Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Both! definitely both.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

10+ Year Old Account
    Played Skyrim, didn't play D3, so don't know how valid my opinion is, but i strongly suggest you play Skyrim if you can, since the game is really awesome and you shouldn't skip it. I'll probably pick up D3 sooner than later, if only I didn't have finals right now...
    Mindless...

10+ Year Old Account
    People need to stop giving the remark of "neither, go outside" while themselves sitting at a computer posting on a video game forum. Apparently the OP isn't homeless and doesn't spend every minute on the streets, and wants some entertainment for when he's inside, how dare he.

OT: I'd pick up D3 and wait for Skyrim to drop in price. Steam is gonna have their summer sale, so Skyrim will be cheap come then.
    Last edited by Irony; 2012-05-25 at 02:06 PM.
    You can tell WoW changed the MMO for good when players started complaining about the amount of time they sink, into a time sink.

Deleted
    just buy d3 and LEGALLY OBTAIN skyrim, problem solved

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim or Diablo III? Seriously?

They are very different kinds of games so it would depend a lot on the kind of game you prefer. Personally I bought Skyrim back in November and, six months later, I'm still playing it. There are so many great mods for it at Skyrim Nexus. I bought Diablo III too and played it for, maybe, four days. Have not had any desire to play it again. Skyrim can be hard on weak PC's so you should probably keep that in mind too.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

I personally prefer Skyrim.

Quote Originally Posted by Shemade View Post
    Me personally? I'd go with the game called outside. It's really quite a good game, can get quite long, but is REALLY worth it.

Best of all, it's FREE!
    Watch out guys, we got a badass over here! Cause you know, just cause it's summer, it means that you will never ever set foot in your house and you'll be outside all the time! Flawless logic right here I tell you.

OT: Personally I would say Skyrim, it's a game everyone should play atleast once (never ever touched an elder scroll game before Skyrim).

Personally I don't like Skyrim. At all. The combat was very clunky and I guess I'm not a big sandbox wander aimlessly type of guy. Personally I would probably rank it as my worse video game purchase of all time. I've debated trying to sell it, but I'm not sure if its possible with the way it interacts with Steam etc. Should probably look into that.

As a lot of people have said, try to play both. They are both excellent games.

Deleted
    Depends on what kind of game genres you enjoy and what kind of person you are.

People here are making remarks using their own experience, but you can't really use that information to much, as it will vary from person to person. We really need some more information about you and what kind of games you enjoy.

WARNING: SUBJECTIVE OPINION BELOW
    I see a lot of people saying Skyrim outdoes Diablo 3, which I am inclined to disagree with. I thought Skyrim had a terribly weak story and incredibly bland combat and my god did the exploring get repetitive fast. Diablo 3 is a lot more gratifying to play in my opinion.

And this is why most of this thread is moot, we have people slinging opinons at eachother, that won't give you a very good image of what the games are actually like unfortunately.

Tell us about yourself OP! Then we might be able to properly help you.

EDIT: I just realized I used to play in the poster above me's guild back in mid-WotLK, glad to see WPaL is still around.

Deleted
    Diablo story lasts 1 day
    Skyrim world lasts way more
    HOWEVER
    Diablo has 10 times more longevity if you dont mind replaying
    I couldnt sit through alot of gametime in a row in skyrim

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kapaya View Post
    OT: Personally I would say Skyrim, it's a game everyone should play atleast once (never ever touched an elder scroll game before Skyrim).
    Was pretty much the same for me. I think I might have bought Morrowind, or maybe it was Daggerfell, way back when but it wasn't really memorable by any means. I bought Skyrim for the same reason I bought Diablo III, bored and had a spare sixty, but I'm still playing Skyrim and don't see ever playing Diablo III again.
    Sir Robin, the Not-Quite-So-Brave-As-Sir-Lancelot.
    Who had nearly fought the Dragon of Angnor.
    Who had almost stood up to the vicious Chicken of Bristol.
    And who had personally wet himself, at the Battle of Badon Hill.

Deleted
    i love all skyrim and Dibalo!

10+ Year Old Account
    Skyrim is great untill you finish the goals you set out to do then it just involves slaughtering town guards with fire, ice and lighting...or killing a family member and rezzing them as undead so they fight each other :S It generally involves alot of get quest-> travel to location-> clear dungeon->sell/ store loot-> repeat

Deleted
    I'll give you my opinion on both.

Skyrim and Diablo 3 are both fun, but they both have pros and cons.

Skyrim - Large open world single player story. If you've played oblivion/morrowing you'll know how the combat works, it's first person with swords, magic and ranged weapons. The story is mediocre, it's good and has some real depth in the fantastic universe that is the Elder Scrolls but in my opinion it's not told as well as it could be, the chracters don't really stand out as anything other than set-pieces and the pacing is both awkward and strange. The world itself is really nice looking and massive with plenty to explore but eventually all that exploring becomes repetative and comes down to spelunking and exploring caves for loots/quests which outside a select few as well as the main story are nothing more than go here and explore. If you're getting it for PC you have the added longevity with mods which can change any number of things as well as adding new quests and I like this as I felt outside of the main story and a selct few side quests the game got boring fast. I've played around 60 hours, 20 of those were exploring which as I said, got boring fast, the rest involved the main story line and the important side-quests.

Diablo 3 - Typical, grindy, dugneon crawling hack and slash. The game suffers from some major flaws, and whilst people will defend blizzards choices and stances on the subject I think they're BS and unjustifiable. The first is that the game is 100% online, without an internet connection you can't play, even if you're playing single player. What this means is that you also latency issue in single player if you're getting internet problems jsut like you would any online multiplayer game. In my opinion the pacing is awful, the first act is repetative with no exciting combat, the same locations if not that then they're very simmilar, the second act gets moer interesting and definatly better with a wider range of locations but after that the pacing goes haywire again. The combat feels thin and unresponsive, you feel more like shooting a pea-shooter than a shotgun if you get my drift, attacks don't have enough oomph in them. Customization is at an all time low. We don't have talent trees, you have 6 "slots" if you will, and a bunch of abilities you can unlock and upgrade and you chose 6 to roll with. Those upgrades come in the form of runes which aren't all that exciting, things like +10% damage and so on. Physical customization is poor as well, whilst these games have never been on the scale of say WoW I play the game looking just like every other demon hunter in my party, you might argue thats a non-issue but It bothers me that blizzard were too lazy to change things up, even just with different colour pallettes. The way the story (A fantastic story on it's own mind you) is told is mediocre as well, the characters are really hit and miss, some are fantastic and loveable and others you just despise from the word go and the story itself seems unfinished, in the sense that you have to read the books to get the full picture. Outside of the lack of oomph, the gameplay is smooth and fun, the multiplayer is nice even if it is limited to only 4 players. It also lacks mods, meaning that if you're done with the game once you've completed the story on all difficulties and aren't into repetative grinding for the best loot you're gonna be out of luck till the presumed expansion.

Remember, these aren't the only 2 games coming out. I'd reccomend skyrim but with Diablo, I honestly think you're gonna get more bang for ya buck with Torchlight 2 which comes out this summer. I prefer the game from playing it's beta, and honestly it's kinda been swept under the rug by Diablo and it's a shame because it's a fantastic hack and slash game (Same genre/style as Diablo, almost to a tee) and most people don't give it enough credit.

In short, I'd chose Skyrim, but if you're looking for hack and slash fun go for Torchlight 2, it's going to be retailing at £14.99, around 20 bucks I think, much cheaper than Diablo and for god sake don't just ignore it because it's not a big brand title. That said, Diablo is still a well made, solid game. Just be aware of it's flaws when you're paying full price for it, and try not to ignore them or even justify them because it's blizzard, I firmly believe they're in the wrong here.

D3 was a lot more fun for me overall and the replayability makes it the hands down winner imo.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Shemade View Post
    Me personally? I'd go with the game called outside. It's really quite a good game, can get quite long, but is REALLY worth it.

Best of all, it's FREE!
    Also outside has better graphics And more realistic

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Anevers View Post
    Not if you are really fair skinned. Those of us who are do eventually end up swimming and partaking in usual summer activities just at a much lower frequency than those who are not fair skinned. We tend stay in doors where our enemy: The Sun, cannot burn our fair skin.

I would play both. Skyrim and Diablo are just great games.

i chalange the sun.... But evry year he kicks my ass....
    il never learn tho XD

and yeah both games are great

Deleted
    skyrim imo. dont see the appeal of D3.

Quote Originally Posted by redruMPanda View Post
    Skyrim doesn't last forever it gets kind of repetitive after a month or so fun as hell to pick up every now and then after you beat it a few times. The story line is decent unless you don't like dragons. Pretty decent character development/customization. A lot of races to choose from, and you can basically choose how you play. Like I said though it gets kinda old after awhile, but still fun.

D3 you have 4 difficulty settings, 5 classes, PvP will be added in a later patch, strong community of players, the campaign sorta varies with each class story wise not a whole lot but it still varies, and the game play is pretty addictive. Is challenging as fuck later on in Hell or Inferno difficulties...yes you will rage. The servers right now are constantly being worked on and it requires you to have a internet connection to play even with single player which is one of the worst things about it.

Both games are beautiful in there own, but I will say this if you don't have a high end gaming computer Skyrim will be a bitch to run. D3 not so much it takes a decent computer to run on high, but you don't have to have a monster to run it.

Over all I would choose D3 if you want something that will take up all of summer and then some because lets be honest even though it has it's problems with the servers, and the story line does get repetitive the game play is so damn addicting you will lose days of your life immersed in it.
    sorry, but d3 gets way more repetitive much quicker than skyrim does. It's just a slightly different kind of repetition. if you don't mind killing tons of monsters over and over and over again for completely RNG loot. Some people love this though which I can't figure out for the life of me.