Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    From what I have heard, life steal gets nerfed so bad when you are fighting enemies in inferno because they are actually above level 60 that you are better off with life on hit... But that is conjecture and in no way have I tested it.

I'm fairly certain Kripp tested this out to confirm it. If I recall it was something around 20% effective life steal in Inferno so it gets hit hard.

Deleted
    i got 600 all res as barb unbuffed, 8k armor 61k hp, and 8k dps unbuffed iwth frenzy,...i use common build and i can take down most elites in act III...life on hit i got on weap 900 and that's it, got some lifesteal but dno if its even helping, have to watch more carefuly i guess.

however its duable, ppl are just crying couse they lack gear ... as stated barb is highly depended on gear

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Riperslo View Post
    how can u put str so low ?! i would put it more of like on 4th place,... % DMG + armor i mean that alone is better then single resistence. + % in hP just get in helm+(mybe) ofhand-shield other places is lol,

maybe some lifeleach would help ? i mean i see life on hit but no life steal
    Life steal is by par the worst stat in inferno
    Life steals suffers diminishing returns based on difficulty

Normal - 100% life returned
    nightmare - 70% life returned
    hell - 40% life returned
    inferno - 20% life returned

So life steal suffers 80% "nerf" when used in inferno, meaning you need 1000 life steal to recieve 200 life. making it the one of the worst stat

Riperlo:

Yeah lifesteal is horrible, I barely consider it when looking at gear. If you're doing 10k dps and have 3% lifesteal, you only get 40 life on hit!

As for rating of strength, you're right, it's a bit low. When I first wrote this guide a week ago it was common to see items with 100 strength or 300 armor, and I didn't feel like the extra damage was worth losing 2/3 of the protection. But now I see items with over 200 strength, so it's a worthy stat after all. This build was designed to be used in the farm runs that I show in my videos, where you have Tyrael helping you dps so your personal dps is less important than your ability to survive.

I also feel that a high strength drastically increases the price of an item, and you can do well enough without it. I've soloed every inferno boss and cleared all acts with only 7k dps. Now that I'm tanky enough to handle anything, I'll start getting dps upgrades to make my farm faster.

Hullo there.
    My current build is eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WkTVPR!bVe!acccZb
    I'm at 5.5k dps and 7.5k with all resists around 600. Without WotB and Earthquake with my current gear I have no chance of getting down the butcher. I am currently farming everything in act 1, but those f*cking wasps in act 2 are raping me. So far I've not been lucky in drops, but I'm not giving up hope yet. Tried your build, Z, but like I said, without WotB and EQ I don't get him down quick enough before flames kill me.

Moist - Please tell me how you are at 38k dps! I so want that..

The real way to farm inferno as a barbarian: Reroll a ranged class that can build glass cannon and not have to worry about defenses.

Quote Originally Posted by IdowhatIwant View Post
    The real way to farm inferno as a barbarian: Reroll a ranged class that can build glass cannon and not have to worry about defenses.
    Or watch any of the twitch streams of Barbs using a 2H in Inferno like Kongor
    I am Dave ! Yognaught, and I have the balls!

Quote Originally Posted by Mionelol View Post
    get gear and get war cry with 50% more resists
    spam revenge

doesn't work? get more gear.

not sure why would anyone need a guide for this, barbs have to be the most faceroll class in the game (not like ranged classes are hard or anything though, but hey at least it's a tiny wee bit more interesting)
    Barb faceroll? yeah maby when you have the so called BiS items.

Deleted
    Great guide, it helped me alot!
    - Would the be anyone who would use Frenzy with Mainiac instead of Sidearm? As it will improve the revenge dmg too, i seem to have low dmg with the gear i'm having om, so i guess Mainiac would help me out a bit. Hope you would reply on this.
    - Also i seem to have a hard time against Nightmare mobs (Because of the fears) and the "big" mobs who hits you hard, but i guess that's all about armor tho.

---------- Post added 2012-06-01 at 03:50 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by kr4ven View Post
    Hullo there.
    My current build is eu.battle.net/d3/en/calculator/barbarian#WkTVPR!bVe!acccZb
    I'm at 5.5k dps and 7.5k with all resists around 600. Without WotB and Earthquake with my current gear I have no chance of getting down the butcher. I am currently farming everything in act 1, but those f*cking wasps in act 2 are raping me. So far I've not been lucky in drops, but I'm not giving up hope yet. Tried your build, Z, but like I said, without WotB and EQ I don't get him down quick enough before flames kill me.

Moist - Please tell me how you are at 38k dps! I so want that..
    Maybe you should try to run out of the flames like a skilled man whould do instead of whining about dying in them? Common sence bro.

Quote Originally Posted by Reenest View Post
    Maybe you should try to run out of the flames like a skilled man whould do instead of whining about dying in them? Common sence bro.
    How about you use your brain a little. Flames cover the entire room after 2 minutes or something. Called game mechanics "bro".

With a high dps build, Wrath of the Berserker and Earthquake you can farm act 1 no problem. I don't necessarily recommend it because the strategy will probably not work in act 2, and the gear set is completely different from what you'll need. Also Kripp was the one that originally developed the Earthquake/Wrath build so I didn't want to pass that off as mine

Deleted
    I'm not on Inferno yet, but how good is Merciless Assault rune for Furious Charge on Inferno? Using it on Hell at the moment and when fighting 5+ mobs (pretty much always) it just seems so overpowered. Spammable 195% weapon damage to everything seems too good to me.

Quote Originally Posted by Zrave View Post
    With a high dps build, Wrath of the Berserker and Earthquake you can farm act 1 no problem. I don't necessarily recommend it because the strategy will probably not work in act 2, and the gear set is completely different from what you'll need. Also Kripp was the one that originally developed the Earthquake/Wrath build so I didn't want to pass that off as mine
    I use a similar build to Kripp's DPS build (but without earthquake) to good effect, I need to upgrade a few pieces to progress into A3 because my resists are only 400 or less buffed, but A1 is a joke (and I really mean a joke... tank and spank all elites during wrath, usually killing the whole pack in a matter of seconds, and 10-20 second butcher kills), and it most certainly works in A2. I can waypoint skip to known elite mob spawns to stack NV and have Belial dead in 20 mins tops. I have changed some gear around and deviated from my skill build to almost match the cookie cutter tank build and can do *OK* in Act 3, but don't find it all that fun compared to running a high dps setup.
    Last edited by Moist; 2012-06-02 at 03:53 AM.

Deleted
    I have dropped vitality stacking and bought some upgrades...

My stats now:

Lowest resistance: fire resistance 47%
    Highest resistance: lighting resistance 57%
    Armor: 7798 ( 72.22% )
    Vitality 982 ( 39521 HP )
    Strength: 1160 --> 7421 DPS

I feel much more comfy then my old build. I cannot really solo anything with Arcane / Fiery Chains / Frozen, but I could solo a bubble-dude while kiting.

Any recommendations for stats for Act 2/ Act 3 Inferno?

I'm currently working my way through Act 2 (up to Blood and Sand) but still struggling to kill ~75% of Elite/Champ packs.

Current stats (w/ War cry: Impunity and Sorc armor buff) are:

33.6K hp
    8592 Armor (74.12% dr)
    901 All Resist (75.02% dr)
    19.0% block chance
    3706-4704 block ammount
    817 str
    850 vit
    7374 dps
    767 dps weap

I've upgraded my gear abit. Similar stats as PowerGamez, and same problem. Most mobs are still ganking me in act 2. Can barely get through first canyon after meeting the Enchantress without dying. Probably need more hp and block.

Hey man, I've been watching your vids and loving them! I first switched to sword and board mid nightmare and pretty much never died until entering inferno when my gear was just not up to par. Ok so to the question, I had just gotten into act 2 inferno and am having kinda of a hard time surviving packs (even some normals). I am using the same skill set as you do and loving it. I'll list my stats for you so you can get a idea of my gear level.

HP - 49k
    DPS - 8k
    Strength - 852
    Dex - 102
    Vit - 1240
    Armor - 7905 (With Enchantress)
    Melee Damage Reduction - 4%
    Life Per Second - 55
    Block Amount - 1244-1444
    Block % - 16%
    Dodge % - 10%
    Damage Reduction - 72.50%
    Abbreviated Resists:
    PR - 712
    CR - 544
    FR - 733
    LR - 622
    PR - 544
    AR/HR - 568

I'm guessing it's mainly a lower health pool, lower resists, and low block% that are the main issues. It seems hard to farm enough gold to buy the good pieces with higher stats. I'm at the point where my gear is better than the blue items with just Vit and Resist all on them but still isn't quiet where I want it to be. Any suggestions/comments for me regarding your thoughts on what I can tweak?

Thanks in advance!

Juggs

Hey so I can clear act 2 inferno with ease and have been for awhile but act 3 still kinda destroys me even though I have over 900 resists. I am not sure if the problem is that my hp pool isn't quite big enough or what, so I thought I'd ask here.
    Mostly I'm wondering what stats you think I need to improve/focus on at this point to be able to do act 3 siegebreaker farm.
    My current stats with warcry are:
    Hp - 44078
    Armor - 8688
    All Resists - 906
    Physical Resist - 950
    Fire Resist - 973
    Block Chance - 22%
    Block Amount - 3706 - 4704
    Dodge Chance - 6.7%
    Melee Damage Reduction - 15%
    Life on hit - 569(455.2 after 80% modifier on frenzy is factored in)
    Life Per Second - 148.00

Hey guys. Someone requested that I make a detailed video on how I play the build, so I made a detailed play-by-play walkthrough which you can find here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pYGD71CSva4

If you have any questions I'm willing to help out, but please post them in the thread so everyone can see, I often get asked the same thing over and over.

I've also made a video concerning common gearing mistakes that I've noticed from the people that ask me for advice:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hJ3eR1E960g

Tdub90: Your hp is fine, your real weakness is your shield. That block amount is pathetic and the block chance is too low, watch my gearing mistakes video. Your armor is also way too low, makes me wonder whether you're using both Nerves of Steel and Tough as Nails?

Sixy: The easiest thing to fix is to get a little dexterity. The first 100 points of dexterity give you 10% dodge, but you need another 400 to get the next 10%, which means the first 100 dexterity is actually really strong. Easiest way is socketing a flawless square emerald to get you to 100. Your hp is a bit low but not by much, I think 50k is solid. Given your other stats, I think you can prosper in act 3, maybe watching my gameplay video linked above will help you.