Stuck in Inferno with Barbarian - no money no progress?

My barbarian has about 24% blockrating, 75% damage reduce with armor and about 35k HP. That's the best gear I found and could afford in the auction house. I can farm all mobs on hell and I even have access to the Hell Whimsyshire level.

But in Inferno it's a game of luck since most elites kill me, some even can one-shot me. The solution would be much better gear, but all gear that would give a significat upgrade costs more than 5 million gold each. I have only about 0.5 million.

Is the only solution to grind money on hell like a goldfarmer or wait for the real money auction house and buy upgrades there? I'm stuck in this situation.

Any good ideas that do not involve grinding like a robot for hundrets of hours?

PS: Sorry for my bad spelling/grammar english is not my native language.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

stack resistances... you need atleast 600+ buffed

10+ Year Old Account
    Diablo is all about the grind for loots. So I would farm the piss out of hell for money and or better gear.

Sorry, but its the only option I can come up with. Either that or find some buddies to go along with you.

What are your resistances?

Other than that - no. D3 is a dungeon crawler that is massively based around gear and gear farming. So it's 3 options
    a) you buy gear and progress
    b) you farm gear and progress
    c) you don't progress.

Welcome to diablo hope you are having fun... go back to act 4 of hell and get items. i can prolly safely assume your not selling decently itemized gear you dont use on the AH? I have 700k in hell because i sell anything with decent stats on the AH from 10-50k depending on how good it is. You dont have to farm like a gold farmer if u use you're brain a lil. Plus this game is completely based on farming mobs over and over for a chance at an upgrade, so again i say, Welcome to diablo!!

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    How can I stack them if there is only one resistance on each gear? please explain.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    How can I stack them if there is only one resistance on each gear? please explain.
    There are plenty of items with + all resistances.

10+ Year Old Account
    Farm act 4, I'm in the same position on my own, Elites are the buggering bane of my existance. Equip all your gold farm/Magic find items and farm those pissants til something good drops or you get enough money to comb the Auction house clean.

But yeah as a monk/barbarian resistances and defencives are the most you can do, otherwise you aren't living through Inferno.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I have gotten as far as your guys, I'm really taking my progress in D3 slowly, but my guess is have different sets of gear for different resistances and wear the appropriate gear for the mob you are going to fight.

Quote Originally Posted by Syld View Post
    For act 1? If this is the case, Barbarians sure are different than Monks. I had Act 1 on farm with way less than 600, lol.

Deleted
    It can be tough. I personally don't want to spend much gold on the AH, I have around 1.1mil atm and I'm saving it for the inferno cow staff

What I did was farm Hell Whimyshire until I made some gold and got a few minor upgrades, if you can't do that, then I'd suggest farming Act IV Hell, just to get the gold, and then go buy a little on the AH, searching for +all resistances if you're getting one shot. I've seen some barbs doing act one with as low as 20-25k HP but a lot higher resistances and not getting oneshot at all.

It may also be a spec issue, I'm not a barb main myself but I'm sure you can get some good advice in the barb thread on what build is best to start inferno with. I know that the barb I run with did change his spec when we moved up to inferno.

I have inferno act 1 on clear, and can complete an entire run of it without skipping any elite pack or champions. I am currently working on act 2, and can kill nearly all champions, while still progressing. Nephalim Valor is constantly at 5 stacks.

My stats when I really felt comfortable farming Act 1 were as such-

60k HP
    11k Armor
    11k Damage

I itemized for str/vit and had 3-4 pieces with +% health.

In my experience running a two-hander in inferno is very difficult, I went into inferno with a 730 DPS weapon, and killed 1 of every 4 champion packs. Once i switched to sword and board my survivability went through the roof. Entering inferno I was playing with the following abilities

Leap+ 300% armor
    Ignore Pain +20% Life steal
    Earthquake+ Ice damage
    Cleave+ 156% weapon damage
    Furious Charge+ 8% health
    Ground Stomp+ Wrenching smash

Bloodthirst
    Unforgiving
    Berserker Rage

I felt it was a good spec, and allowed me alot of mobility. However I was having serious trouble with champions.
    Once i changed to the next spec I felt broken in inferno. I can literally ignore whatever affix a champion has and I just know that it will be dead in short order.

Ground Stomp+ Foot of the Mountaing
    Revenge+ Provocation (30% proc chance)
    War Cry+ Hardened Wrath (This changes to Impunity in Act 2)
    Call of the Ancients + Duty of the Clan
    Frenzy + Maniac
    Wrath of the Berserker+ Insanity

Pound of Flesh
    Tough as Nails
    Nerves of Steel

For act 2 I did have to stack resists though, and currently have roughly +750 all resist buffed. I didn't decide to go the route I have seen other barbarians go though, and rather than giving up vitality for a ton of resist to try and down act 2 I purchased items with the same or more vitality and +all resist. My damage has gone down about 1000, so I am sitting at 10k damage for act 2. This is the next area I plan on working to improve.

Remember when itemizing for act 2 that there is no +all resistance stat for weapons, so purchase a weapon with + int instead. I bought a 1 hander with +122 str, + 111 int and + 77 vit for 950k. Each 10 int= 1 all resist. This 1 hander was only 700 dps, but it's a worthwhile loss imho.