Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Futhark View Post
    I have a question for you Razer Naga users: how do you navigate those buttons with just your thumb?

I mean, just conceptually, I don't know how in the heat of battle I'd know whether I was pressing 5 or 8 until after I screwed it up. Maybe if I had one to play with it would become clear, but damn, it seems like a nightmare of a learning curve.
    Like Larynx said, muscle memory. It takes a bit of practice getting used to it, but you eventually just know where buttons are at. I mean, think about it: they're arrayed in a 3x4 grid.

01/02/03
    04/05/06
    07/08/09
    10/11/12

Not hard at all to know where you are. Keyboards are bigger.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 10:53 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by yoomi View Post
    silly question, I have rally small hands, Im afraid the naga with 12 buttons will be abit to much for me? I have the feeling I will not reach all the buttons haha :3
    or maybe I should get another model then razer?
    Actually, most of the people who claim to hate the Razer complain about their hands being too big, so it would probably be just right for you.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Deleted
    awesome

Quote Originally Posted by DrakeWurrum View Post
    Keyboards are bigger.
    That's the main reason people have trouble understanding the use of the naga, I think. I mean, a keyboard's keys are what... 10x or more the size of the naga's keys? That plus the naga's keys are smushed so close together due to trying to fit all of those buttons on the side of a mouse.

I've never used the naga, nor do I plan to. No reason when you can fit all of your binds and then some on the left side of your keyboard. However, I could see that being a reason why people are intimidated by it. Lots of small buttons in a small area.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Delias View Post
    That's the main reason people have trouble understanding the use of the naga, I think. I mean, a keyboard's keys are what... 10x or more the size of the naga's keys? That plus the naga's keys are smushed so close together due to trying to fit all of those buttons on the side of a mouse.
    Yeah, but keyboard keys are over-sized.
    I hope you haven't forgotten my role in this little story. I'm the leading man. You know what they say about the leading man? He never dies.

If you give in to your impulses in this world, the price is that it changes your personality in the real world. The player and character are one and the same.

Yeah, but keyboard keys are over-sized.
    This is news to me. Here I was thinking that something I have to press being the size of the finger pressing it was a good thing. o.O

10+ Year Old Account
    This is news to me. Here I was thinking that something I have to press being the size of the finger pressing it was a good thing. o.O
    You only use your fingertip to press the keys though. It's a surprisingly small surface area that you actually need. If people can handle the touch-screen "keyboards" on smartphones, the keys on the Naga are a breeze.

my naga broke, i demoed the hex and ended up buying a new naga epic, just not enough buttons.

10+ Year Old Account
    i recently got a naga, and wish i had gotten something simpler, contorting my thumb to use those side buttons is actually causing a lot of soreness and occasional pain.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BlahBlahFrigginBlah View Post
    i recently got a naga, and wish i had gotten something simpler, contorting my thumb to use those side buttons is actually causing a lot of soreness and occasional pain.
    If you're contorting your thumb that much, you may want to adjust your mouse grip.

You only use your fingertip to press the keys though. It's a surprisingly small surface area that you actually need. If people can handle the touch-screen "keyboards" on smartphones, the keys on the Naga are a breeze.
    I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm saying it's inconvenient. Are we going to pretend that typing on a touchscreen is just as easy as typing on a keyboard, now? Next we'll be saying that controllers offer just as precise FPS control as mice, at this rate!

I now own a Razer Naga Hex and the Razer Naga Molten Edition and previously the Razer Naga epic. Of the three mice I by FAR recommend the Razer Naga Molten/regular wired Razer Naga. I TRIED my best to use the Razer Naga hex as it's so sexy with the shiny green top and the pretty green lights but I just can't do it, and here are the reasons why

1. I am probably too used to the Naga
    2. As pretty as it looks I didn't like the feel of the new Naga when holding it. The top felt strangely slick while the sides felt rough
    3. Same issue as the Razer Naga Epic. I HATE having the "Forward and Back" buttons under the scroll wheel. It's an extremely inconvinent place to put them
    4. I don't like the 6 button config and think it would have worked much better if it was like the top two rows of the naga instead of the strange circular pattern around the centre hole thingy
    5. When using it I found it very hard to tell what button you're pressing as there is no bumps on any of the buttons to feel so you know what button your finger is on, and in the heat of the moment when everyone is taking damage you don't have time to look at your mouse
    6. To combat 5 Razer should have included a thumb training guide to help new users get used to the button layout
    7. The thumb buttons are too "soft" the slightest pressure clicks it and as a result, I keep accidently pressing the 4 and 5 buttons during normal PC use which never happens on the Naga, maybe it's because they sit higher than the naga buttons?
    8. Not an issue for me but i can see how this would be a terrible mouse for people who use the palm grip

If I had started out with a razer Naga Hex my opinion may be vastly different. But as someone who has been using a Naga Molten for over a year now I don't mind in saying I HATE the hex, it feels awful and really don't recommend Naga users switching over to it. New users may like it but I'd also recommend Naga Molten/Regular as once you get used to it which will take anywhere from a week to a month or two.... you won't want to be without it again!

Thanks to Shyama for this beautiful signature <3

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a question for you Razer Naga users: how do you navigate those buttons with just your thumb?

I mean, just conceptually, I don't know how in the heat of battle I'd know whether I was pressing 5 or 8 until after I screwed it up. Maybe if I had one to play with it would become clear, but damn, it seems like a nightmare of a learning curve.
    Just takes some practice and memorizing where they are eventually you get used to it.
    Life doesn’t get easier, we just grow stronger.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm not saying it's not possible, I'm saying it's inconvenient. Are we going to pretend that typing on a touchscreen is just as easy as typing on a keyboard, now? Next we'll be saying that controllers offer just as precise FPS control as mice, at this rate!
    For me, the problem with touch screen keyboards is that they're virtual keys. I prefer actual physical keys. You should've seen how fast I could text using a standard phone dial-pad.

Deleted
    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has had good experiences with Razer.
    Yeah, definitely. I'd buy from them again...and quality, longevity just wouldn't be a concern for me.

I've been through my fair share of logitech keyboards...so, on balance, would be more concerned about that.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jigain View Post
    The only negative thing I have to say about the Naga, by the way, is that the left mouse button semi-breaks after about a year (depending on how much you use it). It's known as the "double click bug", where a single click sometimes (increasing in frequency as time goes on) is registered as a double click.

Fortunately this is covered by warranty, and if the warranty has expired it can easily be fixed with contact fluid (there's numerous good Youtube videos on how to do this).

I've had this Naga close to 2 years. It has no problems and no double clicks. I don't know about ragers or people who throw it against the wall, but if this happens to you, you might want to consult w/ anger management.

---------- Post added 2012-06-20 at 01:27 PM ----------

It takes around 20 hours to get used to using 1-9. Then another 10 or so using all in conjunction with each other. It's worth it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Frostyqt View Post
    I've had this Naga close to 2 years. It has no problems and no double clicks.
    Same here. I encountered it with the Copperhead if I pushed the button too hard, but never with the Naga.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't understand why everyone says Razer build quality is bad. Maybe it's because I live in Central FL where Swifty lives. . . maybe that leads to Razer developing better products near me. I have never had a problem. Every Razer product I've owned has never had a problem and I love them. Only one that was destroyed was my Carcharias which I accidentally vacuumed the cord out of...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Haggerty View Post
    Yeah, definitely. I'd buy from them again...and quality, longevity just wouldn't be a concern for me.

I've been through my fair share of logitech keyboards...so, on balance, would be more concerned about that.
    Regardless of what keyboard brand I purchase next, I plan to leave the plastic film on for a while, or else try to find some kind of fancy transparent keyboard cover.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hex feels better than regular Naga, although, imho, they both are poor substitutes for proper keybinding.

10+ Year Old Account
    Regardless of what keyboard brand I purchase next, I plan to leave the plastic film on for a while, or else try to find some kind of fancy transparent keyboard cover.
    Why make your keyboard hideously ugly and perform worse just so it will last longer.
    If you don't care about looks or performance then why not just just buy throw away $5 keyboards once a month.