Page 14 of 31 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Wookeh View Post
    I finaly found my first M107 and a bucket load of ammo for it.. the best backpack ingame and a sweet supressed M9 with 4 clips... i kill a guy near the airfield and within 20 seconds later everyone on the server gets killed... i couldn't believe it. Turns out it was a hacker if i may believe the dayz forums. How piss poor.
    Yeah I've been laying low for the past few days playing all my Steam Sale games while they sort out the hacker issues...it's pretty fucking awful atm.
    Corsair 500r - i5-3570k@4.8 - H100i - 580 DirectCUII - Crucial M4
    Lenovo y580 - i7-3630QM - 660M - Crucial M4 mSATA

10+ Year Old Account
    I've experienced the server-wide death thing twice, first time I relogged and it was if nothing had happened but the most recent one killed all of our week+ old characters. I've yet to have any direct experience with cheaters so far, as in being shot by them.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Quote Originally Posted by Grraarrgghh View Post
    Yeah I've been laying low for the past few days playing all my Steam Sale games while they sort out the hacker issues...it's pretty fucking awful atm.
    Yeah, I haven't really messed with Day Z for a few days. Seems hackers are getting worse. Last weekend a friend logged in just to check on our little stash we have going in our tents in the middle of BFE and he died once he connected. Current character is on day 17. Fuck losing her to hackers. I'll just try to wait it out.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Anyone else think that bandits should be hilariously more obvious than normal players who havent murdered?

Every single time I see a player they attack me and I end up gunning them down with minimal effort when in actual fact Ide rather play with them or trade ect (since I usually dont need their guns) but these people end up getting themselves killed for no good reason.

A thing they could avoid if this game wasnt so hostile, after it got really popular it just became a bloody FPS rather than a survival game. It would be great for them to make the bandit skin return or do something else to compensate, because atm when I kill a known bandit it counts as a murder.
    Well they removed that because not knowing who you can trust adds a whole lot to the game. Yesterday i helped a guy escape zombies, using his mic for help as he was new... we went together and once he found a lee enfield he shot me, took my gear and left.

Bottom line is, always... always shoot first and ask questions later unless you know that person. I kill everyone i see that's in range simply because i don't want to be the one that ends up dying and losing my gear.

Quote Originally Posted by Tommo View Post
    Anyone else think that bandits should be hilariously more obvious than normal players who havent murdered?

Every single time I see a player they attack me and I end up gunning them down with minimal effort when in actual fact Ide rather play with them or trade ect (since I usually dont need their guns) but these people end up getting themselves killed for no good reason.

A thing they could avoid if this game wasnt so hostile, after it got really popular it just became a bloody FPS rather than a survival game. It would be great for them to make the bandit skin return or do something else to compensate, because atm when I kill a known bandit it counts as a murder.
    Yeah, I hope we'll see some more bandit/survivor distinction in the future.

I switched to being a bandit when I found out the hard way that you can't trust anyone
    Best example happend today, spawned a new char, found a rotting corpse filled with riches, when I was done looting a survivor approached behind me screaming "friendly" on the mic and I didn't see any weapon on him at all so I decided that it would be too cruel to kill an unarmed survior. So I turn my back to him and that's when he pulls out his axe and start taking swings at me. We do the circle dance for a bit, but in the end I managed to kill him. So I thought that was a mistake, but before I could loot his body another person showed up, also unarmed. I pointed my gun at him real long, but he didn't seem aggressive. Then he asked "why did you kill all these people?" (there were now 2 corpes) and before I had time to respond he started swining a axe in my back. Killed him and barely escaped with 4000 blood.

I love DayZ.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Quote Originally Posted by Dezerte View Post

I switched to being a bandit when I found out the hard way that you can't trust anyone
    Best example happend today, spawned a new char, found a rotting corpse filled with riches, when I was done looting a survivor approached behind me screaming "friendly" on the mic and I didn't see any weapon on him at all so I decided that it would be too cruel to kill an unarmed survior. So I turn my back to him and that's when he pulls out his axe and start taking swings at me. We do the circle dance for a bit, but in the end I managed to kill him. So I thought that was a mistake, but before I could loot his body another person showed up, also unarmed. I pointed my gun at him real long, but he didn't seem aggressive. Then he asked "why did you kill all these people?" (there were now 2 corpes) and before I had time to respond he started swining a axe in my back. Killed him and barely escaped with 4000 blood.

I love DayZ.
    I honestly can't get enough of the mic system...it's so...visceral...

10+ Year Old Account
    So with the steam sale going on I (like many others I'm sure) bought Arma II to play Day Z, but even after trying every single thing I could find for trouble shooting I still get kicked from servers with the BattleEye failed to update error. Posting here in case anyone might know of another fix I may have missed. Thank you in advance for any replies I get.

I love DayZ.
    Bandit/survivor distinction was removed.
    It used to be that when you dropped to negative humanity, you got a desert/tan forest camo skin.

But it was really painful because it meant everyone would automatically start shooting at you even if you weren't hostile at the moment.
    And there was the issue of being forced to kill as you did. Those two kills, even in self defense, would have dropped you to bandit status, and you'd then be wearing the skin and have to deal with everyone trying to kill you right off the bat.

Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    So with the steam sale going on I (like many others I'm sure) bought Arma II to play Day Z, but even after trying every single thing I could find for trouble shooting I still get kicked from servers with the BattleEye failed to update error. Posting here in case anyone might know of another fix I may have missed. Thank you in advance for any replies I get.
    you're updated to the current beta, and current battleye version, and current Arma 2 version? dayz updated as well?

i had the same issue all yesterday and what i had to do to fix it was update everything under the sun just to be sure, then i had to actually open up arma 2 by itself, then arma 2 OA by itself... tryin to think, but i think i actually used took the beta .exe and copy/pasted it into the arma OA folder and then made a back up of the .exe that was in the OA folder originally.

edit: and run everything on admin

edit again: a great link that has a bunch of trouble shooting issues handled is http://kodabar.blogspot.com/2012/05/...ma-2-free.html look through the first post of each of the comments for your issue. not sure if this one was mentioned, but it's a good link non the less. can't remember where i found my fix, but it was either here, or on the dayz forums using the search "battleye" i think.
    Last edited by DDazzle; 2012-07-20 at 04:01 AM.
    Experience is the best teacher.. if you can afford the tuition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Treeskee View Post
    A few friends and I had a similar problem a while ago but I think ours may have been a temporary problem with their update server, basically we kept getting kicked after a few minutes because BattleEye couldn't update and the only way it fix it was searching through servers until we found one where it would connect and update. The reason I think it's a seperate problem is because it only happened the once and it's updates without fault every other time but it could be worth trying quite a few servers if you havn't already.

It may be possible for some one to send you their updated BattleEye files but even if it's possible you could run into problems as I think it validated against your CD key.
    Her hall is called Eljudnir,
    her dish is Hunger,
    her knife is Famine,
    her slave is Lazy,
    and Slothful is her woman servant.

Deleted
    Question: I heard somewhere that it's possible to get the demo of Arma II (Arma II Free IIRC) + Operation Arrowhead (12 euro) and still be able to play Day Z instead of having to buy Combined Ops (20 euro). Is this true? Are there any downsides?
    Last edited by mmocec95b0aeea; 2012-07-20 at 09:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DanielBrems View Post
    Question: I heard somewhere that it's possible to get the demo of Arma II (Arma II Free IIRC) + Operation Arrowhead (12 euro) and still be able to play Day Z instead of having to buy Combined Ops (20 euro). Is this true? Are there any downsides?
    Poor textures is the downside.
    "In order to maintain a tolerant society, the society must be intolerant of intolerance." Paradox of tolerance

Deleted
    Poor textures is the downside.
    How significant is the difference?

Deleted
    quite big. Honestly if i wouldn;t have it already. I wait till last day of steam summer sale if i can see a 50% 75% off deal. Last day i would get the 20% 1 if i didn't see it. Also reason i bought full version is cause well next to Dayz and the beta and dayz patching, i looked into the campaign and its awfully damn fun

I'm actually stunned how big the difference is. ARMA II is a very snazzy lookin game for one from 2009.

Found a box inside a hospital that had every DayZ item and there was 50 of each. I was like JACKPOT! But I didn't take anything on fears of getting banned from all the DayZ servers.

10+ Year Old Account
    According to my friend who has been playing this game for a long time, I have the best luck of any person he has ever met. In the week I have been playing this game I have already found 8 bicycles, 2 pickup trucks, that army vehicle with the wooden back that can fit a ton of friends, 7 buses, 2 motorcycles, 2 spawned helicopters at the airfield (completely ready to fly), 47 downed helicopters, 3 ATV's, and 3 tractors. In line of weapons, I have found 3 M107's at barracks' and an M107 at a heli crash. I have found every version of the M4 multiple times, I have found the FAL more than 10 times, and I have found the L85A2 twice now. I have also found the M136 rocket launcher 4 times now, but it is an awful weapon>.>. I am yet to find a ghillie suit though, which I want really badly. My only issue is that once I find a ton of good stuff, I seem to die within the hour. At the moment my character is in day 2 and has an M107, a revolver, and an L85A2 for spotting. I am really loving this game, absolutely worth the $23 I paid for it.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    According to my friend who has been playing this game for a long time, I have the best luck of any person he has ever met. In the week I have been playing this game I have already found 8 bicycles, 2 pickup trucks, that army vehicle with the wooden back that can fit a ton of friends, 7 buses, 2 motorcycles, 2 spawned helicopters at the airfield (completely ready to fly), 47 downed helicopters, 3 ATV's, and 3 tractors. In line of weapons, I have found 3 M107's at barracks' and an M107 at a heli crash. I have found every version of the M4 multiple times, I have found the FAL more than 10 times, and I have found the L85A2 twice now. I have also found the M136 rocket launcher 4 times now, but it is an awful weapon>.>. I am yet to find a ghillie suit though, which I want really badly. My only issue is that once I find a ton of good stuff, I seem to die within the hour. At the moment my character is in day 2 and has an M107, a revolver, and an L85A2 for spotting. I am really loving this game, absolutely worth the $23 I paid for it.
    That's insane. I've found one crash, at night when it was pitch black. A friend and I were heading to stary when he spotted a flashing light which turned out to be the bugged muzzle flash of the mounted gun on one side of the chopper wreckage. With the rain hammering down, we sat in the trees waiting for it to stop. Half an hour later, with him wanting to log off, I crawled in close while he kept watch. Two FN FALs without ammo were all that were there

Recently picked up both a DMR and an M14, and they're both great (if really noisy).
    5800X | XFX 7900XTX | Prime X570 Pro | 32GB | 990Pro + SN850 2TB | Define 7

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea I used the M14 until I found a bunch of tents that had DMR's in them. From that point on I passed the DMR's out to my 3 friends and we camped on the outskirts of the Northwest Airfield. M14 is my favorite non-sniper rifle and is the best zombie killing gun I've ever used.
    "Death is not kind. It's dark, black as far as you can see, and you're all alone."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bekilrwale View Post
    Yea I used the M14 until I found a bunch of tents that had DMR's in them. From that point on I passed the DMR's out to my 3 friends and we camped on the outskirts of the Northwest Airfield. M14 is my favorite non-sniper rifle and is the best zombie killing gun I've ever used.
    If you ever find the gun named MK 48 Mod 0... use it!, it is by far the best zombie and player killing gun I have ever used and one of the best non-sniper rifle gun, its a BEAST! 1 shot 1 kill no matter where you shot and it has a 100 round clip and 400 meters effective range and a red dot site.

My favorite gun beside the 50 cal sniper rifles.

http://dayzdb.com/database/mk-48-mod-0

Last edited by Torched; 2012-07-21 at 12:07 AM.
    “A man will contend for a false faith stronger than he will a true one,” he observes. “The truth defends itself, but a falsehood must be defended by its adherents: first to prove it to themselves and secondly, that they may appear right in the estimation of their friends.”
    -The Acts of Pilate.