Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

The Offical QQ/Vent: Champ Packs, Tri packs, Rare packs, Thread

I'm going to post this here as a possible vent thread. Sometimes, the instagibs are horrendous. I ran into a Champ pack that had Horde and Arcane Enchanted, MALACHORS. Of course this is on Nightmare, Act 3. Freaking 40k Life on the minions, that would 2 or 3 shot me.

12k Hp with with 2.5k armor, and 1.5k DPS. Which is slaughter with most of Hell Minions. Though I gave up on this pack and has to simply quit after dying roughly 10+ times. QQ man, QQ.

Yup, diablo is supposed to be hard. You are supposed to hit walls. You are supposed to go back to previous content and grind for better gear. This is Diablo. Not everyone will solo Farm inferno, and this is a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Biged781 View Post
    Yup, diablo is supposed to be hard. You are supposed to hit walls. You are supposed to go back to previous content and grind for better gear. This is Diablo. Not everyone will solo Farm inferno, and this is a good thing.
    This isn't a discussion that the game is too hard. It's just a QQ thread for people to vent in and share horrendous example of getting pwned over and over again. I fail to see how your post is relevant or necessary. Nice try though. I can see you try really hard to be edgy and cool, by claiming what is obvious.

Post your tears here folks.

I've just encountered the most OP thing in D3, and it killed me in like one hit... that's Error 37.

Quote Originally Posted by Jokerfiend View Post
    This isn't a discussion that the game is too hard. It's just a QQ thread for people to vent in and share horrendous example of getting pwned over and over again. I fail to see how your post is relevant or necessary. Nice try though. I can see you try really hard to be edgy and cool, by claiming what is obvious.

Post your tears here folks.
    Ok, I guess I just don't see the point in crying about the game being hard. Enjoy your little QQ session.
    Last edited by Biged781; 2012-05-20 at 07:15 PM.

arcane, fast, wall, shield in inferno... invulnerable minions in inferno...

Well it took me and a friend to kill some event in act 1 inferno where the mobs were über super freaking fast, vampiric, lightning enchanted, and fire chains. We were eventually able to separate the mobs completely across the map and kill two at a time. Oh an has anyone experienced the enrage on rare mobs? Like where they obliterate your life by looking at you and then heal from 20% to full instantly
    <Decidedly Uncouth> Horde Mal'Ganis

Packs are easy for the most part in Nightmare. What fucking bugs me are the little guys with the gold that run away. I can never catch it/kill it! Right when I'm about to kill it it's already in it's portal!!! UGH!
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by phillipisawarlock View Post
    Packs are easy for the most part in Nightmare. What fucking bugs me are the little guys with the gold that run away. I can never catch it/kill it! Right when I'm about to kill it it's already in it's portal!!! UGH!
    One of those little shits almost killed me in nightmare yesterday...chased after it and aggroed about 50 things trying to kill it, while it got away.

My biggest vent is that, as WD, I can't really control what my gargantuan does...or where he stands, so he often stands in stupid shit like a moron and dies, and as I'm soloing (Nightmare atm) I'm built around survival, which includes him not being dead when my cd is not up, or I'm pretty screwed and generally have to evade until the cd is up or kite and kill if they are low enough on HP.

I'm in the process of soloing Act II Inferno, and making a point not to skip any champion/elite packs I see. Ran into a nasty combination - teleport/molten/vortex/electric enchanted champion pack of those lizard guys who burrow underground and follow you. It took me like 6 deaths to finally kill them, it was such a pain. As a Demon Hunter, those lizard guys are already annoying since they burrow as soon as you Smokescreen. It was so much worse when they have all those abilities...

10+ Year Old Account
    I made a similar post like this on day two of the game. :\

Meeting Arcane Enchanted for the very first time wasn't a good experience for me.

Act I of Hell, in the hunting grounds just before Leoric's manner, a rare pack of the goat brutes with Arcane/Wall/Mortar spawned right next to a champion mob with Wall/Desecrate/Molten.

Fun times.

10+ Year Old Account
    Had a named rare + minions that had molten+ mortar combo on my WD in a tight tunnel. Took me 4 tries till I managed to stay in the range between too close and too far away. Dropped a rare item, so I was like cool, it paid off at least. I proceed a bit further in this dungeon and come across the next challenge....a named rare + minions that had molten + mortar combo >.<

Now I knew the range I had to keep this time, but I simply didn't move out of the molten shit in the floor fast enough, so I died a 5th time to this combo. And then I found that I actually spawned again about half the screen away from the rare cause I had just entered the next part of the dungeon. So I died again cause there was nowhere to move too. That final death to that combo though, cause I managed to get them down after rezzing on top of them again.

This second mob pack only dropped 2 lousy magic items though, so all in all I died 6 times and spent about 2k I think in repairs to get 1 half decent rare and 2 magic items I'll probably all vendor cause the AH has better items anyway. I hope I learned enough to know my distance when next I meet a pack like this again, cause I paid enough for the lesson.

Did a Frozen Molten Plagued Vampiric last night in Inferno...

I'm a barb. Luckily it was 2 man and I kited around like a bitch for a long time while my wizard friend carried us to victory.

Druid / Demon Hunter SimulationCraft Maintainer

I do find it somewhat disturbing that randomly-generated "champion" mobs are 5x to 10x harder than bosses, depending on what abilities they get.

Quote Originally Posted by Precursor View Post
    "Fall of therzane....." ....um what? if that woman fell , god help us it will be the second cataclysm
    Words that lots of people don't seem to know the definition of:
    "Troll", "Rehash", "Casual", "Dead", "Dying", "Exploit".

People can claim "Diablo is supposed to be hard", yada yada all they want. It's still extremely obvious they need to make certain champion abilities not mix with each other. Some combinations are simply impossible, especially with melee. Playing a monk or barb shouldn't exempt you from being able to play solo.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Vook View Post
    I do find it somewhat disturbing that randomly-generated "champion" mobs are 5x to 10x harder than bosses, depending on what abilities they get.

I agree.
    Hey a dungeon,
    "Zones in"
    Champion mobs right by the thing, Frozen +Mortar.
    FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    People can claim "Diablo is supposed to be hard", yada yada all they want. It's still extremely obvious they need to make certain champion abilities not mix with each other. Some combinations are simply impossible, especially with melee. Playing a monk or barb shouldn't exempt you from being able to play solo.
    I cant speak for monk but as a Barb its very frustrating. The games a kite fest right now, I didnt roll a barb to run mobs around for 10 min using my puney ranged abilities to down them....I want to get int there and blow stuff up.

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Blizzard already said they won't change it because that's part of the game. Combinations and loot are random and so a extremely or impossible champion pack can drop shit and a really easy pack can drop perfect itemised legendaries. As for melee classes they are at a disadvantage already with generating only their energy by attacking and therefore it's more important for them to grind gear to stand a chance.

The hardest thing I encountered was wall/shield/teleport and poison on the ground from some ghouls in act 1. They were impossible to kill because you can't kite them as they always teleport to you, wall you and when you try to hit them most of the time they are shielded and most of the time you stand in poison that kills you within seconds. It's annoying but as I said it's part of the game and I'm ok with it.

Champion mod: Mortar Molten Invulnerable
    You can avoid mortar by going in meelee range, fixed right?
    WRONG.
    In meelee range you will get F*cked up by Molten.
    Kite while avoiding Mortar?
    Good luck with his invulnerable.
    Be glad that he doesnt have arcane aswell.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aydinx2
    People who don't buy the deluxe edition should be permanently banned. I'm sick of playing with poor people.