Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Communication in Random BG's

Perhaps I am asking too much from people but is it really so hard to ask for communication in random BG's. How do people expect to win if they dont call out incomings or try and organize counter attacks? Before the start I say that good communication=we win and sometimes I get flamed and I have no idea why. Could this be an alliance only thing, or is it just the state of the game right now? Is it really so hard to just say "incoming MT" or something along those lines. I'm really starting to get frustrated with the lack of communication skills that people who play the game show.

Sadly, many people who play random bg's are bad and or just there to get their honor and don't care whether it's a win or a loss. It's not impossible to use some communication but a majority of people will troll if you try and give commands or to use strategy, it's just the nature of the beast.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by reohh View Post
    Perhaps I am asking too much from people but is it really so hard to ask for communication in random BG's. How do people expect to win if they dont call out incomings or try and organize counter attacks? Before the start I say that good communication=we win and sometimes I get flamed and I have no idea why. Could this be an alliance only thing, or is it just the state of the game right now? Is it really so hard to just say "incoming MT" or something along those lines. I'm really starting to get frustrated with the lack of communication skills that people who play the game show.
    This has annoyed me since I started running bg's and realizing that making such calls can decide games. I used to get upset about it but nowadays I try to always keep am eye on the battlefield as a whole. What this means is I usually end up calling inc's for others who choose not to communicate. It's annoying to have to check stables and blacksmith constantly if I'm trying to heal at lumber mill, but I do my best to make up for my team's laziness.

It's also annoying that you frequently get flamed for attempting to introduce any sort of strategy into random bg's. My advice is to always stay positive, and lend your vocal support towards any individual who attempts to organize. Even if you view their strategy as mediocre, a decent plan is better than no plan. For instance, I'm not a fan of AV turtles, and they don't always work as Horde, but we pulled off one so brilliantly the other day, I was super thankful I posted "I'll heal galv and the blackcrap team" before the start of that game once "D galv" was thrown out there. I may have persuaded 5 people to stay back and blackcap which could have won us the game. Maybe I'm overestimating my own contribution, but it is important to support the formation of a strategy or even suggest one if nobody else volunteers. Something as simple as "BS, Farm, GM" can do wonders. But most importantly, stay positive, be a leader if you know what you're doing, and f*ck the haters
    Armories: Death Knight / Paladin
    Quote Originally Posted by Regennis View Post
    Stop dating strippers.
    Quote Originally Posted by ZRebellion View Post
    Kleinlax21 who is on your 'side' had no problem doing so.He also doesn't need to attack me in literally every sentence he types.

Dreadlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    A lot of times im not losing due to communication or lack thereof.

It's usually cause im facing a premade or, in the case of low level, 3-4 twink friends....

Deleted
    I hear ya mate, I think it would be awesome
    if there was just an option / voice channel / whatever
    in every bg that would give every player the option to join with the rest of the team.

Ofc there would be trolls... but there would also be ALOT more teamplay.

Deleted
    It's always worth trying to provide a bit of strategy, since groups do vary a lot but chances are you will have some like minded people.
    so you might get people who start calling incs and help with direction or just actually listen, even if you are just getting trolls replying, it means thier reading it and might be listening and just making smart comments.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where everything is bitter. Especially me.
    Quote Originally Posted by biggischkris View Post
    I hear ya mate, I think it would be awesome
    if there was just an option / voice channel / whatever
    in every bg that would give every player the option to join with the rest of the team.

Ofc there would be trolls... but there would also be ALOT more teamplay.
    There is the ingame voice chat in battlegrounds, but nobody knows about it, or usually even has it enabled.
    Quote Originally Posted by GennGreymane View Post
    *bro fist*
    Main - My Youtube Channel - Useful PvP Items - Hunter Pet Spreadsheet - Music and Stuff

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    There is the ingame voice chat in battlegrounds, but nobody knows about it, or usually even has it enabled.
    Does that even work mate ?
    Last I heard about it, was that blizz had admit how
    hard that feature was failing. (as in not working..)

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanimus View Post
    I remember when that came out back in BC.

We tried it for like 5 minutes, and then decided that it not only wasn't worth the effort, but the quality was shitty, so we just went back to ventrillo.

However, we did use it for one thing:

It has a feature which reduces game sound when you push to talk, so we muted our mic on the WoW part of it, but kept the sound reduction when key is pressed, and bound it to the same key as our push-to-talk for ventrillo, so our sound would be lowered whenever we talked.

Yay blizzard!

Someone has to make the calls in the BG's. Rarely have I been in one with everyone just paying attention to the map and knowing what to do. Some people are just too lazy to call out inc's and god forbid make a macro. Just keep it up. Sometimes people surprise me and will try, and even pay attention and help.

Quote Originally Posted by Toomuchsugar View Post
    Someone has to make the calls in the BG's. Rarely have I been in one with everyone just paying attention to the map and knowing what to do. Some people are just too lazy to call out inc's and god forbid make a macro. Just keep it up. Sometimes people surprise me and will try, and even pay attention and help.

Some people are too lazy to call incs.

Most people are too lazy to care when inc is called.

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps I am asking too much from people but is it really so hard to ask for communication in random BG's. How do people expect to win if they dont call out incomings or try and organize counter attacks?
    Some people don't like to be micro-managed like Starcraft 2, and some people can't call out incs if they get opened on by stealthers or Mages fresh out of Invis.

Before the start I say that good communication=we win and sometimes I get flamed and I have no idea why. Could this be an alliance only thing, or is it just the state of the game right now?
    You'd get flamed on the Horde side too, and if you treat your teammates like idiots, expect to get some backlash.

Is it really so hard to just say "incoming MT" or something along those lines. I'm really starting to get frustrated with the lack of communication skills that people who play the game show.
    Rogues, Feral Druids and Mages that get the jump on an objective hamper communications (you don't see it coming).
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

10+ Year Old Account
    Best to just lead by example. I call my incs, but have long since given up trying to impress strategy advice or tried to lead in random BGs...it just creates too much stress and inevitably leads to inter-team conflict. The one time I will still direct people (and yeah, this never works) is to shout at people to go after the efc or protect the fc in wsg/tp when both flags are off the bases and half your team is still just duking it out trying cap the middle of the field.
    "Brevity is...wit"

I agree with pretty much everything above.

& the lack of communication seems to have got worse than ever lately. In random bg's I have tried to give the teams I am in some direction /tactics... tried being nice.... sadly I have also lost it a few times and been a complete biatch, which is my bad!

The beginning of this week for e.g. I played rbg for 3 hrs a night and didn't win a game until late on the 3rd day! I was like FML!!

I am totally sick of other players in the bg telling me to chill... its only a game!!

Which ofc is true.. but seriusly, why the fk should I have to waste my time playing with ppl who have no idea of teamwork, don't give a shit about winning & have no idea of what they are meant to be doing ;(

I know I can't change the way ppl are/play.... but lool.... it was nice to rant about it for a few minutes
    Some things in life should be taken with a pinch of salt......

A shot of tequila.... and a wedge of lime....

I always used to try to give directions for people or call out etc. For example I'd defend LM and call out incs for other bases. Near the end of the match I get flamed for doing low damage... even though I had been reporting incs for farm and BS numerous times and killed the 2 people that tried capping LM. It's stuff like that which made me give up. Now I just que for lolz and farm kills or que with some friends (and I don't wanna sound like an ass) and carry the rest of the people to an easy win and farm some Alliance.

It's sad that Random BGs are like this, I enjoy BGs alot (more then arena) but on my feral I hardly get any invites for good groups since they always want me on my rogue and the people I play with aren't on all the time either ofcourse (for rated BGs). I can still enjoy randoms some of the time since we still win pretty often (Cyclone-EU as horde) but feeling like you're carrying half the weight and still getting shouted at for doing something appearently random is kinda demotivating. :/

A significant number of players simply ignore the chat. There is another well intentioned group of players who try to follow chat, but are given conflicting or bad instructions.

For me, "inc lm" is almost as bad as no communication at all. Could be 1 attacker feeling out a well defended base, and people responding to the inc call may well be pulled out of useful positions for no reason. Detailed messages "inc LM - 1-2 - we're good" and "now 4-5 - LM needs help" are more valuable, but take time to type. Typed communication simply has it's limitations in this environment.

Anyway. Not once but twice recently I have been in an AV where things came off the rails. I barked a couple instructions, and miraculously some 20+ people followed them and we managed to pull it off. Those occasions are rare, but it's really quite cool when they happen.

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Wait what? There is actual communication in BGs? Other than "STFU NOOB LOOOOOL I R AWESOME RAWR!"? Truly?

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Random BG's mean shit all. Only reason I do BG's is to farm kills. I don't need communication and I certainly don't need some 1500 player telling me what to do. It just irritates me. This is most good players. I've yet to meet anyone who actually does RBG's seriously. If I want to win, I just get my mates and steam roll everyone. No need for communication there.
    this game sucks

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kylecat15 View Post
    Sadly, many people who play random bg's are bad and or just there to get their honor and don't care whether it's a win or a loss. It's not impossible to use some communication but a majority of people will troll if you try and give commands or to use strategy, it's just the nature of the beast.
    Yeah, and it's why those jackasses that troll or aren't there to play for objectives should be removed from BG queues until such time as they're ready to work with the rest of the team.

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 11:29 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by rektlol View Post
    Random BG's mean shit all. Only reason I do BG's is to farm kills. I don't need communication and I certainly don't need some 1500 player telling me what to do. It just irritates me. This is most good players. I've yet to meet anyone who actually does RBG's seriously. If I want to win, I just get my mates and steam roll everyone. No need for communication there.
    It's a team game. If you aren't willing to play as a team, why are you there? Better yet, why should you be allowed to be there? So you can waste everyone's time?
    http://steamcommunity.com/id/PizzaSHARK
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    I also do landscaping on weekends with some mexican kid that I "hired". He's real good because he's 100% obedient to me and does everything I say while never complaining. He knows that I am the man in the relationship and is completely submissive towards me as he should be.
    Quote Originally Posted by SUH View Post
    Crissi the goddess of MMO, if i may. ./bow

When I enter random BG for the first few minutes I'm watching my team, how is calling incomings going, how are people reacting to someone who is trying to lead, how are people geared. In those first few minutes you can most of the time tell if your team is bunch of raging kids or just newbies and somewhat estimate your chances to win. If I think we have a chance to win, I'll do my best to protect nodes, call incomings, protect FC etc and generally play in a team.

But if I realise my team is hopeless, there is no one trying to lead, or listening to someone who is, and generally no teamplay, I just forget the goals and am having fun time, farming kills, going for achievements, picking on that ugly orc female with tier2, or that funny priest who dies in 3 globals etc. I just know that there is no point raging or trying to win at all cost when my team is bad, shouting at people and blaming them won't change anything.