Page 10 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    WARNING!

If you find a ghillie suit or any kind of clothing.... DO NOT PUT IT ON!

It will make you lose all your inventory and you will also lose the ghillie suit.

If you had a ghillie suit prior to patch 1.7.2 you will lose it, if your lucky you might keep your inventory.

I finally found a ghillie suit for my 12 in game day old char.... and I lost the suit and some of my inventory but not all since I read on the wiki prior to putting it on that it might kill you (yay another bug with it) so I put my most important stuff in the tents we have.

Not only did I find a ghillie suit tonight, but I also found a L85 something (the thermal weapon) I found 2 of them no less...... but guess what.... since patch 1.7.2, they don´t work and show up as a blank when you try to pick them up .

Fucking sucks losing that suit.
    Well alpha is alpha.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/...othing-in-172/
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-07-13 at 06:12 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I've suffered two spontaneous deaths after getting a handful of decent gear. One was just inside Cherno, I'd grabbed an ALICE pack (after getting a Czech backpack a minute before. Dropped dead while moving gear around my packs.

Another time, simply died lying on the ground outside Balota airstrip. Both times, I wasn't in any medical danger whatsoever.

Both those deaths, however, happened on the [EGG] Clan server. Avoid, tbh.
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FlawlessSoul View Post
    I've suffered two spontaneous deaths after getting a handful of decent gear. One was just inside Cherno, I'd grabbed an ALICE pack (after getting a Czech backpack a minute before. Dropped dead while moving gear around my packs.

Another time, simply died lying on the ground outside Balota airstrip. Both times, I wasn't in any medical danger whatsoever.

Both those deaths, however, happened on the [EGG] Clan server. Avoid, tbh.
    I would guess that you where sniped perhaps?
    The store death could be from a Mp5 with silencer or any silenced weapon, headshot that is.
    Last edited by Torched; 2012-07-13 at 06:48 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.

Quote Originally Posted by Torched View Post
    The store death could be from a Mp5 with silencer or any silenced weapon, headshot that is.
    The one at the airstrip is a possibility, but the one in Cherno was me standing in an apartment room entirely alone. Not even near a window.

I died a few times just out of the blue too, no gunshots, no anything. Different place every time. I doubt it was silenced weapons or snipers. I'm thinking it was server desync that's quite massive after the new patch.
    "Loss of blood... My only weakness!"
    ~ Warlord Khan, Magicka

Anyway, if you don't already see where I'm going with this, allow me to spell it out: the only meaningful MMORPG "endgame" -- i.e., something novel to do after the progression process is over -- is that of the sandbox.

Finally have my server!

IP: 83.142.84.200

Port: 2502

See you online

think its something called gcorp.

kinda excited to have my reserved slots

There is (or atleast was) a bug where you would break your own bones just by walking over certain terrains/things. Happened few times to me in the past. Just walking around in forest and then the sound of bones cracking fills the air and bloodmeter drops down to 1000 blood or so after which I fell unconcious and death collected me in matter of seconds.
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account
    Fucking sucks losing that suit.
    Well alpha is alpha.
    I had 4 ghillie suits before this last patch, lost 3 on the debug island and the most recent being sniped while loading in hehe. When I equipped my first one the server restarted ~20 seconds after and debugged me when I logged in a few minutes later.

Encountered an interesting rewind/loot bug while playing with some friends, we amassed some decentish weapons (Saw, DMR, m107 etc) but while swapping the loot around a few of us ended up holding the Saw, we logged for the night and when we logged on the next day several people had lost their rifles and had the same Saw equipped.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Wilian View Post
    There is (or atleast was) a bug where you would break your own bones just by walking over certain terrains/things. Happened few times to me in the past. Just walking around in forest and then the sound of bones cracking fills the air and bloodmeter drops down to 1000 blood or so after which I fell unconcious and death collected me in matter of seconds.
    Yeah, I'd be willing to accept that as a possibility, except in both cases it was literally instant death. From being in control, to the You Are Dead screen, in a second.

Got myself back into Cherno, picked up food and ammo, stuffed it all in an ALICE pack. All I need now is a map, and a toolbox. All these douchebags throwing around wire fence kits everywhere -.-

Had a go of it when i was round me mates earlier.

God dam awful game. I mean I like the concept but the "zombies" are completely retarded. There should be more zombies but move slower.

The whole mod as a whole is slow.

Quote Originally Posted by steveyboy View Post
    Had a go of it when i was round me mates earlier.

God dam awful game. I mean I like the concept but the "zombies" are completely retarded. There should be more zombies but move slower.

The whole mod as a whole is slow.
    Survivalist games tend to be pretty slow. This ain't Killing Floor or L4D.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

Deleted
    Alpha is Alpha? This is the only colour this Mod comes in, jeez has no one actually played the amazingly solid, bug free game Arma 2?

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Survivalist games tend to be pretty slow. This ain't Killing Floor or L4D.
    Yeah there is slow then there is this game. Its just so empty.

I mean there are hardly any zombies for a city.

Just way to slow.

Just way to slow.
    Yeah, it doesn't serve my need for instant gratification!
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

10+ Year Old Account

Just way to slow.
    I don´t play this game to kill zombies... I play this game to run around with my friends hunting other players.

That one kill that you get after running around and finding someone gives me more satisfaction then slaughtering people in other fps games.
    Then there is the whole teams vs teams, if you run into an other team with your team... that´s some adrenaline right there, since if you die... you lose all your amazing gear, hell if I die now in the game I lose a char that has been alive for 13 in game days and has some insane loot.

The only other game that comes close to the adrenaline thing is EvE online for me.
    -The Acts of Pilate.

I don´t play this game to kill zombies... I play this game to run around with my friends hunting other players.

That one kill that you get after running around and finding someone gives me more satisfaction then slaughtering people in other fps games.
    Then there is the whole teams vs teams, if you run into an other team with your team... that´s some adrenaline right there, since if you die... you lose all your amazing gear, hell if I die now in the game I lose a char that has been alive for 13 in game days and has some insane loot.

The only other game that comes close to the adrenaline thing is EvE online for me.
    Pretty much.

Since UO is a distant memory, EvE has been filling the nasty loot stealing bastard sized hole in my heart...

...and now it's filled by Day Z.

On day 15 of my current character. 3 days of having an infection. They really need to make antibiotics more available, at least spawn a little more frequently than they do. I'm actually amazed a bug hasn't killed me yet (knock on wood). One of the friends I run around with has died to bugs 3 times in the period since I've made this current character, including somehow getting eaten by a tent. Oh, while kind of on the same subject, if you're on Atlanta 19 before the server resets you might end up with a M4 with a silencer and 5 rounds of ammo given by the admins there. Like fools we didn't take advantage and immediately move to another server to keep our stuff, but right as we were discussing it the server reset and set us back a couple hours (which for one of my buddies meant he was back to spawning on the coast and we had to meet up with him again).

Can I mention how much I hate punkasses who attack you and then log out when the tide turns on them? Had someone kill one of my friends as he was near a window of a grocery store in Berenzino near the Hospital, and I know for a fact I hit him a few times with my 1911 because I saw him bleeding, but he immediately ran behind a burned out vehicle and dropped server. I can only hope when he logged back in he was knocked out and bled to death. Fuck those kind of players. I don't hate on bandits, even though I have zero murders ATM but that's not for fear of having to gun it out with people, but more so that my group and myself don't take unnecessary risks like the NW Airfield. Once we catch up other people in the group who just recently got the game, and maybe acquire some vehicles it's going to be on.
    Last edited by nbm02ss; 2012-07-13 at 08:00 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by nbm02ss View Post
    Can I mention how much I hate punkasses who attack you and then log out when the tide turns on them? Had someone kill one of my friends as he was near a window of a grocery store in Berenzino near the Hospital, and I know for a fact I hit him a few times with my 1911 because I saw him bleeding, but he immediately ran behind a burned out vehicle and dropped server. I can only hope when he logged back in he was knocked out and bled to death. Fuck those kind of players.
    I'm certain Rocket is aware of this problem. I'd be willing to bet that by around when beta time starts, we'll see a system implemented to not allow logouts under fire/attack, or to have a 20s logout timer (like in MMOs). Would be a pretty simple implementation really.

Deleted
    Whenever I log onto I server I get a blinking blackscreen. Anyone else having this problem?

Quote Originally Posted by Platinus View Post
    Whenever I log onto I server I get a blinking blackscreen. Anyone else having this problem?
    You fucked up and applied an update that isn't released yet because Six Launcher also fucked up, downgrade it using the official files (or wait until tomorrow since 1.7.2.2 will probably be released by then and every updater will have the real files).