Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

How is this possible...

So when I'm usually hanging around in stormwind I see this guy around the forge pretty much all the time doing profession-related stuff. As of curiosity I inspect him and to my admiration I see that he made more than 850k gold from vendoring stuff (!). What I ask is how is that remotly possible, being such a huge amount?

imageshack.us/photo/my-images/834/moneywk.jpg/

From his armory he had enchanting and jewelcrafting, at 450 and 525 respectively.

Maybe he vendors everything rather than putting it on the Auction House?

Varying playstyles etc....

Strange too that he's only ever had 83k at a time. Makes me think that 850k came over a long period of time. Even still... Wow.

He doesnt post much auctions or buys alot... So i'm guessing its a send through char and he just vendors anything he cant sell...
    Maybe he vendored some epic fortune cookies?
    Last edited by niteline; 2012-05-25 at 10:21 AM.

I think you answered your own question, you said you see him at the forge all the time. In all reality it does not take a ton of time to make gold. A few hours a day every day for weeks, then months and it all adds up.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnomegates View Post
    I think you answered your own question, you said you see him at the forge all the time. In all reality it does not take a ton of time to make gold. A few hours a day every day for weeks, then months and it all adds up.
    The point here is not that he has made a lot of gold, it's that he made over 850,000 gold from VENDORING items. And while it's definitely possible it looks very very odd.

Quote Originally Posted by Nanotech View Post
    The point here is not that he has made a lot of gold, it's that he made over 850,000 gold from VENDORING items. And while it's definitely possible it looks very very odd.
    Well yes and no, you have to take into account how old the toon is. Lets say he is 5 years old, that is 1800 days, lets say he actually only ever played 1700 of those days, (prob still closer to the 1800 mark) that is only 500g per day that he sold to vendors. You can get near that by running a few dungeons and raids every day. Especially if you vendor off greens and blues instead of putting them on the AH. Over a period of time that 850,000g does not seem so much now. Maybe he has 5 level 85's that he does full valor cap runs with every week, and sends everything over to this one toon, his mule / bank toon to sell everything off. Now your gonna add up to 850,000 even quicker.
    Cheap Diablo 3 Gear and more! www.Gnomegates.com

Anyone else notice his gold spent on postage?? 50g which doesnt sound like a lot by at 30c per post/item its 16732 items/postages
    Originally Posted by Zarhym (Blue Tracker)

We're confident the .01% left will be thrilled to attend a post-apocalyptic BlizzCon.

Well yes and no, you have to take into account how old the toon is. Lets say he is 5 years old, that is 1800 days, lets say he actually only ever played 1700 of those days, (prob still closer to the 1800 mark) that is only 500g per day that he sold to vendors. You can get near that by running a few dungeons and raids every day. Especially if you vendor off greens and blues instead of putting them on the AH. Over a period of time that 850,000g does not seem so much now. Maybe he has 5 level 85's that he does full valor cap runs with every week, and sends everything over to this one toon, his mule / bank toon to sell everything off. Now your gonna add up to 850,000 even quicker.
    I don't know if you missed it, but the toon has an average gold earned per day of 5.7k...

10+ Year Old Account
    Could be the obsidium shuffle? Remember, before the price for cut green gems was nerfed, it was profitable to prospect stuff, leave some gems for alchemy transmutes and crafting and to cut and vendor the crappy ones, like zephyrite. A lot of people made A LOT of gold that way.

Deleted
    my friend does this aswell, well he use to before he quit. it could be his vendor/bank char? i know he use to send everything vendorable item to a char and sell it lol all the time.

Deleted
    It does look odd. I cnat say im ever bothered enough to go and look people up for achievements.

It may be that he found a disparity in that he could get more money by vendoring an item as a guaranteed profit. Rinse and repeat 200,000 times.

I guess it also gathers over time. If you just solo one old raid, e.g. Karazhan, I'm sure that you could get at least 1k gold from vendoring items alone, and then also questing items, looting trash items, selling gems back when they used to vendor for silly amounts...

As a JC probably did a lot of vendoring gems back before the price got nerfed.

my gold from vendors is 31... yay

But my gold on respecs: 2265

Deleted
    If you look closely you can see he only has 340 gold looted, so him running old raids is highly unlikely. I believe as some have said that this is just his vendor/proffesion char...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Eliot123 View Post
    I guess it also gathers over time. If you just solo one old raid, e.g. Karazhan, I'm sure that you could get at least 1k gold from vendoring items alone, and then also questing items, looting trash items, selling gems back when they used to vendor for silly amounts...
    I ran Karazhan from start to the chess event solo (I couldn't be bothered to solo that) and I made somewhere in the region of 5-600 gold total, without even bothering to loot all of the trash mobs. Admittedly, a lot of that is pure gold from bosses and trash, but a fair amount was from the items dropped.

Do that often enough over a long period of time and you'll rack up gold.

Well yes and no, you have to take into account how old the toon is. Lets say he is 5 years old, that is 1800 days, lets say he actually only ever played 1700 of those days, (prob still closer to the 1800 mark) that is only 500g per day that he sold to vendors.
    "Only" 500G per day? Over 5 years, every day seems "only" to you? And since the statistic was introduced with achievements at the end of bc, it's closer to four years. This would be a ridiculous amount. And we are only talking about selling items to npcs.

I would rather expect a flaw in the statistic, what happens to the statistic if you sell a item, and buy it back, and sell it again to a vendor?
    Last edited by Puri; 2012-05-27 at 03:19 PM.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    This pretty much, you can easily make 20k per day withtout much more than 3 hours of farm and other 2 of ah/crafts/de's.

Imagine that in one week, then in a month and then in one year.

Specially if you don't spend it on alts or so, you just make and save.

Quote Originally Posted by shise View Post
    This pretty much, you can easily make 20k per day withtout much more than 3 hours of farm and other 2 of ah/crafts/de's.
    how can you make 20k in 3 hours?

i got every professtion maxed (execpt LW and BS) but i got no idea how to turn those into gold...when i feel that i want gold i go level up new toon(but now my slots are full) :P
    And last but not least mages (but only together with a disc priest)

'damn im oom, lets reset the fight and go drink, evocate, shadowfiend, hymn of hope, hymn of something else, mana jade, you name it! Lame!

Quote Originally Posted by Priceless View Post
    I don't know if you missed it, but the toon has an average gold earned per day of 5.7k...
    5 years old... not until wotlk could you make that kind of gold in a day simply by farming dungeons/raids/vendoring. You would have to do some serious farming/AH'ing