Page 1 of 2
LastLast

This is not what d3 promised

Let me start off by saying that d3 delivered on a lot of what it promised but the biggest flaw IN MY opinion is inferno. They said that inferno would challenge the player into developing tactics to take down monsters. All I do and all I see on YouTube is people kiting and nothing else. It doesn't matter what skills you use you have to kite in order to down elites. That's not clever at all it's just boring in MY opinion. Strategy is something different I'd much prefer the diablo 2 system where it was op than this kiting. I saw some dude online who had a clever build for wizards but apparently they nerfed it, my witch doctors pets are worthless in inferno and so are a lot of people's skills, my friend plays a wizard and I'd he doesn't take diamond skin then he is a newb, that is not freedom of choice at all.

Sorry it's one big blob it's on my iPhone and I'm at work :P

What are your opinions?

Warchief
    15+ Year Old Account
    My opinion is that you don't need your own thread.

I think that "100% Damage Immunity" is not what Blizzard intended for players to get through Inferno, which is why they are cutting those abilities.
    I think that people are WAY undergeared for Inferno right now which is why they are having difficulty. People are supposed to have to grind for a while to get through the walls in Inferno. Melee classes aren't broken, the fact that people are trouncing it with damage immunity is the part that is (was) broken.

Most of those strategies are reliant on OP skills being nerfed. A lot of people are also finding that kiting isn't the end-all once you stack enough defenses. Kiting as the sole binary strategy is a way to circumvent being undergeared.

Blizzard made 1 fail, and this was not listening to players feedback during beta. Of course, many whined about overpowered mob packs on inferno (mob immunity - void zones- freeze - mortar, have fun around). Many whined about riddiculus item stats, and the model of random item generator as whole (monk only fist weapons with pure intellect? Hell, why not!). Many whined about bosses, that are exactly the same on every other difficulty. They didn't take an advice, and therefore, they failed.

OR DID THEY?

Those mistakes are simply BASIC. It is not possible somebody came in and said "it is just fine, bosses way easier than mob packs are a pro idea". They left those mistakes, annoying features and bugs intentionally. So players have things to whine about, but anyway play the game. To make a Brave Patch Fix in future, so they are praised as heroes.

A game that is perfect would lack soul and fame. Blizzard knows that. Game needs flaws.

Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post

I think that "100% Damage Immunity" is not what Blizzard intended for players to get through Inferno, which is why they are cutting those abilities.
    I think that people are WAY undergeared for Inferno right now which is why they are having difficulty. People are supposed to have to grind for a while to get through the walls in Inferno. Melee classes aren't broken, the fact that people are trouncing it with damage immunity is the part that is (was) broken.
    Good job bro you chose the most irrelevant Part of my post to address, I play a witch doctor I just appreciated the dudes tactic, anyway i want you to tell me that each class doesn't need the must have skills in order to survive and how that is customization exactly

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Porcell View Post

So true, the game is about a week old and people think they should be abble to take on inferno without gimmicks? They said progression will take a lot of time and they're keeping their word by nerfing these rediculous abilities.

If people already did breeze through inferno without gimmicks players would complain about it being too easy, you HAVE to wait this out and grind and see what will happen. It's only a week old afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by Caiada View Post
    Most of those strategies are reliant on OP skills being nerfed. A lot of people are also finding that kiting isn't the end-all once you stack enough defenses. Kiting as the sole binary strategy is a way to circumvent being undergeared.
    Show me a class that isn't melee that doesn't have to keep kiting without a gimmic

Quote Originally Posted by ggabboud View Post
    Show me a class that isn't melee that doesn't have to keep kiting without a gimmic
    Kiting as the sole binary strategy.

Yes, ranged classes that have to stay away from monsters have to kite.

Quote Originally Posted by StationaryHawk View Post
    Kiting is a tactic.
    Yes sorry I meant more than one tactic that's what I was complaining about sorry if that wasn't clear

Quote Originally Posted by ggabboud View Post
    Let me start off by saying that d3 delivered on a lot of what it promised but the biggest flaw IN MY opinion is inferno. They said that inferno would challenge the player into developing tactics to take down monsters. All I do and all I see on YouTube is people kiting and nothing else. It doesn't matter what skills you use you have to kite in order to down elites. That's not clever at all it's just boring in MY opinion. Strategy is something different I'd much prefer the diablo 2 system where it was op than this kiting. I saw some dude online who had a clever build for wizards but apparently they nerfed it, my witch doctors pets are worthless in inferno and so are a lot of people's skills, my friend plays a wizard and I'd he doesn't take diamond skin then he is a newb, that is not freedom of choice at all.

Sorry it's one big blob it's on my iPhone and I'm at work :P

What are your opinions?
    I don't use diamond skin in inferno, also, I don't have to kite if I don't want to. I can have a tank/crit spec that involves spectral blades health return and replacing my secondary with meteor strike.

Personally I use a blizzard/hydra/arcane build with teleport/fracture and force armor but that's because I am using MF build atm, will be swapping to a new build when I get gear.

There are many different tactics to use, but if you're breaking it down there really is only 2 things you can do, you know that right?

Either the mob is hitting you.... or it isn't.
    Quote Originally Posted by Lugo Moll View Post
    Consider this philosophical question: If Blizz fails, but noone is there to see it. Will there still be QQ?

Kiting will only be an issue until you're geared. Yes, Champion packs being harder than bosses is some stupid silly stuff but the complaining isn't all that warranted. I just wish they'd balance it out so that a class that's built around kiting doesn't have a huge advantage over one that should be tanky. All that does is make it easier for the kiter to kill mobs while being undergeared in comparison to the tanky dude. But that's an issue with itemization and class balance more than it is with inferno itself. Both things that they've said they'll be addressing soon.
    Quote Originally Posted by High Overlord Saurfang
    "I am he who watches they. I am the fist of retribution. That which does quell the recalcitrant. Dare you defy the Warchief? Dare you face my merciless judgement?"
    i7-6700 @2.8GHz | Nvidia GTX 960M | 16GB DDR4-2400MHz | 1 TB Toshiba SSD| Dell XPS 15

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Blizzard made 1 fail, and this was not listening to players feedback during beta. Of course, many whined about overpowered mob packs on inferno (mob immunity - void zones- freeze - mortar, have fun around)... Many whined about bosses, that are exactly the same on every other difficulty. They didn't take an advice, and therefore, they failed.
    Uh, none of those things were in beta, so I'm not sure how anyone was giving feedback on them.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    I think the OP's point isn't that Kiting isn't a tactic, but that it shouldn't be primarily the only tactic.
    Well, the people who rushed to Inferno, or at least didn't collect all the gear they could in the earlier difficulties, might find kiting the only armor they have.

10+ Year Old Account
    Kiting is just used right now because it's the most effective way of compensating for being undergeared.

Surely even one of your obvious intellectual fortitude realizes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Yzak View Post
    I think the OP's point isn't that Kiting isn't a tactic, but that it shouldn't be primarily the only tactic.
    People made it the only tactic by relying on broken/overpowered abilities while in fact being massively undergeared. So to avoid getting oneshotted while that ability is on cooldown, what do you do? That's right, you run away.

Quote Originally Posted by Okacz View Post
    Blizzard made 1 fail, and this was not listening to players feedback during beta. Of course, many whined about overpowered mob packs on inferno (mob immunity - void zones- freeze - mortar, have fun around). Many whined about riddiculus item stats, and the model of random item generator as whole (monk only fist weapons with pure intellect? Hell, why not!). Many whined about bosses, that are exactly the same on every other difficulty. They didn't take an advice, and therefore, they failed.

OR DID THEY?

Those mistakes are simply BASIC. It is not possible somebody came in and said "it is just fine, bosses way easier than mob packs are a pro idea". They left those mistakes, annoying features and bugs intentionally. So players have things to whine about, but anyway play the game. To make a Brave Patch Fix in future, so they are praised as heroes.

A game that is perfect would lack soul and fame. Blizzard knows that. Game needs flaws.
    I was in the beta and somehow missed this opportunity to test Inferno. In fact, I don't remember testing anything except up to the Skeleton King and up to level 13. Did I miss something? (I'm mostly sarcastic but also I stopped playing the beta a month or so before release so the game felt fresh). If I'm wrong, I'm okay with taking that chance

Quote Originally Posted by DarkTZeratul View Post
    Uh, none of those things were in beta, so I'm not sure how anyone was giving feedback on them.
    So very true.

GL fanboys clearing inferno in 2 months when you are perfectly geared for it. Being 1.5-shot instead of 1-shot will help you tremendously!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    GL fanboys clearing inferno in 2 months when you are perfectly geared for it. Being 1.5-shot instead of 1-shot will help you tremendously!
    Please, master, teach me your ways.