Question Finished building my PC, please tell me what you think (Buying tomorow)

Budget: I can spend a little more if theres some things I should change.

Coment: I know I dont need a PC like this to run wow, but I got the cash now and want to buy a good PC (only had laptops so far)

Usage: Playing games (mostly wow), watching series, some video editing whenever I fraps some arena.

Question: Im going to spend this much, wil I regret not getting i7 for games 2-3 years from now?

MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth Z77
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB
    GPU: ASUS DCII 7970
    SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair HX 650W PSU
    Heatsink: CORSAIR H40 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler
    CASE: COOLER MASTER COSMOS II
    MONITOR: DELL U2412M
    Last edited by Lanfear1; 2012-05-23 at 08:21 PM.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    No you won't regret not getting an i7. However you should definitely change some things to save money or increase performance-

MoBo: ASUS Sabertooth Z77 Change this to Asrock z77 Extreme6 or this
    CPU: Intel i5 3570k
    RAM: CORSAIR Vengeance 8GB
    GPU: ASUS DCII 7970
    SSD: Samsung 830 128GB
    HDD: Western Digital Caviar Black 1TB
    PSU: Corsair HX 650W PSU
    Heatsink: CORSAIR H40 High Performance Liquid CPU Cooler You definitely want to switch to to at least the H80
    CASE: COOLER MASTER COSMOS II
    MONITOR: DELL U2412M

Ok

MOBO: -My retailer does not have the Asrock z77 (I get a minor discount at this retailer so I want to buy from them, plus its nice to have everything on 1 bill)

- About the ASUS P8Z77-V. Its cheaper, about £40 cheaper on my retailer. But ASUS Sabertooth z77 got a heat shield thingy (wich also helps against dust I guess) Is it really worth getting that instead?

Heatsink: - Ye, I probably should, only picked that cus it was 50% off. What about Corsair H100 Hydro Series, I got room for it

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The H100 is an awesome cooler but it is a little pricey. You could look into a higher end air cooler like the Noctua NH-D14 which would perform similar to the h100 but cost a bit less.

Honestly I don't feel the sabertooth would provide anything you need. It looks like you just want a nice rig to play WoW on and pretty much everything you have is overkill

15+ Year Old Account
    Get a bigger PSU. 650W will support one 7970, but if you add another later there's no chance a 650W PSU will support two. I'd get an 850W and be done with it
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Quote Originally Posted by hapylol View Post
    The H100 is an awesome cooler but it is a little pricey. You could look into a higher end air cooler like the Noctua NH-D14 which would perform similar to the h100 but cost a bit less.

Honestly I don't feel the sabertooth would provide anything you need. It looks like you just want a nice rig to play WoW on and pretty much everything you have is overkill
    heh, ye. I think Ill just buy them both and stay ignorant (bliss)
    Thanks for feedback though

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 11:13 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by llDemonll View Post
    Get a bigger PSU. 650W will support one 7970, but if you add another later there's no chance a 650W PSU will support two. I'd get an 850W and be done with it
    Ye, I have thought about this actually. Guess Ill buy a 850

---------- Post added 2012-05-23 at 11:16 PM ----------

Wich ones should I go for?:

Corsair TX V2 850W PSU

Corsair HX 850W PSU

Corsair AX 850W PSU

?

15+ Year Old Account
    HX would be the best bang-for-buck from that list, AX is top-tier, but there's nothing wrong with TX, the biggest draw back of them is that they aren't modular
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

Ok, thanks. Cant wait to see what it wil look like! Building this for gaming is more fun then gaming lol

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 12:22 AM ----------

Hmm, thought about something. If I dont have a CPU cooler that blows cool air down on the CUP and therefore on the Motherboard, do I trap hot air below the Sabertooth armor and then actually make it go hotter?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lanfear1 View Post
    Ok, thanks. Cant wait to see what it wil look like! Building this for gaming is more fun then gaming lol

---------- Post added 2012-05-24 at 12:22 AM ----------

Hmm, thought about something. If I dont have a CPU cooler that blows cool air down on the CUP and therefore on the Motherboard, do I trap hot air below the Sabertooth armor and then actually make it go hotter?
    No it's not going to run hotter or at least not anything that matters. The Sabertooth comes with two small fans you can mount on the motherboard to help temperatures even more.