Poll: Timeline. Do you have it? Did you want it?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

Facebook Timeline. Do you have it?

I hate timeline, and have (thus far) avoided getting it but Im wondering how many people do have it? And most importantly, Did you want it?

Deleted
    I have it, I opted for it and I absolutely adore it. Certainly the best thing I've seen on Facebook to date, and I was heavily not a fan of the site at first, really a big step forward into adding your own little piece of customisation to your space. Can't say it's massively different from the old facebook anyway. And I'm not a big fan of the whole "All change is bad" theory.

What is it, and can you eat it? I haven't logged onto my facebook page in months. I don't have it, I don't use it, I don't need it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still don't have it. People said they were going to be forcing people over to it in April, and a lot of people I knew switched early after they heard that, but I decided not to. Still don't have it.

Don't like how it looks at all. I don't care about looking at someone's posts from about 5 years ago, I'd rather just look at recent stuff. Don't like the layout at all.

Yes, I have it and I did want it.Seriously, I have no idea why there's so much hate over it O.o IMO it's cool and I'm gonna use it.

Deleted
    I dont have a facebook account at all and i will never get one.

Does that count?

What the hell is the point of posting "I don't have a facebook, and never want one" in a thread about Facebook? -.- Are you trying to make yourselves feel superior or something?

And no, no timeline. It looks horrible. Horrible. I hear they've been forcing it on people, but I don't see it...so I don't know. Glad I don't have it yet.
    We'll be right here eating popcorn while you get it in.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking for a "what's timeline?" option in the poll.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    I do. And I enjoy it, really.

Dont have it, Dont want it. I refuse to use it, but we'll eventually be forced to use it just like all the other features.

---------- Post added 2012-05-31 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Putmalk View Post
    What the hell is the point of posting "I don't have a facebook, and never want one" in a thread about Facebook? -.- Are you trying to make yourselves feel superior or something?

And no, no timeline. It looks horrible. Horrible. I hear they've been forcing it on people, but I don't see it...so I don't know. Glad I don't have it yet.
    They'll eventually force-change it so everyone has to use it.

Deleted
    I have timeline and I kinda like it. The coverphoto is cool and everything, even though the layout can be a bit confusing in the beginning.

Deleted
    Timeline is an abomination. Facebook will go downhill if they force everyone to have it eventually. I know I'll close my account anyway. I also don't look at my friends' profiles anymore if they have timeline, I just can't look at that shit.

Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    I'm looking for a "what's timeline?" option in the poll.
    If you don't know, you're probably not a user of facebook, at least not a very active one, and as such this topic doesn't apply to you. No need for that option.

Quote Originally Posted by Robinhoodexe View Post
    I have timeline and I kinda like it. The coverphoto is cool and everything, even though the layout can be a bit confusing in the beginning.
    I wouldnt mind JUST the cover photo, the rest of the layout is horrible though.

I am cancelling my Facebook account this week and it has alot to do with the timeline. I had a fully secured account (100% friends only) until I activated the timeline feature. Without knowing it, it exposed a huge part of my content. It really pissed me off. I'm just gathering up some contact info from some of the "significant" friends and then I'm shutting it down. Truthfully, the only reason I even keep facebook is to keep in touch with a very small number of distant friends and relatives.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by b0sanac View Post
    I wouldnt mind JUST the cover photo, the rest of the layout is horrible though.
    Neither would I, but hey, atleast they're being innovative

I have a facebook but I don't really use it. I just follow my favourite games and music groups and thats all. I don't spend more than a few minutes a day on facebook. But god I hate timeline. And I hate facebook for putting "Y U NO TIMELINE" everywhere on facebook.
    Proud Bear/Kitty Lover for 8 Years.
    >Armory

10+ Year Old Account
    Since I started using it, this is probably the 5th major UI overhaul FB has had. Everytime people complain they like it the way it is, and then by the next time they do an update everyone loves the new way, and complains about the new new way.

I didn't love timeline off the bat because it was different, but I adopted it immediately to see what they were going for. I like it a lot now, it's vastly better at providing glancable information.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where is the option for "I have a timeline but I don't care whether I have it or not" ?

Deleted
    I barely use facebook, but I find the timeline layout irritating and decided to avoid using it.