Page 1 of 10
... LastLast

College Age girls, settle this debate!

I just got into a debate on IRC:
    [14:15] <Virus-X> plas: But you're in your 30s.... you probably wont get much action from normal college age girls
    [14:15] <Virus-X> instead you will be the creepy old guy
    [14:15] <plasmadis> i approve of rubbers
    [14:15] <plasmadis> some chicks are down with the old guy, tired of getting the same old from the kids
    [14:16] <@Joey1> yeah his mother never was on food stamps and welfare...oh wait that is upper middle class now...
    [14:16] <plasmadis> too upper class for my tastes
    [14:16] * Gargantou (secret@c80-216-222-36.bredband.comhem.se) Quit ( Goodbye. )
    [14:17] <plasmadis> fb +.54
    [14:17] <plasmadis> what a joke
    [14:17] * pixel (~pixel@gateway.kalsec.com) has joined #obama
    [14:17] <@Joey1> plasmadis believe me if you're in you early to mid 30s and still have your hair women will want to talk to you...just don't be a dick
    [14:17] <plasmadis> yes sir
    [14:17] <Virus-X> joey: Yeah but college age girls? 18-20??
    [14:17] <pixel> lol @ still have your hair
    [14:17] <@Joey1> yes virus-x they will
    [14:18] <@Joey1> the adventure of it all from being away from home...

basiclly this guy is like 35 and going back to college. He hopes to get "action" at some uni in california. I on the other hand contend, that as a college student in his mid 30s , he will be the "Creepy Old guy" and will not get any such action from girls of a normal collegiate age.

College Age girls, settle this debate! What say you?
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

10+ Year Old Account
    I've seen stranger things. Just wait for the Freshman 15 to kick in, convince them their dad hates them, and you're in.

If some girls get laid by their 50+ year old professor then anything can happen.

there are not that few girls around that are into older men, father complex, Im tellin ya.

Deleted
    Some girls will, no doubt. Most girls in my class swoon over the one guy with muscles and gelled hair. None of the guys stood out to me old or otherwise, but they never do.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lothar View Post
    there are not that few girls around that are into older men, father complex, Im tellin ya.

Sadly, yes, there is A LOT

Quote Originally Posted by Somebodyelse View Post
    Sadly, yes, there is A LOT
    at some point I bet you will be happy about this.

10+ Year Old Account
    Reprehension about sexual attraction due to age is a more modern thing, and an aspect of a more modernized society.. in an age where people are focusing more and more on fitting in and joining the stratification of social life, deviating from the norm, especially in an area as personal as attraction, is seen as taboo. But in terms of normal human behavior, history has shown us that in natural states such a thing is not unnatural.

As a woman in my 30's things like this are disappointing. There are plenty of single, beautiful, intelligent ladies in their 30's looking for men their own age to make a connection with, but sometimes it feels like most of the men aren't even willing to give them a second look over the 20-somethings.

Also, I am in college in my 30's and I can attest to the fact that you stick out like a sore thumb to start out with. If he's running around hitting on co-ed's he's definitely amping up his creep factor.

30s is not exactly old. Doesn't mean he's not creepy though.

Yeah I just finished university and the old guys in classes were almost always creepy because they seemed to try too hard and they really stuck out. The only way he will be ok is if he looks really young. I once had a 46 yr old woman in my spanish class who I could tell was older, but I srsly thought she was like maybe 25 at the max. Nope, she was 46 and had a 16 yr old kid, she was hot though.
    Gamdwelf the Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Theodarzna View Post
    I'm calling it, Republicans will hold congress in 2018 and Trump will win again in 2020.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    30s is not exactly old. Doesn't mean he's not creepy though.
    30s isn'told, however it is old compared to the normal collegiate age female (18-22)
    (This signature was removed for violation of the Avatar & Signature Guidelines)

Quote Originally Posted by glassmenagerie View Post
    As a woman in my 30's things like this are disappointing. There are plenty of single, beautiful, intelligent ladies in their 30's looking for men their own age to make a connection with, but sometimes it feels like most of the men aren't even willing to give them a second look over the 20-somethings.

Also, I am in college in my 30's and I can attest to the fact that you stick out like a sore thumb to start out with. If he's running around hitting on co-ed's he's definitely amping up his creep factor.
    No offense, but it's just a fact of life that younger women are more attractive to the vast majority of men than older women.

Just because you can't understand why a man finds someone much younger than you more attractive, doesn't mean they're automatically creepy. Seems rather ignorant on your part.

Further elaborating on the ignorance factor, since when is someone in their early 30s hitting on people in their 20s creepy? Is the common person this close minded and oblivious to the many, many people that date and get married with 10~ year age gaps?
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega View Post
    30s isn'told, however it is old compared to the normal collegiate age female (18-22)
    That's probably why the second sentence was there. But ultimately, isn't a comparison like that ultimately based on personal views, and therefore isn't so much a solid value as much as a reflection of the views of society as a whole impressing on the views of individuals?

Quote Originally Posted by Scigodomega View Post
    I meant not old in the sense that seeing him with an undergrad would not be particularly wierd. Obviously activiely pursuing only them makes him seem like a creepy old perv, of course.

Quote Originally Posted by semaphore View Post
    I meant not old in the sense that seeing him with an undergrad would not be particularly wierd. Obviously activiely pursuing only them makes him seem like a creepy old perv, of course.
    Yeah, hitting on legal girls totally makes people a "perv".

per·vert/pərˈvərt/

A person whose sexual behavior is regarded as abnormal and unacceptable.
    If you think it's unacceptable that someone in their 30s (or any age for that matter) finds younger women attractive, you don't have a firm grasp on reality.
    i7-4770k - GTX 780 Ti - 16GB DDR3 Ripjaws - (2) HyperX 120s / Vertex 3 120
    ASRock Extreme3 - Sennheiser Momentums - Xonar DG - EVGA Supernova 650G - Corsair H80i

build pics

Quote Originally Posted by Kasierith View Post
    That's probably why the second sentence was there. But ultimately, isn't a comparison like that ultimately based on personal views, and therefore isn't so much a solid value as much as a reflection of the views of society as a whole impressing on the views of individuals?
    Yeah, though I think there may be a near-universal general disdain for large age discrepancies (at least, when one or both individuals in a relationship are young in absolute terms).

Most of my college friends that are girls; usually look for an older guy (30s) because they have daddy issues and just like being the young cute thing around all the other guys. I mean who does she have to compete with? The 30 yr old GF? Everyone knows 18-20s>30s

Quote Originally Posted by glo View Post
    Yeah, hitting on legal girls totally makes people a "perv".
    If you think it's unacceptable that someone in their 30s (or any age for that matter) finds younger women attractive, you don't have a firm grasp on reality.
    Where did I say it is "unacceptable" or that it "makes" hiim a pervert? Did you ignore my first sentence?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Emberhelm View Post
    Most of my college friends that are girls; usually look for an older guy (30s) because they have daddy issues and just like being the young cute thing around all the other guys. I mean who does she have to compete with? The 30 yr old GF? Everyone knows 18-20s>30s
    Or, maybe they value maturity and stability over the chaos of a college boyfriend? Or perhaps they simply enjoy the company of someone they knew before they started considering dating? Humans are more complex than, if you do this you have "daddy issues."

Also, I know a lot of women in their 30s who are absolutely stunning, and have the knowledge and experience to enhance their image even further. It matters a lot on the person, ultimately