you can most of the time tell if your team is bunch of raging kids or just newbies and somewhat estimate your chances to win. If I think we have a chance to win, I'll do my best to protect nodes, call incomings, protect FC etc and generally play in a team.

But if I realise my team is hopeless, there is no one trying to lead, or listening to someone who is, and generally no teamplay, I just forget the goals and am having fun time, farming kills, going for achievements, picking on that ugly orc female with tier2, or that funny priest who dies in 3 globals etc. I just know that there is no point raging or trying to win at all cost when my team is bad, shouting at people and blaming them won't change anything.
    What annoys the crap out of me is that you're less likely to get people to listen and work together by being nice than you are by being an asshat. I'll say please and be polite and people ignore me or troll me, but when I start ranting and raging at people, they listen and we win.

It's kind of dumb.
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Deleted
    Hard to comunicate with bots....

Quote Originally Posted by PizzaSHARK View Post
    It's a team game. If you aren't willing to play as a team, why are you there? Better yet, why should you be allowed to be there? So you can waste everyone's time?
    I'm not willing to play as a team with idiots. Why are idiots allowed to join Random BG's and bark commands. We still win games, in fact when I queue with 2 or 3 of my mates we win all of them. (I only queue the 10-15 man ones bar SotA)
    this game sucks

It's a team game. If you aren't willing to play as a team, why are you there? Better yet, why should you be allowed to be there? So you can waste everyone's time?

There is no me in team.

oh wait, yes there is.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    I'm not willing to play as a team with idiots.
    Then create your own Rated BG or War Games team.
    Why are idiots allowed to join Random BG's and bark commands.
    Because they have as much right to queue up for Random BGs as you do, and their voice carries the same weight as everyone else's voice.
    We still win games, in fact when I queue with 2 or 3 of my mates we win all of them. (I only queue the 10-15 man ones bar SotA)
    Unlikely that you have a 100% win ratio when triplequeueing.

---------- Post added 2012-05-25 at 09:15 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    There is no me in team.

oh wait, yes there is.
    There's no I in team.
    But there's an I in pie.
    Specifically, meat pie.
    And an anagram of meat is team.

<3
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bandet View Post
    There is no me in team.

oh wait, yes there is.
    I'll ask again: If you ain't gonna work with your team and work to win, why are you joining a team game? Why should you not be punished for wasting everyone else's time?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

Other than very rudimentary things like calling inc's, I don't really see the point to much communication in random BG's.

The majority of the time, "communication" just boils down to individuals blaming everyone else for losing yet other times taking credit for winning.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll ask again: If you ain't gonna work with your team and work to win, why are you joining a team game? Why should you not be punished for wasting everyone else's time?
    World of Warcraft isn't Starcraft. There isn't a leading player that micro-manages you all, and I don't think there ever should be.

It's an open zone. Everyone can join and do what they like (within reason and the rules). It also suffers from no accountability, like LFR.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Why? Because we win anyway. I average 30+ KB's 0 deaths and top damage by double when queuing with my mates. I join a Random BG to fuck around, and if you're joining it seriously then you need to sort out your priorities. It's just irritating having that 1600 RBG 1200 arena rating (FULL CATA) person yelling at me coz I'm killing 6 of their team on the road.

Then create your own Rated BG or War Games team.
    No. Rated BG's are blasphemous.

Because they have as much right to queue up for Random BGs as you do, and their voice carries the same weight as everyone else's voice.
    My comment was in response to someone asking why I should be allowed to join Random BG's when my intention is to farm kills.
    this game sucks

Quote Originally Posted by Firebert View Post
    It's an open zone. Everyone can join and do what they like (within reason and the rules). It also suffers from no accountability, like LFR.
    Exactly this. It's open for anyone to join. Simple minded people like rektlol act the way they do because they don't have to account for their uncivilized behavior. I don't heal them. If I see a chumps (I like to call these idiots chumps) health going down, I will go stand next to them and throw heals on others while they watch me watch them die. Then the flaming ensues, which I ignore. Because it's the internet. I don't have to account for my douchebaggery.
    A true Patriot fights for their country, not for their government.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Rated BG's are blasphemous.
    Explain?
    My comment was in response to someone asking why I should be allowed to join Random BG's when my intention is to farm kills.
    Don't be surprised if people report you AFK (or worse) for not playing to the BG objective. I've been over this before with someone in PMs.

EDIT: If you want to farm HKs, just run War Games over and over with an AFK opposing team.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

Explain?
    Skilless, boring, stupid. Incredibly easy (too easy) to get good ratings at. Everyone and their mother is running around with t2. I kinda see how PvE players feel now that raids have been dumbed down. No fun seeing people who never get above 1800 getting their T2 from RBG's and playing triple DPS taking 30 points of us after we beat them 6 times for 3 points a piece.

Don't be surprised if people report you AFK (or worse) for not playing to the BG objective. I've been over this before with someone in PMs.

EDIT: If you want to farm HKs, just run War Games over and over with an AFK opposing team.
    Takes too much effort, would rather just queue and smash the idiots who got their t2 through RBG's.

PS: Yes, there are outliers and I know plenty of people who have 2.4k+ arena AND RBG ratings to match. General populace however is not so skilled.

EDIT: When I say skilless, I mean in comparison to arena.
    Last edited by rektbrah; 2012-05-25 at 09:13 PM.
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Skilless, boring, stupid. Incredibly easy (too easy) to get good ratings at. Everyone and their mother is running around with t2. I kinda see how PvE players feel now that raids have been dumbed down. No fun seeing people who never get above 1800 getting their T2 from RBG's and playing triple DPS taking 30 points of us after we beat them 6 times for 3 points a piece.
    It's also no fun seeing people sit at the top of the Arena Ladder after week 2 and camp Rank 1, or people buying Rank 1 or Gladiator such that teams that should be Gladiator (I'm going to guess, including teams that have players such as yourself) do not get Gladiator and are perma-stuck where they shouldn't be.

Swings and roundabouts.

Plus, Blizzard want to push their shiny new high-level PvP system, so dumbing down their current high-level PvP system was to be expected.
    Takes too much effort, would rather just queue and smash the idiots who got their t2 through RBG's.
    So long as you play to the objective I'm fine with it.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

It's also no fun seeing people sit at the top of the Arena Ladder after week 2 and camp Rank 1, or people buying Rank 1 or Gladiator such that teams that should be Gladiator (I'm going to guess, including teams that have players such as yourself) do not get Gladiator and are perma-stuck where they shouldn't be.

Swings and roundabouts.

Plus, Blizzard want to push their shiny new high-level PvP system, so dumbing down their current high-level PvP system was to be expected.
    I hate MMR and I hate the whole camping aspect, however I love playing arena. I've only achieved gladiator when the ladders were active (yep, I'm one of those play in week 1-2 and camp top 20), I'm not good enough to win 40 games in a row and it is quite frustrating. Funny thing is, in wrath I was able to play mid-late season and make a push for glad with a new team. Cata it's been impossible. MMR is just fucked beyond belief right now.

So long as you play to the objective I'm fine with it.
    Don't get me wrong, I do play to win; but getting commanded by xXlEgolasHunterpwnagexX is not needed, neither is a discussion on tactics.
    Last edited by rektbrah; 2012-05-25 at 09:27 PM.
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Don't get me wrong, I do play to win; but getting commanded by xXlEgolasHunterpwnagexX is not needed, neither is a discussion on tactics.
    Even if you might be better than him in gear, rating, achievements, whatever, doesn't make you the leader and your word better than his.

No-one should be "commander of the BG". Like I said. This isn't Starcraft, lol.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)

I am usually pretty vocal in BGS. Sadly people seldom listen, so its almost not worth saying anything.

Even if you might be better than him in gear, rating, achievements, whatever, doesn't make you the leader and your word better than his.

No-one should be "commander of the BG". Like I said. This isn't Starcraft, lol.
    My word isn't better than his, it's just that I do know better than him. I don't go around saying "No, listen to me instead I got ratings" I just ignore it and do my own thing, which in turn wins the game. Me and a priest taking out 5-6 players is far more valuable than joining that 8v4 horde fight (where my team is the 8).

I think we're both agreeing that it's just irritating having people say shit; which it is. Bar inc calls etc.
    this game sucks

a nice step towards random bgs comm was "Voice chat" - which is similar to what Dota 2 has(the ingame com), unfortunately that remained very unused

10+ Year Old Account
    I never expect anything out of a random BG, since I know that I will only get disappointed that way. Just farm your Honour and such and hope that your side wins. If you want proper communication, just do stuff with a proper group of friends and guild mates. When I still played, I was only playing with my PvP guild and that was a lot more fun than just joining up with a bunch of random people.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob from Accounting View Post
    Because talking with your real voice isn't as...comfortable when your main purpose it to troll or talk in a very "free" manner.
    Off topic reply directed at the quote above: If your sole purpose is to troll a BG, you should be booted asap by whatever means necessary. If you want to be entertained by the sound of your own voice/sight of your own typing, go back to Trade Chat for your 15 seconds of Internet fame. I'd prefer to actually have a chance to WIN a BG, and thus get more honor and points for my effort, than chew on another Quarter Pounder of Troll-induced Loss.

On topic reply:
    Communication isn't difficult, a simple " /bg inc bs " takes as much time as those three attacks one might manage to spam through before getting steamrolled by 5 opposing faction members and losing a node in the process. It's not difficult - there are addons built solely for it (BG Defender I think is one) and even addons that can help call incs in addition to all the other features they provide (such as Carbonite), and addons to help your team recognize what they are facing before you even begin a BG (such as BG Spy). Good communication, in the form of calling incs and advising the need to back-cap for resources (etc) is not intended to micro-manage every person's move - rather, it is intended to give a push in the right direction. You can lead the horse to water, but only the horse can choose to drink it, or not. If you've lead the horse to water (given constructive advice, called incs, helped attack an open base, etc) you're doing your part - it's up to the remainder of the team (the horse) to follow through (drink the water, or not.) Unlike the horse scenario, if members of the "team" fail to follow through (drink the water, take the advice and act upon it timely), the entire team suffers (goes thirsty, gets a dry loss instead of a cool refreshing sip of victory.)

Kill the healers. Slow the EFC. Call the INCS. Backcap. It's all simple, as simple as 1 + 1 = 2 really. Yet the lack of follow-thru leads to so many wasted ques, getting GY farmed, etc, that it's sickening. As the saying goes, loosely quoted, "you're either part of the solution, or you're part of the problem." Try being part of the solution, not part of the problem.
    Last edited by Invictus9001; 2012-05-25 at 10:33 PM.

#FlightIsImportant